• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Desperation - A new beginning

Started by st4rw4k3r, October 30, 2012, 02:39:32 am

Dokurider

And yet more people coming out of nowhere. Isn't this forest supposed to be uninhabited? Trying not to dismiss this stranger for his diminutive statue and unsure footing and voice, he also seemed not to harbor ill intent.

It was difficult for Mayumi to believe such a bizarre string of coincidences, but the fact remains that her odds of escaping these horrible woods on her own are minuscule. She would just have to buy these series of oddities at face value for the time being and just trust these strangers. Nevertheless, this still irked her. "Okay enough of this. Who are you and what are you doing here in this woods?" Mayumi sharply interrogated the two newcomers, daring anyone else to come out of the woods.

While Mayumi was dealing with these strangers, Koa was talking to the odd white puff of a creature and the man from the sky, crouching herself down to their level. "You want me to heal him?" Koa confirmed, motioning towards their fallen ally. "I'll see what I can do, but I've never seen animals like you before." She stood up and walked over to the other puff. With the light of her torch, she inspected the little creature for wounds. "I'll look at you next, Mister."

Taichii

November 28, 2012, 03:39:13 pm #21 Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 12:18:52 am by Taichii
Taichii's eyes widened as he heard what the lady said....
"What? That happened to me?" Taichii, flustered,stood up and walked to the lady....
"Is there anyone who was with me? or is there anything like what happened to me, happened? Can you please tell me?"
Taichii looked at the window and brushed the glass.... "what happened exactly...?" Taichii closed his eyes as a mere flashback appeared on his vision...

Taichii appears in the middle of a hallway.... it looks like he is in a stand of...
As Taichii was about to strike two entities...... A black portal appeared in front of him and sucked him inside.... "Huh!? Anitaaaaaaaaaa~!" He screamed as he fell into the dark never ending abyss...
A wolf's rushed forward and followed Taichii inside the dimensional rift....
The portal immediately closes....

Taichii opened his eyes... "Anita...? So is that the name of the girl that appears in my mind? and who's that wolf?" Taichii turned around and looked back at the lady... He silently thought that if that's was what happened to him then he wasn't from this world.... And whatever that Anita is to him... then she might have been struct by the same black hole...
He looks at the lady... "I remembered her name... it was.. Anita..." Taichii's chest ached... "P-please.. any information would do..."
Taichii's eyes grew weak, and in a few moments, he falls and lay flat at the doorstep. sound asleep,.
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

Taichii

"We-we are Kupo! Moogles! I'm Ardin.. and this is my brother Carl...." Ardin pointed at Rai...
"And Rai over there is our very dear friend.. He doesnt look like it but he's very strong!"
Carl starts to moan and after a few moments.. he finally sounded comfortably while sleeping...

The girl moved towards Rai... "I'll look at you next, Mister."
Rai flinches little as the girl applies her medication to him....
"We were about to die.... Two of our comrades lost their lives from saving us while we were ambushed... Arrows rained on us....
Next thing i know we were falling here... Is this the afterlife?"  Rai asked as he looks at the girl treating his wounds....

"Rune saved us Rai! As soon as you kupo passed out i think she took control of your body again..kupo, but i dont know how or what she did to make us kupo appear here!" Ardin interrupted.

"Wait... who is Rune? and excuse me? took over my body? AGAIN??? is there something you're not telling me Ardin?"  Rai said as he tilted his head towards Ardin...

Carl woke up... "You obviously were not kupo conscious Rai, so you didnt know... And Ardin kupo.. Rune told us to keep her kupo identity a secret... Because she told us that you will kupo suffer more if you were to remember about her..."

"I'm sorry kupo Brother Carl.. I did not kupo inted to.. it kupo slipped..." Said Carl as he bows to his brother

As Rai was about to say another word... yellow glowing eyes appeared from the darkness around them... it keeps on multiplying as the moments go by... and the screeching before was louder than ever... as one dashed towards another tree where a nearby flame is, Rai caught a glimpse of what looked liked an elf but with a dark tainted color and carries an axe on its back .. its claws, long and sharp.. its full set of fangs shows, as it keeps on screeching...

"We'll talk about this later Ardin and Carl" Rai said as he tries to stand up...

"Desperation"

Reks

Balthazar had opened his mouth to speak to the girl who had spoken to him, when he noticed a glint of a weapon. He immediately doused his flame, and spun into a low fighting stance. He barely had time to deflect the axe strike, and had to jump back again as he was stuck at a second time.

Balthazar couldn't see his opponent, but listened for it's breathing...

Like lightning, he lunged forward and buried his cinquedea to the hilt in the creature's gut, then pulled it out, letting the creature fall to the ground. He re-created the flame in his left hand, only to find a large gash across his shoulder.

Bal must have been hit right before he'd killed.... Whatever it was. He bent down to check, seemingly ignoring the pain from his arm.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Jumza

Ryan waited for the other stranger to answer the girl first, instead he just put out his fire. Before he knew what was happening, the boy who had been talking was attacked. Ryan wasn't quite sure of what was attacking him, "Any number of things in a place like this...", but before he could finish his thought the monster or whatever it was fell to the ground, and the fire was lit again, almost as if nothing had happened.

As the other boy knelt down to check out what the monster was, Ryan looked up from the dead body, and saw another attacker, quite similar to the first about to bring his weapon down on the boy. Ryan quickly grabbed his staff with both hands, and brought it down on the monsters head.

The monster stopped and turned towards him, not dazed and looking very angry.
"Uh oh"
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

st4rw4k3r

His words were very desperate as he tried to piece together what was going on around him. She stood there and listened to his words that erupted into this emotional blur of desperation. Once his speech brought itself to a halt, she looked at him, her emotions plain and relaxed, she spoke.
       "Child you are in great need of my immediate attention. I am not sure how greatly you have suffered from these casualties. But your need for help if quite apparent." She unfolded her hands and walked forward to him. The way she talked seemed to change, as though her words were talking to Taichii in their own way, trying to make him sleep. "Relax Taichii, relax and take a rest. Anita will require your full strength and attention later."

Dokurider

"What? They came back?" Mayumi exclaimed as the Dark Elves launched their attack on the group. A group of Elves exploded out of the darkness, attacking each of the standing members. Mayumi was greeted by the Elf with the spear, it's dark shaft blending into the black surroundings, leaving only the spear tip even remotely visible.

The Elf cackled with glee as it thrust and shoved it's point at Mayumi, bouncing backwards at Mayumi's attempts at closing the distance. Seeing that getting her hands on him would be too inconvenient, she took out her knife and flung it at him. Out of either luck or skill, he managed to parry the knife away, but he didn't see that cable attached to it. A quick snap of her wrist and it wrapped around the spear shaft. Before it realized what had just happened, she sent a powerful electric current though his spear. His chest crushed his screams as his hands locked on to his spear, buzzing and burning. Mayumi yanked the Elf over to her and released her knife, pulling it back into her hand. Now at her feet, stunned, her knife punched a hole through it's skull like it was a pumpkin.

She turned around to see another Dark Elf menacing Koa and her patients. The boy in the mask tried to stand to fight, but he couldn't get his legs under him. The Elf flung some gooey mass at Koa's torch, splattering on her and snuffing out her light, leaving only the dimming daylight and the encroaching darkness. "It was all a distraction! They needed that light out!" she realized. Instantly, she burst towards that Elf as it was readying it's knife. Her massive, yet quick strides brought her to the creature's side before it even realized she was moving towards him. Her knife fell upon him and carved him into pieces.

"Are you okay?" Mayumi asked as she rushed to Koa's side.

"I'm fine but I need to get this boy on his feet." Koa answered while applying more ointment. "Cover me while I treat him."

"Give me that torch. We need to get it lit again." Koa handed her the doused torch.

Quickly, she gave the torch a strong zap, but the cold goo just bubbled in mockery. She then gave it another zap, longer and harder, but the goo would not burn off. "Damn it, Koa, this isn't lighting! You need to get another one out!"

"Just give me a minute! I'm almost done here." Koa was now quickly bandaging the boy's injuries, efficiently wrapping around him. "Just be still for a moment. When I'm done here, we'll find cover and let Mayumi take care of these demons."

Meanwhile, Mayumi was forced to scan the abyss staring, hoping to catch even the slightest hint of an attack. The Dark Elves laughed and danced just beyond her sight, feeling safe on the other side of the the wall of darkness. She wasn't pleased having to stand guard out in the open like this. She needed to be out there, using her superior speed and power to slaughter them. As she stood in defense, she heard the all too familiar sound of arrows streaking through the sky. She looked up quickly to see a volley of arrows beginning to pierce the second sky. With great speed, she moved back to Koa and the boy and covered them from the incoming storm.

Taichii

Taichii looked down... Hearing the lady's words, his eyes started to feel heavy again... He could hear the chirping of birds outside suddenly grew quiet and moments later, there was nothing...
"Mama~" The appearance of that little girl sent chills through Taichii's spine.. The hair on his arms and at the back of his head stood up.... "I'm sorry... but I must go... I have to find her..."
Taichii got his things, and headed for the door... "Thank you for your help... Would you mind telling me your name? And also the nearest pub if you don't mind?" Taichii said as he turned around and glanced back and smiled...

"Desperation"

Taichii

Rai patted the girl's head... "Thank you for healing me... I'll be leaving my moogles friends in your care now..." Rai took baby steps on the soft soil covered with leaves... Little by little, he gained his motion actions back... He saw how the two male humans were able to fend off the dark entities but got hurt in the clash as well... He searched for the girl with fast- lightning movements... The light flickering from above the dark forest started to fade... "Is it night time kupo already, Rai? Time kupo flies by so quick~" Ardin mustered... The girl with fast - lightning movement suddenly appeared to their north, dodging trees and maneuvering along falling branches... Rai looked above and saw a volley of arrows... "No.. Not this again...." Rai felt fear... fear of someone that is near to him again will die...
"Lift your sword...And shout from the bottom of your heart...Gale" A girl's voice modulated on Rai's head...
"Gale? What? Who are you? Where are you?" Rai asked out of confusion..
"Just trust me!" The girl shouted out of desperation as the arrows near their area at an outstanding velocity...
The forest light grew darker and darker.. Rai closed his eyes...
"Damn!" Rai stomped the ground... He thought that he could attack it with his skills but it could only protect him... ardin and carl might get hit... and also the other humans that are around them...
"trust me~" Rai recalled the distant voice...
"I have no choice then.... Alright .. I'll trust you.." Rai tilted his head towards the humans...
"Everyone, get behind me" Rai steps forward and lifts up the Chroma Sword...
The vision of the forest getting darker and his vision fading all generated in sync as he closed his eyes... He concentrates.. on the people that he wants to protect... "Ignias... Lucious.. Im sorry... Carl, Ardin.. please let this not be the last..." The chroma sword glows as an orb of neon green materializes on the orb slot...  Rai opened his eyes and shouted... "GAAAAAAAAALEEEEEEE!" His face, which was painted with emotions made him look fierce...
A huge amount of wind filled the area .. and as Rai slashes forward the Chroma Sword towards the arrows, an outburst of hurricane like wind slices the volley in half ... The middle portion completely destroyed, and the side portions on the volley of arrows were redirected to the far left and far right.. missing their location and hitting the tree trunks far from them... some hit the dark elves that were trying to ambush them incase they flee from that location...
Rai , to his disbelief.. Froze for a second, his eyes completely opened wide.. his mind, on shock on what he had just done....

"Desperation"

Reks

December 08, 2012, 10:42:51 pm #29 Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 06:25:04 am by Reks
Balthazar, having at first dove behind a tree to avoid the arrow storm, noticed one of the strangers standing still in the open after he'd deflected the arrows. Balthazar respected this: wind was his natural element. He ran up to the stricken young man, shook his shoulder, talking urgently but quietly.

"Look, there's no time for that now. Be in shock that you did whatever you did AFTER you're out of danger."

After assuring the young man had heard him, Bal turned and charged the nearest Dark Elf, easily beheading it with his enhanced speed and cinquedea. He lit both of his knives on fire, not as light or a distraction, but as actual flames. Bal had managed to cut down four more of them before he got locked into a duel of sorts with one armed similarly to himself.

Balthazar ended the elf's life with a feinted slash across the elf's throat, and turned to assure the others were fine when...

He thought he heard.....

"Oh for the love of...."

The chocobo stampede had followed him, and he took no short time in bolting before they reached him, and soon he had left the forest completely, fleeing from the angry chocobos. Which continued to give chase.

Jumza

The Dark Elf had barely been dazed by his attack, however Ryan and the elf noticed a whistling noise and they both looked up.
Arrows. Lots.
But the boy that had been on the ground before was up and blowing the arrows away, a stray came down and struck the elf threatening Ryan, immediately killing it.
Then more fighting ensued, and Ryan tried to help out as much as possible, whipping spells of darkness all around the elves, as the light was fading and the dark was the strongest element now.

Suddenly, a sound like a rumbling volcano, or hundreds of men sprinting at once, was heard.
"What is that?"
The boy who had brought down many elves with his dagger turned and wasted no time in getting out of the forest as soon as possible, or at least as far as Ryan could see into the forest. Now turning to face the problem at hand, Ryan found the source of the noise.
"Wait... are those..."
Ryan quickly took to climbing the nearest tree as to avoid getting trampled by the thundering footsteps of the chocobo stampede.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

st4rw4k3r

The boy fell asleep quickly, falling straight to the ground. The lady walked over to him and placed her hand on his shoulder.
        "Life's refreshing breeze, bring in energy and restore."
        From her hand came an auracious golden light that emitted gleaming and shining rays of twirling light that fed it's self into him. These golden rays and their mysterious and fascinating nature poured energy into him and his wounds quickly repaired themselves, using the energy to feed off of. After a few seconds the lady pulled her hand away from him, stopping the lights entirely. She stood up and looked at the boy. Out of no where he jumped up and began talking, about how he had to go again. Curiosity struck her heavily. What is it that his kid needed so badly, who is he exactly too?
        "Thank you for your help... Would you mind telling me your name? And also the nearest pub if you don't mind?" he said to her, smiling.
        "You are an interesting person... You do not seem to know where you are or are going. Yet you have a want to find something important to you." She smiled back at him. "You can call me Al. I'll be joining you, if you do not mind."

Dokurider

Just as the storm of arrows were about to descend upon them, the boy stood up and with a wild swung of his sword, a wall of air rushed upwards, bouncing the arrows away like they hit a cobbled road, at least, the majority of them. Mayumi heard the sound of her armor making it's distinct shearing sound when cut, indicating she's been hit, somewhere on her back. "Koa, I've been hit. Can you get the arrow out for me?"

When Mayumi let her up, Koa wasted no time in circling around her and inspecting her back. A single arrow had plunged into her lower left quadrant. Thanks to the construction of the armor, the arrow hadn't penetrated too deeply and it came out agreeably. A quick application of fast acting healing salve over the wound and Mayumi was good as new. But just as Mayumi was confirming she had full movement of her back, a wild rumbling shook the forest. Mayumi put herself between the origin of the quaking and Koa, trying to ascertain it's nature. As it neared, she could hear the sounds of Chocobos warking.

"A chocobo stampede? Here?!?" she exclaimed. The Chocobos were coming right at them and fast. Mayumi didn't even have to ask Koa to grab onto her. She then grabbed the boy and the short white talking things and dashed to the nearest tree. Even when carrying two people, she didn't seem any bit slower or at a loss for finesse. Koa had an already tight grip around Mayumi's waist, so the boy had to grab Mayumi around the neck. She started up the tree with a powerful bound, then effortlessly scaled the rest of the trunk with the grace of a leopard. She seemed to hardly need her kunai to climb the tree, make a smart and brief stab or two into the bark before reaching the top of barren tree.

They watched the yellow feathered river pour underneath them. It seem to never end. As there were up there clutching to the branches for dear life, Mayumi had a thought. She figured that this stampede must have taken the Dark Elves by surprise as well or else they would have struck by now. She could use this opportunity to launch a counterattack on them. She couldn't obviously just move on the ground and just hopping on a panicking, stampeding chocobo seemed too risky, so they only way to move around was to leap from tree to tree.

"I'm going after the Dark Elves, stay here until the Chocobos leave." Mayumi commanded as she lept off the tree without leaving a chance for anyone to respond. The trees grew fairly close together, so it was child's play to make the leaps from tree to tree. Furthermore, the trees were surprising strong and supple despite their dead like appearances, so they supported her weight well. She continued to bound and zig zag between the tree tops, looking for her quarry.

Taichii

Taichii picked up his scythe and blade along with his other stuff... He buckles his weapons on his back as he got up...

"Al.. It's a pleasure to meet you..." Taichii holds out his hand...

Soon after, he walked up towards the edge of the room and opened the wooden door..
As he stepped forward he got a bit surprised at the footing of the stairs which seemed to be in a spiral shape..

"Oh... Well this is nice.. it's kinda like the footing of Mt. Zerikyle hahaha" Taichii laughed a little as he begins their descent on the spiral stairs.

Taichii lingers his fingers around the railings and the stair walls.. feeling the rough texture on the tip of his fingers...

"So where's this pub? is it near?" said Taichii as he tilted his head...

"It's nearby, not too far from the church. Might I ask why you wish to head to the pub?"

"I'm looking for a girl... anita's her name.. she has brown hair and two toned eyes... If what you said of what had happened to me is true.. then the same thing must have happen to her.."

Al looked puzzled for a moment. "She fell out of the sky too?"

"I dont know where this is but yes.. she might have fallen out of the sky too.. we seem to be at the same area that time so that might have happened to her too.." Said Taichii as he shrugs...

"Do you think that she may have fallen around the same area as you?"

"I dont know yet.. but where i have been, the pub gets a hold of all the rumors and informations around the area"

"I see..." said Al as she glanced above...
"Quiet now, we wouldn't want to distrub the rest of the church."

"oh im sorry~" Taichii shuts his mouth as they finally reached a giant door....
"Wow.. what a large door... is this a castle?" Taichii thought...

Al opened the door at the bottom of the stairs....
The multi coloured lights in the church shone brightly from the stain glass as the two exited the building.
Little did they know, they were being watched.
As Taichii stepped outside. he felt somewhat dizzy by the sunlight....
he groans as he covered his eyes with his sleeves... After his dizziness stopped, Taichii looked around and saw gardens along the pathway....
As they stepped forward, the flowers that came near Taichii started to wilt behind them... As the process of wilting takes about 5 seconds, Al might have not noticed them..

Once outside, Al began to speak.
"Alright, we can continue talking now." She said after letting out a contented sigh..

"what about you? what do you do?" Taichii wondered...

"Well, I am a priestess of Boladaros."

"Boladaross? what is that? and where are we actually?" Taichii starts to get a little bit confused...

"Oh my. Well where to start..." Al looked towards Taichii... "Do you, by chance know what city you are in?"
Taichii listens along as we continued to move forward

"The last city i can remember i was was limberry castle"

"Pardon me, but I do not think I have heard of a limberry castle. And I am quite the geologic expert, among other things."
"Wait... do you know any locations on this?"

Taichii stopped... He looked forward along the pink gardens along the path.... He sighed and gets something from his coat... He turned around and hands out Al a map of ivalice.. As he handed out the map, he noticed that the garden behind them is now black and lifeless...
"This is sad" Was all he could ever think of...

"oh my."

"why? are we far from limberry?"

"I would think this to be a map to a child's game, but the work put into the details..."

"what do you mean?"

"And this Ivalice, is quite unknown to me I fear."

Taichii starts to feel somewhat uneasy upon hearing those words...
"then .. you mean....we're not in ivalice at all?"

"We are in Nidaris... In the City of Alic."

"Nidaris? Alic? i dont know where that is..." Taichii looked above and sighed...

"My, how hard did you bonk your head. Are you sure you are okay?"

Taichii turned around and proceeded to walk forward....
"Yes im quite fine.. it seems, im not from this world... and also is the little girl I've been looking for...
I dont know exactly what happened... i was fighting enemies that took her that time. then suddenly a black hole appeared below my feet and suck me in... Taichii said in a sad tone...

"A.. black hole?"

"Yes.. i dont know what triggered it though... wait let me ask one of my companions..."

Taichii drew and held out his blade.. He pointed it forwards and chanted incantations... The area suddenly became cold...
"Come out crimson!" Taichii screamed as his eyes glowed red.... The blade swirls with an outburst of ice hails... It circled him and then settles in front of them.... The ice hails join together and formed a huge giant white wolf...

"Hey crimson.. do you know what happened when we were at limberry?"

Crimson's voice modulated at both taichii and Al's mind...
"It seems that we were caught upon some sort of dimensional shift hole that time... both me and your phoenix experienced it before but we prevented from coming to different worlds.. we should've prevented your dimensional shift but we fought of something evil inside you...and thus. we also got sucked in and we appear to be in a different world..."

Al's eyes widen and she stepped back in surprise. "What manner of magic is this?"

Taichii walked along forward with Crimson.... "Did this thing happen to anita too?"

"yes.. it can sense her aura but it's too faint...i can only feel her... but i dont know where she is... "

"Oh Al... dont worry.. this blade and scythe was handed to me by my father in that world... and i learned upon a book that my dad gave me on how to summon them.. i learned my capabilities and skills that i can use on that book as well.. wait let me show you..."
Taichii opened his sack only to find its base torn apart...

"oh.. wait? where is it? it's not here.... " Said Taichii as he looked at Al and Crimson through the hole at the base of the sack...

Crimson starts to growl...

"oh, you mean this book?" Al lifted her hand, showing the book in her hand.
"I was reading, well trying to read it."

"Oh~~... you have it.. it must've fallen a while ago... Thank you for taking it with you.. we can't afford to lose time and go back at that castle like place..."

Taichii thought that they cannot go back because of what had happened to the flower garden.. He does not want to walk along the path of sorrow...

"Can you do me a favor and please hold on to it for me? it seems my sack is torn.. it might fall over... since your helping us.. i'd like you to know more about me.. that way you can trust me completely.. right?"

Crimson's voice modulated again.... "this may not be a good idea..."

"Dont worry... I dont sense something evil from her..." Taichii reassured Crimson...

"Alright... Well, i have to replenish my health.... i have not yet fully recovered.... Excuse me...."
An evil laugh modulated on Al and taichii's mind...

"That laugh seems familiar... but i dont know who it is.. oh well never mind it then... is the pub near hear?"

Al Looked up at the signs.
"Why yes, it is right this way."
"Anyway, What was that creature?"

"Oh? if you look at page 57.. She's a legendary wolf which seemed to be sealed of into a form of the blade...the reasons why she is are not stated though and she cant talk about it... the other one is the phoenix... which materializes into the form of a scythe.... i have not named her yet... because every time i summon her... it breaks out havoc upon the surrounding area.. it does everything to save me..."

Taichii increased his pace as he saw some sort of house not to far from where they are...

"and we havent talked that long yet.... she's not as open as much as crimson ...

The two fell in silence as they cover the short distance towards the pub.... "By the way.. where's the nearest restroom inside?" Taichii said as he laughed a little....
Al opened the door to the pub, barely listening to the boy. "Here we are."

"Desperation"

Taichii

The ground shook as a raging sound, which seemed like stomping boulders appears...
epicenter like phenomenon which proceeded to go towards Rai's direction approached, and as it get nearer.. and nearer....
"Chocobos!" Rai exclaimed
"stampede- Kupo~!" Ardin shouted as he ran towards Rai's back...

Rai, still shocked.. wasnt unable to move quickly...
"Rai~ rai kupo! wake up kupo let's go~!
Ardin said as he kept pounding on Rai's back ...

Suddenly..They feel a light thump...then their vision of chocobos turned into tree tops...
"Kupo.. what happened?" Ardin asked..
Rai, now in his senses... "Where are we ardin?" asked rai as he held Carl...

"I'm going after the Dark Elves, stay here until the Chocobos leave." The girl from before said... it seems that she saved us... and that certain thump is her movement...
"Damn she's quick.." Rai muttered in his head...

As stand still on the top of the tree top... They watch silently as that girl...jumped from tree to tree...

"Cool kupo..." - Carl said as his eyes twinkled in awe

"Yes, Ardin.. she's quite nice.. and she's strong.. i like her already.. hahaha" Rai chuckled..

"Now's not the time to be laughing Kupo... She's a kupo girl.. we have to kupo help her..."

"Are you sure ?" Rai asked..

Ardin sat up.. "I'm feeling better Rai kupo...I can hear your kupo conversations while i was resting... that kupo girl can heal much more powerful than us kupo..."

"Well we have to return the favor.. don't we now?" Rai said as he adjusts his mask....
"Alright,.. hang on!"

The three waited for the stampede to fully pass... and at the last moment.. they jumped into one of the chocobos....
"Got yah!"
Rai said as he landed on one of the big yellow chocobo's back and grabbed its neck...
"WAAAARK~!"

"Desperation"

Reks

Bal had no idea how long he'd run for, but he'd left the forest behind some time before. He'd managed to outrun all but one chocobo: one that had been the bane of his existance for several years past. He called her Ashwings, since her feathers were an ash gray color.

Balthazar didn't hate chocobos- They seemed to hate him. All it took was his mere presence to send nearby ones into a fit, so he avoided corrals and took side routes when he saw any caravans and traffic on the highroads that had chocobos. Some still went out of their way to chase him.

In any case, Bal was coming to the ends of his endurance. His sides hurt, breathing hurt, his feet and legs hurt, and he just wanted to stop running. But Ashwings would not relent in her chase, so he was forced to keep running. He finally found something he was looking for: A large ravine that the chocobo could not bound across. Gathering the last of his energies, he lept, and barely cleared the ravine. He rolled several times, unable to stop himself, and crashed into a tree. The impact dazed him, but he could tell that Ashwings was unable to follow him for now, warking in what he could only assume was rage. Chuckling at this, he allowed himself a bit of rest before Ashwings found a way around. She always managed to find him sooner or later, and he wanted it to be MUCH later. Standing, Balthazar took in his surroundings, and whistled, impressed. He'd run about 15 miles away from the forest, to a place he was familiar with. A town wasn't far, a few days travel at most, but since he'd left most of his stuff in the meadows beyond the forest, it'd take longer to reach it.

Bal sighed, and with a groan, began looking for the road.

Jumza

The number of Chocobo's flooding throughout the forest floor began to fall, until eventually they had all passed.
Ryan let go a sigh of relief, being trampled to death wasn't exactly how he wanted his life to end.

A short time before the stampede ended the one girl, fast as lightning, jumped from tree to tree, in what he could only assume was a search for danger.
As the last few chocobo's made their way out of sight, the other boy and his small furry friends leaped from the safety of the trees and landed right on top of a chocobo, and they were quickly run into the forest.

Ryan noticed one tree over was another girl, the one who had been in the clearing with the fast girl when the Dark Elves attacked. She looked rather unfazed by the whole situation, if not a little bit worried for her friend who had left. He decided to go talk to her, as she seemed the least dangerous of all the people he had met that day.

Waiting a moment to catch the rest of his breath, Ryan took a running jump off of a branch and managed to grab hold of the next tree.
"Oof."
He slowly began inching his way towards the cent of the tree, so the branch he was on wouldn't snap. Unfortunately it did. *CRACK*

Ryan just barely managed to grab another branch with one hand. Noticing the girl was quite close and staring at him, Ryan said "A little help? Please?" and reached up his other hand to her.

Dokurider

Koa was somewhat worried about being left by herself in this horrible forest, so she decided to stay put in the tree until Mayumi came back. Without the stampeding chocobos underneath her, she could feel the unwelcoming and oppressive atmosphere of the Dark Woods again. As she focused on staying quiet, she heard the rustling of the trees to her side. It was that mage, trying to jump to her tree. Contrary to her expectations, he not only cleared the gap between them, but even managed to grab a branch. These trees possessed surprising resiliency; it was the mage's misfortune to grab the one branch that couldn't support his weight for long as he hesitantly made his way to her, snapping underneath him.

He managed to grab hold of a nearby branch, hanging on for dear life. "A little help? Please?" he called out to her. Thankfully, he had managed to get close enough to her so that she could comfortably help him up. Possessing a surprising confidence in maneuvering in high places, she stood up, quickly took off her backpack and hung it up, planted her feet firmly, and grasped his outreached hand. Her small body frame visibly strained as she hoisted him to the bough of the tree.

"If you're going to go tree hopping," she grunted as she pulled him up to her, "you have to be quick about moving across branches. You never know how long a branch is going to hold you."

Mayumi had finally found her target. Up in the trees, the Dark Elves seemed oblivious to her presence, even as she passed directly in front of them. "This was going to be even easier than I thought." she said to herself. She leaped to the first tree with a Dark Elf in it. Only when she crashed onto his tree did he finally notice her. He barely had a moment to even screech in surprise as Mayumi ripped his throat out and tossed him into the stampede below. She quickly glanced to see if the rest of his troop reacted. Nothing. She had the complete advantage. If she acts quickly, she can take out quite a few Elves before the stampede ends.

She noticed quite a few of them were archers, and judging by the last arrow storm they came under, they were quite good shots, even despite being blind. She needed to use this opportunity to kill as many of them as possible because they were way too dangerous. The Dark Elves, in contrast to Mayumi, didn't seem all that comfortable in the trees. The few non-archer Dark Elves she attacked couldn't leverage themselves well enough to defend themselves as Mayumi mercilessly went through them. One unfortunate Dark Elf fell out of the tree and into the stampede without Mayumi even touching him. The Archers fared somewhat better. They had better reflexes and hearing, but the awkward ground the tree provided made it difficult to shoot Mayumi. She still had some close calls with the bowmen.

The screams and moans of their fellow Elves continued to go unheard. Only when they began to smell the blood of their comrades mixing with the dust in the air did they finally realize they were under attack. But only when the stampede started to die down, did their hearing return and they could start to do something about it. The archers started shooting in her general direction. She managed to keep them guessing by throwing a kunai off to the side, momentarily drawing their attention as streams of arrows flew everywhere. Previously, she could run up to them and cut them open, but their increasing hearing meant she had to attack much sooner. She started throwing her cabled kunai at them before she even landed into the tree, sticking into them and giving them a lethal jolt, all before they can react. As the archer numbers thinned, all the non archers stood by helplessly in their trees, angrily screaming and chattering at their vicious attacker. At least, until the stampede was over.

As they began to climb down, Mayumi lost her advantage over them. However, she had managed to kill most of their Archers, and she quickly moved to finish off the rest the archers. Without their bowmen, they could not reach her or anyone else. But then, the melee Dark Elves began to pick up the bows of their fallen allies. "Damn them!" Mayumi cursed their resourcefulness under her breath. As they groped around on the ground for arrows to shoot, a chocobo rode up from the distance...

Jumza

"If you're going to go tree hopping," she grunted as she pulled him up to her, "you have to be quick about moving across branches. You never know how long a branch is going to hold you."
"Thanks for the advice", the girl managed to pull Ryan up from the branch, she was quite a bit stronger than he had thought she would be.

After dusting himself off and catching his breath again, Ryan offered his hand to the girl. "My name's Ryan, what's yours?"
While this interaction is going on, Ryan hears a loud rustling from a nearby tree...

Taichii

As Rai, Ardin and Carl tries to tame the wild bird, the chocobo struggles repeatedly to get them off its back...
"Kupo , Rai... do sououhhmething~" Ardin muttered as he kept shaking along with the other two..
"Rai use this, kupo!" Carl shouted as he almost fell off the chocobo's backside... He held out his small arms and Rai quickly took what's in it..
Its a red fruit... berries of some kind... "Amachal Berry! Brother! kupo how did you get one of those?" Ardin asked in his amazement... 
"No kupo time to explain!" Ardin bit the chocobo at the back of the neck where it is vulnerable....
"WAAAAARK!" The chocobo let out a loud scream which slowed him down... Ardin looked at Rai and pointed at the bird's open beak. "Now Rai, Kupo!"
"I gotcha Carl..." Rai leaned forward while still clinging unto the chocobo's neck... he the threw the berries at the mouth of the chocobo...
Moments later... The chocobo seems to be choking... It stopped near a small pond in the forest....
The chocobo calmed down.. Ardin led the chocobo towards the ponds.. "Kupo.. here.. drink some kupo water .."
The Chocobo drinks from the pond which cleared its throat.. it sat for a while.. as the berry gets digested on the chocobo's stomach.. It gets much more obedient...
"The Amachal,kupo berry makes its consumer, kupo want to be with the first living being that it sees.. I got it kupo from an old wizard who passed through back in our kupo forest... He might have kupo thought i was kupo hungry.. I got kupo surprised as well when mother thought me what kupo that berry was.. i'm glad i did not kupo eat it.." Ardin explains.
"So .. in that case.. the chocobo is now...." Rai and Carl looks at Ardin...
The chocobo rubs its beak unto the little white moogle as it keeps laughing...
"So..kupo.. Shall we go?" Ardin looked back at them and smiled...
"Let's get the one who helped us first.. ardin... we need information..." Rai stood up..
"Let's just follow the noise kupo.. the chocobo's will be there...and after wards kupo, those dark entities.." Carl walked towards the chocobo and mounted....

As the three mounted the chocobo... They headed easy and followed the sound of the ground.... To their surprise.. what they followed was no chocobo track.. but the dark elves.... The chocobo kept charging forward as Rai , Ardin and Carl slash, hack and use firemagic to repel the dark elves that were infront of them... "W-WAAAArk" in the distance... they saw the girl above the tree....
Rai looked at the girl as they neared her... "Jump! come on~ this chocobo can handle one more!"
Rai , Ardin and Carl cover the chocobo and the girl as they wait for her descent.

"Desperation"