• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:55:03 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Metal Giant

Started by Myrmidon, February 20, 2018, 03:28:27 pm

Myrmidon

Now for more things nobody ever asked for; Worker 8 recolours.

Now, on top of classic steel, you can pulverize, destroy, compress and dispose with copper, gold, cobalt, and rusted bronze plating instead of classic steel!

first attempt at recolours, had to do portraits blind, since Shishi wouldn't show me the bloody things.  Kudos to the Chocobo thread ( http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8321.0 ) where I totally stole palletes from, plus a few extra colours here and there to fill gaps

CONMAN

I really like a couple of those.  The blue/green feel a a little too unnatural for my taste...
  • Modding version: PSX

Myrmidon

I'm thinking I might darken the blue one a little, give it a more of a mythril feel, but that green one is relatively accurate to what rusted copper looks like - unnatural or not, oddly enough.

I might make another colour/set, if I can find a solid enough palette starting/ending point that I like.  Honestly, I just wanted the bronze-looking one, and got carried away, since I haven't seen much for WORKER 8 around here.

Maybe some of the metals from Terraria might be a good call - like that lovely pink in Palladium it has...

Valkirst

Big fan of the subdued gold one on the upper right.
  • Modding version: PSX
Completed Sprites
  • Discord username: Valkirst