• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 01:09:14 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Cant get abilities to work for a modded class.

Started by Grillv20, December 06, 2009, 07:34:25 pm

Grillv20

December 06, 2009, 07:34:25 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Grillv20
I changed my geomancer out to do blue mage stuff and when I go into battle the menu appears grey'd out and I cant use abilities from the menu. I am not too sure what to do and I cant seem to locate the problem in another thread. I dont know if its because I havent edited the skills right or not. I just took them from the list as they were and didnt do anything to them and just made them int a skill set for geomancer. Am I supposed to do it differently? Halp!

Orlandu

December 06, 2009, 09:14:37 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Orlandu
did you change the elemental skillset (geomancer skillset) or another skillset that belong to another job? if you did, why don't you try edit the geomancer skillset now, see if it worked.
it should be fine.. i guess. but i dunno, some ppl say generics are glitchy..

Cheetah

December 06, 2009, 10:26:36 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Has the unit learned any of the skills? What does it look like in the formation screen?
Current Projects:

Grillv20

December 07, 2009, 07:24:57 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Grillv20
Thanks for the help, I got it working now.

Now that I have this working only a few of the skills arent showing up in the ability list ingame and when I set the JP on the monster skills it still shows up as if I have learned it already even though I havent.

Rythe

December 09, 2009, 06:18:31 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Rythe
Geomancer is one of the jobs whose skillset can't be changed for generics since it won't function properly. There's no solution currently, so the best you can do is to overwrite a job that does. Ninja, Lancer, Mime, and Samurai can't be changed. Calculator is a popular choice, just make sure to change its action menu type to default. I think Archer will work if you change it to default, but I'm not sure about that. All the other jobs should be fine.
(>^_^)>----------------------@(>X_x)>
YO-YO'D

Grillv20

December 18, 2009, 09:30:44 am #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Grillv20
Nevermind I figured it out, I used some common sense lol

Arganthonius

Can't you change Mimic to another skilset? Like mathskill or all swordskill?
Shouldn't that stop him from mimicking?
But how do give the ability to equip abilities (secondary,reaction,..)

SilvasRuin

You can try but the game won't recognize its existence.

You can give Mime innate abilities in the patcher, but that's about it.  No one has been able to figure out how to make it act normal yet.  Though I did just have an idea...  I'm headed to bed right now, but if no one checks this before I'm up and about again, I will:  Giving Mime Equip X abilities in its innate slot and seeing if 1.) it can equip the stuff and 2.) if the stuff stays on after battle.

...anyone already know the answer?  I know forcing the equipment on destroys it after the fight...