• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:48:13 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Class Patch - Complete!

Started by Celdia, February 23, 2009, 03:48:28 pm

Celdia

February 23, 2009, 03:48:28 pm Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 02:50:59 am by Celdia
Okay, so here it is, my first attempt at a patch. The spoiler below is a bit of a summary of the contents.

FFT Vanilla Class Change Patch
Celdia's Enchanter-Alchemist Patch v1.0 (CEAP1.0)

The intent of this patch was originally just as a test of my own understanding of patching/hacking and learning to use the tools at hand around here. I think this whole thing took me the better part of a week to put together and helped me to better understand what it is a lot of folks do in this community. I've certainly developed a great deal of respect for those of you skilled enough to put together the big game hacks after seeing how much needs to be changed in how many places just to make the relatively small changes I've put into this. That being said, this patch is pretty much just for fun, though I tried to keep it at least somewhat balanced. Enjoy!

Major Class Changes
 -Mediator
  New Name: Enchanter
  In Game Description: Warrior who battles by imbuing weapons with magical power. Skilled with ranged weaponry.
  Graphics Change: Palette for player's generic units changed.
  New Skills Added: Cripple, Blackout, Envenom, Dazzle. Solidify, Quiet, Slay, Gamble.
  Skills Removed: All original Mediator Skills, Finger Guard, Monster Talk
  Old Skills Moved: Speed Save moved from Archer to Enchanter.
  Equip Changes: Removed Knife - Added Crossbow, Bow and Book.
  HP Growth/Multi Changed to 14/70.
  MP Growth/Multi Changed to 11/80.
  All new skills have new JP Costs.
  Note: New Enchanter Skills share the formula for some holy sword skills  (Statis Sword, Crush Punch, etc). While I would have liked to make these new skills based off of MA and not PA. I may implement that change in the future but until someone figures out how to add extra damage formulas and lets me know about it.
  Also, the Enchanter's skills cannot be used while Silenced, though the skillset can still be selected. If there is a quick fix to grey that out when Silenced I'd love to have it.

-Chemist
  New Name: Alchemist
  In Game Description: Alchemist who creates and uses items to inflict and cure abnormal status. Item throw and Find abilties.
  New Skills Added: Sedative, Panacea, Adrenaline, Venom, Grease, Mosfungus, Ahriman's Eye, Phantom Vial, Number 9.
  Skills Removed: Potion, X-Potion, Maiden's Kiss, Eyedrop, Ether, Echo Grass, Antidote, Remedy, Soft, Auto-Potion*.
  Skills Modified: Hi-Potion renamed to Potion. Formula changed to restore 70HP or 33% of target's MaxHP, whichever is higher. (Thanks Razele!)
   Hi-Ether renamed to Tincture.
   Holy Water changed to remove more status ailments.
  Old Skills Moved: HP Restore moved from Monk to Alchemist.
  Innate Changed: Added Move/Find Item.
  Most new items have had their price/availability changed. The skills for those items have had their JP Cost changed as well.

Minor Class Changes

-Archer
  Lost: Speed Save - Moved to Enchanter

-Monk
  Lost: HP Restore - Moved to Alchemist

ENTD Changes

-Move/Find Item locations for Alchemist items have been changed to reflect the intended rarity of the Mosfungus and Ahriman's Eye items. One can only be Move/Found and the other can only be Poached. I think monsters still have a chance to drop these items at random.
  -For the battle at Fort Zeakden, Algus' Reaction skill has been changed to Regenerator. (Due to removal of Auto-Potion)

Files Included
  BATTLE.BIN
  WLDFACE.BIN
  WLDFACE4.bin
  UNIT.BIN
  CEAPv1.fftpatch
  CEAPv1.ffttext
  WAJU_W.SPR
  WAJU_M.SPR
  (and a copy of these PatchNotes)
  The patch files were made using the newest versions of Shishi, FFTPatcher and FFTactext (as of 2/19/09) and I used CDMage to apply the .BIN files. I'm not sure if the order in which these are applied actually matters, but I applied the fftpatch and ffttext files before importing the .BIN files.

Thanks for checking this out and please feel free to leave me feedback! ^.^

Special thanks to everyone that helped me out, gave me advice and of course to everyone that worked on the various patching tools I used to put this together.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Celdia

February 23, 2009, 07:23:31 pm #1 Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 02:51:28 am by Celdia
Update: SentinalBlade pointed me in the right direction to make a PPF of this so I did.

Goomba

February 23, 2009, 09:17:21 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Goomba
I'll play it.  :lol:

Archael

February 23, 2009, 09:55:30 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
good to see a finished patch

simple and u set out what u wanted to do

gj

Dominic NY18

February 24, 2009, 10:56:48 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dominic NY18
Gives Celdia a

*thumbs up*[/i]

DarthPaul

February 24, 2009, 11:09:49 am #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
I need to try this out some time. It looks interesting good job.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Celdia

February 24, 2009, 12:02:50 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Celdia
Yeay! Positive feedback! ^.^

Vanya

February 24, 2009, 12:28:36 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
I like it. Simple, but sweet. ^_^
I was entertaining the idea of doing something simple like this a while back. Seeing this may just be the inspiration I need. Plus it would be nice to say that I have a finished patch.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Kourama

February 24, 2009, 01:01:58 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kourama
When I get a chance I'll start playing this patch, looks pretty interesting. Finally someone implemented Alchemist into a patch.

Celdia

February 24, 2009, 01:09:51 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Celdia
Well, I talked to a few people about making Alchemist and everyone gave me roughly the same response: It'd be too powerful. 100% is too good.

...but then I realized this is Vanilla FFT. Its not like we can't beat this game to death with our eyes closed. Who cares if its too powerful. Half of the stuff in the game is too powerful.

Dokurider

February 24, 2009, 01:16:51 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dokurider
Quote from: "Celdia"Well, I talked to a few people about making Alchemist and everyone gave me roughly the same response: It'd be too powerful. 100% is too good.

...but then I realized this is Vanilla FFT. Its not like we can't beat this game to death with our eyes closed. Who cares if its too powerful. Half of the stuff in the game is too powerful.

You know, that's actually a good point you got there.

Archael

February 24, 2009, 01:28:13 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "Celdia"Well, I talked to a few people about making Alchemist and everyone gave me roughly the same response: It'd be too powerful. 100% is too good.

this is correct and true

Kourama

February 24, 2009, 02:05:11 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kourama

Which is why I like your patch. My biggest issue with FFT was that most jobs were not worth using when compared to other jobs regardless of how easy the game was.

Dokurider

February 24, 2009, 02:14:41 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dokurider
Maybe you should take it one step further and make all classes OP? I'd definitely play that.

Celdia

February 24, 2009, 02:38:22 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Celdia
I'll think about it, Doku.

Archael

February 24, 2009, 05:11:00 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
that's.. not a bad idea

DOTA time

Poco Loco

April 28, 2009, 07:44:14 am #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Poco Loco
wow thats a really good idea

I'm gonna try this out :D
"I'm Dr. Rockzo The Rock & Roll Clown... I Do Cocaine" LMAO