• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:53:04 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Choto's ASM Hacks and Effects

Started by Choto, February 27, 2012, 06:05:00 pm

Choto

hmm.... i kind of get it, just gotta reread it a couple times. Thanks Glain for the advice, i'll give this a shot probly late next week

LastingDawn

Thank you Choto! Now Rad no longer has to be "invincible" to make sure he doesn't Crystalize/Treasure Box. He can die and cause a game over.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Choto

Added the Unit Dismissal hack. It seems to work fine with qoutes.. but report any bugs if they pop up.

MiKeMiTchi

That useful Unit Dismissal Hack. It's undoubtedly a must have for all custom patches out there with new playable main units. Hope there aren't any bugs popping. :)
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Choto

Added a Break skill hack (formula 25) see OP for details.

Glain

I can't seem to expand the details for the new hack in the original post.  Could be a problem with the tags/formatting?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Choto

Oh, how 'bout that lol.. Should be fixed now

Timbo

If you have two weapons equipped will you still get two chances to break a weapon?
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Timbo

Choto

November 28, 2012, 08:11:01 pm #31 Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 08:53:46 pm by Choto
Added Thrown Ball Effect hack. Happy bombing!

hint: removing the feather from feather bomb will yield a perfectly good grenade effect!

Edit: Also added an Item Effect Hack. I dunno why it wasn't included in FFTPatcher in the first place.

Choto

Good thing nobody bothered with the unit dismissal hack.. cause it was totally broken.. AND... it had the JoT5 values in there. Silly me...

hopefully fixed now.

Vanya

So the bomb/item effect hacks just change what effect is referenced, right?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Choto

yup, but in different ways. The items are just read from the ability effect table. I forget what I did with the bombs... I think it may just be hardcoding them?

Choto

Added a fixed version of Short Charge affects Charge skillset

Dome

Quote from: Choto on December 11, 2012, 09:08:46 am
Added a fixed version of Short Charge affects Charge skillset

Actually, I used FFM' hack for FFT: Plus and it worked...
What did you fix?

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Choto

Really? Lol... It must have had some issues with the other hacks for jot5... I wrote that one because it wasn't working for us.

Do you know if it displayed the correct turn when you open the skill set? Also do you know if it displayed correctly in the AT list?

Dome

Yep to both your questions, it worked perfectly :-)+
And now, a question...which version should I use for 1.02? Yours or FFM's?

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Choto

December 11, 2012, 03:39:13 pm #39 Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 11:54:32 pm by Choto
I guess... either should work. If it don't work don't fix it. Use FFM's if it's been working for you