• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:21:44 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Terra Branford

Started by Smash, January 16, 2010, 10:46:26 pm

Lijj

Updated fixed all  minor animation problems so I think the sprite's done.
  • Modding version: PSX

Kagebunji

Yep, you deleted pixels I meant, or at least I think so, my eyes may be blind hehe. Good job, post whole sheet now here(in BMP) :)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Lijj

Now what about that portrait?

Lijj

Fixed the collar and the color. Gave her a little smirk so she doesn't seem so lugubrious.
I think the pixels could be fixed on the body. But I want to know what you guys think before I mount it.

mav

Smile/mouth looks bad, she needs shading on the cheeks around her left (our right) bang. Otherwise, you're headed in a pretty good direction. The earring looks great and the collar definitely looks less like the original. Great job.

Lijj

Thanks Mav
I did as you said; good looking out.
I did two versions theres only 1 pixel of difference but I'm sure it's crucial.

DeadManWalking

How did you make the walking animation?

Kagebunji

Yeah, I wanna know that too. How are you creatin those gif's?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Lijj

jimmyjw88

Just insert them into layers.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Lijj

Finished and submitted:http://ffhacktics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=405&start=200
Included 5 palettes so she may be used as a generic replacement.

mav

Left portrait looks much better. Congratulations on completing the sprite.

Lijj

VERY SINCERELY, thank you Mav. It was a challenge, first attempt failed hard, it felt good to move on!

Lijj

Ah Smash's thread again
Terra and Edgar rendered by Smash.
A continuation attempt of a great style for the sake of 'FFVIhardtype'.
Locke by Twinees  and Lijj. Celes by Lijj(me).
More to come soon.

Jon

Up above you posted 2 Terra portraits, I would take the left one because the one on the right that is smiling is sorta goofy looking imo. The portrait overall is really great, btw.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Smash

Quote from: "Jon"Up above you posted 2 Terra portraits, I would take the left one because the one on the right that is smiling is sorta goofy looking imo. The portrait overall is really great, btw.
What he said.

Regarding the FFVI stuff, Celes' head looks too long and lacks pointy chin, and Locke could have some of his expresion tweaked in to not have him look too serious. (Unless it was intentional for Hardtype)
Remember to make them as much Amano as possible.

Now, you guys seem to be taking the easy way out.. The original challenge was to use the existing palletes!

Here's some updated versions of mine
[attachment=0:z4p2v4i6]Ref.png[/attachment:z4p2v4i6]

Lijj

Oh that was the challenge? hahaha I was wondering why the hell you picked some of those colors. It's almost like expressionism, such wild colors. Well We just want them to match yours enough so that they fit into the game together. You can use all 16 colors with these portraits( no background), that extra color is a luxury :D .
Thanks Smash for the updates (little masterpieces) and for the suggestions. I knew the chin wasn't right.. I needed some confirmation.
Oh @Jon: I ended using the one on the left

Jon

Its just that most characters dont smile and if they do it should imitate Mustadio exactly, well at least almost exactly, otherwise for some reason imo they look wrong to me. Hope that doesn't upset you though, don't take it wrong.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Lijj

Updated FFVIh portrait progress:

mav

The stance Celes is in looks physically impossible. Either angle out her shoulders or fix her head. Locke and the old guy whose name I forgot look pretty good. Biggs looks great. Relm looks incomplete. Interesting stuff nonetheless.