• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:09:22 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

how to fix graphical glitches caused by mods?

Started by mcabel, February 04, 2016, 09:21:01 pm

mcabel

Hi, My game seems to have graphic glitches as seen below, and sometimes npcs in cutscenes blink or disappear.

I modified several things in fft psp with the patcher, including those things found in the well know fftko psp, plus added innate poach for all regular classes, treasure hunter for all special classes, bequeath bacon as a 3rd ability for all pig type enemies, and accrue exp+steal exp for onion knight. Also added the "slowdown fix patch".

I removed the slowdown fix patch and decided to NOT change icon.png and it reduced the glitches in *some* battles. I could go and remove some "features" but:

+are there any specific well-known mods that could be causing this?  removing one by one is too much since I'm using a real PSP, not an emulator(nor I have a fast enough PC to run one anyway).

Angel

KO PSP already has the slowdown fix implemented, so there's no need to add it after. If KO still has slowdown, then you're using the wrong region ISO (Euro region ISO is required), and may account for your graphical errors.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

mcabel

Hi, maybe I did not explain myself very well sorry: I'm not using ko psp, I just implemented most of the changes in that patch like 

" Ability to purchase any type of good from any town, Ability to steal from Elmdore, 1 Day Errands, Treasure Hunts are all 100% finds." ETC.

( plus added innate poach for all regular classes, treasure hunter for all special classes, bequeath bacon as a 3rd ability for all pig type enemies, and accrue exp+steal exp for onion knight. )-> also this and other changes to reduce grinding, too many changes to list.

Also I had already tried not-using the slowdown fix, which did help a bit, but only in SOME battles, not all.

BTW another bug I just noticed was that sometimes in battles where more than one unit has glitchy graphics, the game freezes when picking up crystals or chests left by enemies.(treasure hunt/move find items did not had that problem)

Raijinili

Try it on an emulator. Even if it's unplayable, you're trying to solve the problem, not play it. Besides, that's one of your few options.

At least it's not a bug that only happens sometimes.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

mcabel

I had given everyone innate "catch"/sticky fingers ... My guess is that by doing that the game thought it was a different character than the standard classes, and thought it was going beyond the 9 chars sprites limit... this is my guess, considering after removing innate catch from everyone except onion knight, the glitches were fixed(so far).

3lric

Nope.avi, the PSP version doesn't have the 9 sprite limit like the psx version. And what you described wouldn't make it think there were more sprites anyway, since anyone can learn catch.
  • Modding version: PSX