• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:20:47 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFTA EDITOR: All In One v0.7 is now out!!

Started by Darthatron, June 02, 2013, 12:36:11 pm

TheSleeperHit

Wow... I registered just because I saw a huge potential in this editor...  :D I want to create a harder FFTA so I am planning to edit job stats ( particularly monsters and boss jobs) through the roof to make it harder.. is there a hard limit for stats? I am planing to create a 9999/999 boss... I have 0 knowledge in hex editing... is it possible to "extract" the changes I made in patch form so I can share it? I now its illegal to share roms....

Darthatron

Quote from: TheSleeperHit on June 24, 2014, 10:14:51 am
Wow... I registered just because I saw a huge potential in this editor...  :D I want to create a harder FFTA so I am planning to edit job stats ( particularly monsters and boss jobs) through the roof to make it harder.. is there a hard limit for stats? I am planing to create a 9999/999 boss... I have 0 knowledge in hex editing... is it possible to "extract" the changes I made in patch form so I can share it? I now its illegal to share roms....

Hello! It's always nice to see someone new joining for community. :)

Sadly there are some engine limitations like the 999 HP cap. But yes it is possible to create a "patch" which anyone can apply to their ROM. This is not illegal because there is no copyrighted material in the patch. :) The new version of AIO (coming out sometime in near~ future) will be able to export and apply patches.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Darthatron

TheSleeperHit

Quote from: Darthatron on June 24, 2014, 09:04:07 pm
Hello! It's always nice to see someone new joining for community. :)

Sadly there are some engine limitations like the 999 HP cap. But yes it is possible to create a "patch" which anyone can apply to their ROM. This is not illegal because there is no copyrighted material in the patch. :) The new version of AIO (coming out sometime in near~ future) will be able to export and apply patches.

So the max value of all the stats is 999 across the board even if it shows 1k+ in the editor? Will the edited roms changes appear when I use the savestate from an unedited rom? It's quite tedious to repeat the game over and over again just to test it... The intro is quite long... Thanks!

bcrobert

It depends on what specific edits you make. For example, if you save after you get your starting party then change the soldier's starting HP to say...300. Your characters would then be at a huge disadvantage because they were generated by the game's original mechanics instead.

But most things, like weapon/ability/description edits, can be changed mid-game with no adverse effects. Back when I was actively modding I was actually editing the enemies fight by fight so that I would have a definitive feel for what level a player is likely to be at that point in the game.
My FFTA hacking tools: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9559.0

Believe it or not, I'm still working on this game.

TheSleeperHit

So the changes will only be applied to the units/missions that are not rendered yet..... This is really fun! I am buffing up clans to make the game way harder.! Double sword + excalibur + maintenance ftw!.... :)))))

TheSleeperHit

Another question... In the ai priority settings.... Does a higher number means increase ai priority? I am kinda putting ultimas to all ai enemies, and I want them to spam it... Like a real person would.... :twisted: :twisted:

bcrobert

Quote from: TheSleeperHit on June 26, 2014, 01:04:30 pm
Another question... In the ai priority settings.... Does a higher number means increase ai priority? I am kinda putting ultimas to all ai enemies, and I want them to spam it... Like a real person would.... :twisted: :twisted:

Yes. Putting that on "all" AI enemies might get boring after a while, but yes. I dunno how the routine works mechanically but testing confirms that setting it higher increases the probability an enemy will use that skill.

Ethereal Embrace

So does anyone know what the "aggressiveness" byte in the other section of job editor, do?

I'm going to assume it means the chance that the computer AI of that job will perform a regular attack, but anyone know for sure?

Klokinator

Hi, I was wondering how I could edit Ability Data? I wanted to change some of the Paladin abilities, like giving him the Burial and Auto-Life abilities. Thinking of making a more normalized ability set hack and giving the player the option to reclass into any class from the start, except sniper, assassin, and ninja. I wanted to get the Paladin more into the role of "Killing undead and healing allies" but I can't figure out how to edit the ability data. I altered a sword to give paladins the auto-life skill, but can't actually adjust this bit?

PS, if anyone wonders who I am, I'm the guy who made this wildly popular hack for Fire Emblem. http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=49023&page=1

Darthatron

Press the little pencil icon and it will open up the "Race Editor" that lets you change the race's abilities. :) Hope this helps
  • Discord username: Darthatron

Klokinator

I tried that but I don't know how to add more.

Ethereal Embrace

Well, you can't really "add more". If you wanna keep things really simple, you can only really "replace existing moves".

Klokinator

Quote from: Ethereal Embrace on December 18, 2014, 07:28:45 am
Well, you can't really "add more". If you wanna keep things really simple, you can only really "replace existing moves".

If I use the nightmare modules, can I add more, or is there a hardcoded racial limit?

bcrobert

The only way to add more is to repoint the data in several places. Repointing is a basic hacking skill that you'll need to master if you're not satisfied with replacing things with other things. If you want to have true freedom over the game you'll need to read some tutorials and learn how to hex edit.

It's not that there's a "hardcoded racial limit" but the list only has so many entries on it. Just think about it realistically. Why would SquareEnix add twenty empty entries to a list? What could they possibly gain from wasting space in the ROM like that?

Klokinator

Quote from: bcrobert on December 18, 2014, 09:37:14 pm
The only way to add more is to repoint the data in several places. Repointing is a basic hacking skill that you'll need to master if you're not satisfied with replacing things with other things. If you want to have true freedom over the game you'll need to read some tutorials and learn how to hex edit.

It's not that there's a "hardcoded racial limit" but the list only has so many entries on it. Just think about it realistically. Why would SquareEnix add twenty empty entries to a list? What could they possibly gain from wasting space in the ROM like that?

There's typically a limit of FF entries. I was just asking if that limit was hit and apparently it isn't. Good enough for me.

Ethereal Embrace

Just a request of mine for this thing:
- Did anyone ever figure out what's up with Equip Shields? Like everything else works fine (except maybe Ribbon, last I checked) but not Shields. Also got to a Shield and press Select to see which jobs can equip them, the list matches what the AIO editor does, but those added jobs actually cannot equip them, despite the list saying so.

And here's a tertiary question that may or may not have to do with this:
- Do innate (Support/Reaction) abilities exist in this game? And are we able to work with them?
As far as I know, they don't with the notable exception of Alchemist, which has a very bizarre and very unique innate ability.

bcrobert

Quote from: Ethereal Embrace on December 24, 2014, 10:39:22 am
And here's a tertiary question that may or may not have to do with this:
- Do innate (Support/Reaction) abilities exist in this game? And are we able to work with them?
As far as I know, they don't with the notable exception of Alchemist, which has a very bizarre and very unique innate ability.

Nope. Innate abilities are sadly absent in FFTA. Thus it irks me that Alchemist has Item. Having the only innate ability in the game is unfair enough, but on top of that it's an A-Ability? >_<

No clue what's going on with shields. I never use shields so I didn't know that was a thing. Maybe it performs additional checks when equipping shields? They're notably the only item in the game with an "any job can equip this" support ability so it doesn't sound too far-fetched for them to run extra checks.

Klokinator

Wait, are you saying the Alchemist class always has access to the Item ability? You can have two class skills and Item too?

Eternal

Yep. Item has always been an innate skillset on Alchemists.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

trukxlig123

may i ask if there's a way to make a mission repeatable?