• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:21:48 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFT: Complete Main Info thread

Started by Cheetah, April 07, 2009, 11:52:40 pm

LastingDawn

Quote from: "Novalis"I'm sorry, but it just isn't a true Tactics experience without the line "Ramza.... What did you get? I........." at the very end.

"Delita: Did you get your end in all of this, Ramza? I...I got this."

In my opinion is more powerful, it shows a clear regret in his choice.  That you would come in here and say that, despite that's the Point of the project is relatively disgraceful.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Novalis

The retranslation is superb, I agree. The shoddy original translation provided a lot of unintentionally hilarious moments, is all I'm saying

LastingDawn

Oh, my apologies. Tone is sort of difficult to tell over the internet after all, heh. I wasn't sure if you were serious or not.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Wiegraf

Quote from: "Novalis"The retranslation is superb, I agree. The shoddy original translation provided a lot of unintentionally hilarious moments, is all I'm saying

The new translation is amazing. The best translation Ive ever laid eyes upon in a video game. Thank goodness someone made this patch to combine the good things of the two.

But for now I will just stick to War of the Lions 1.3 because I want Balthier, Luso, Cell Shaded Cutscenes, etc.
What troubled sleep have you known to speak of my dreams? No matter how sweet, a dream must always fade into day...

-Wiegraf

Iolo

So I've read through some of the discussion here but not all so this may have been answered in a previous reply. But I was wondering if this patch is intended to eventually be a complete psp to psx conversion, with the cuts scenes, new jobs, NPC's etc., or if it's just a better translation of the game? Someone had posted a reply about the cut scenes on psx and had a youtube link for it. This gave me some false hope because I got this patch and sadly no cut scenes :'(. Anyway, I love the 1.3 version of the game and appreciate everyone's hard work on making fft even more epic than it already is. I just don't see me buying a psp solely for an edited fft. I dunno, maybe if it was completely redesigned, but probably not even then. Thanks.

Cheetah

We have found ways to implement some of the cutscenes, predominantly the intro. This may be included in future releases, but we will not be adding the mid game cutscenes. The purpose of the project is not a conversion of WotL. The updated translation is the only real thing being implemented from that version.
Current Projects:

Cheetah

With the help of FFMaster and Melonhead's attempt, the music test is very close to finally being unlocked. This means that a new release of FFT:C is needed and will hopefully be happening in the next week!
Current Projects:

mezule

Hi, long time lurker.
That's great news! I've been holding off on a playthrough for so long, waiting for this patch to get to a more complete state. The music in this game is so beautiful, what a fantastic addition a music test will be.
Thank you guys so much for all your efforts. I can hardly believe that after so long Tactics still has such an amazing community. Release .50 was wonderful.
Any news on the books?

Cheetah

I honestly believe that not having the music test working was a major mental road block for me. Hopefully now I will have the motivation to get those books inserted!
Current Projects:

FFMaster

Do you know how to shift the menu across to the left and make it wider? I did some text editing and noticed this

It should say "Testing for text changes" but gets cut off from the menu. If we can just shift it to the left and make it bigger, it should be perfect. The problem is that I don't know how to do that. I've only ever learned formula editing after all =/
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Vanya

¯\(°_0)/¯

FFMaster

☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Vanya

Sweet! ^_^
That's a big leap forward!
¯\(°_0)/¯

Cheetah

Okay major stumbling block. FFTacText is having is having problems patching World.lzw, which is the file that contains the sound test titles. I am able to get some working, but with horrible formatting. So does anyone have ideas on a fix?
Current Projects:

Atma

so, i've been scanning through tons of threads/topics/post over the last couple weeks and am ready to start on my own patch, but before i start i wanted to make sure i have all my facts straight.  so, i was wondering... will FFT: Complete have the capability to be widescreen?  i guess, i'm more asking if it's even possible for the PSX version to be changed in that way.
My name is Atma... I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.

Vanya

Nope, that was beyond the capabilities of the PSX.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Cral_lemon

I came from playing FFT 1.3 but give up starting chapter 4 because couldn't train my troops anymore over the extreem difficulty of mare random battles who most of the time end with GAME OVER over and over again, also that kambafin dude it's just ridiculous! >.<* so decide to try another alternative and saw this version...

Love it! FFT compleat + 1.3 easy type it's awesome, the dialogs the game play and the difficulty are awesome; was so cool I start a new game only to read all the new dialogs. thanks a ton!

P.S. hope kambafindif dude is not around here @~@U

TRC

Yes guys, I'm still lurking here <_<

ruwin

thank you so much for making this. i tip my hat to you.

Fenrir90

Been a long time since I have been here, and I'm loving where this patch is going. The best of luck to you all. I'm going to keep on waiting patiently until the day this patch is complete.