• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 01:25:39 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFT the Durai Records (Working title) VanillaMod

Started by Aiolon, July 23, 2015, 03:53:10 am

Aiolon

It's been over a year since the last time i was here but i have returned! and this time i returned with something.

Long time ago i started this project with enthusiasm, hype and excitement i was prepared to make this project a thing, however as time passed some things began to change and saying that i quited this project due to the lack of interest its a total lie.
I have real life friends that love this game and they were really interested in the things i was doing (mods) so i tried to impress them and i really wanted to gain their aproval, i wanted to be worshipped by them and while everything was working the way i wanted i started to notice something.

In the end i realized that i dropped my original ideas and i was making the game THEY wanted, not the project i had in mind. As time passed they lost interest and moved to other games leaving me with a crappy "fanservice" project with a bunch of mediocre ideas.

few months later i regained my interest in FFT Mods and decided to finish what i started but back then there were many things i ignored or didn't know how to use such as ENTD always /randomly present flags, Job level and AI JP management so my entire ENTD edits were completely broken and after playing through my abomination i encountered hundreds of bugs and a broken balance so i decided to start over while keeping my original ideas and after many many tries and bug fixes here it is.

the changelog is HUGE! and i believe this mod is 10x times better than the ugly beta that i posted here a year and half ago.
the changes go from Item changes, job changes to ENTD.

the core mechanics of the mod are still alive and working! CT 0 magic, Tiered equipment, Full ENTD rework, MP universal and item collecting (War trophies, Poaching and Synthesis shop).

The game is fully playable from chapter 1 Orbonne Monastery to chapter 4 Deep dungeon END 1-4 so it can be considered complete. i will post a changelog in the future.

• Modding version: PSX
Wizzard: I have returned once again.
Chocobo: Wark?
Wizzard: yes.

Quillbeatssword

Definitely going to try it out but not until I'm totally finished with the foundation of my mod. I don't want to get distracted yet.
I'm curious for sure. Glad to see you picked back up the mantle!
I'm always up for trying new mods!
I respect anyone with the knowledge to design tools for any game I mod. From total war, Rotk, Dragon age etc. That being said. Some of the best mods I ever used/created came from people with no knowledge of tool creation but a great knowledge of the tool. Some people can use the tools you make better than you. Saying a lack of that particular skillset doesn't make you a good/great modder is like saying using a game engine you didn't code makes you a crap game designer or a mechanic that didn't design the wrench is a bad mechanic. Stay humble. Everyone has different skillsets. Everyone contributes differently.

Aiolon

Thanks! and yeah you stay away from other peoples patches until you get yours running.

Quillbeatssword

I'm very close. It's a little delayed currently because some of the ASMs weren't compatible and I've had to shift some things around to compensate. Others are temperamental and only seem to work occasionally. Large headache tbh.
I respect anyone with the knowledge to design tools for any game I mod. From total war, Rotk, Dragon age etc. That being said. Some of the best mods I ever used/created came from people with no knowledge of tool creation but a great knowledge of the tool. Some people can use the tools you make better than you. Saying a lack of that particular skillset doesn't make you a good/great modder is like saying using a game engine you didn't code makes you a crap game designer or a mechanic that didn't design the wrench is a bad mechanic. Stay humble. Everyone has different skillsets. Everyone contributes differently.

Aiolon

Posted version 2.1 fixes a couple bugs and one of them is actually important for item collecting (an exclusive poach item required to make 3 end game items using synthesis shop was missing.)

current version in the Opening post.

Elric

Good job man, I'll check this out in a couple weeks when I'm done with packing and moving to my new house

Nallrad

Hello, angry dude here, great to see that you finished it, congratz  :)
Couple questions...
Quote from: Aiolon on June 05, 2016, 05:27:26 pm
for curious people that still plays my casual patch, first of all my apologies.

but if theres a soul still looking for alucard stuff the maps are the next:

Bervenia volcano (you know where)
Finath River (somewhere underwater)
Germina peak (damn ninjas jump high)
yuguo woods (hug the tree)

as for the other hidden weapons

Zirekile falls (water, lots of water)
varius valley(i totally forgot about this one.. but im pretty sure it's there).

Since now you updated it, are these still all the move-find items? Are they only obtainable in main-story fight or any fight in that location? Thanks.

Aiolon

L O L angry dude! thanks!

the alucard stuff was split into normal equipment except for the sword.
the helm and the armor (now renamed as Cloaked mail) can be obtained through item Synthesis unlocked at chapter 3 with the secret hunt ability equipped on atleast 1 unit.
the sword is still obtainable with move find item at bervenia volcano or it can be obtained as a war trophy from a battle in deep dungeon (Low chance)
ring of varda was removed :/

move find item was reworked.
in chapter 1 and 2 its made so the player gets a chance to obtain powerful stuff early such as finding Tier2 weapons in chapter 1.
sometimes you can find stuff that can only be obtained from poaching or synth shop before chapter 3.
chapter 3 and 4 MFI becomes a bit uninteresting since at that point of the game the player has acces to most of the available equipment but you can still find rares or useful items from time to time.
Deep Dungeon has nothing but elixirs or rare magicite and maybe something else ;P

if i had to talk about exclusive items or better said secret items, i could list a long table with all the poach exclusive items but other than those there are 3 War trophy exclusives that can only be obtained from special random battles.
1 bow, 1 sword and 1 shield
several rares can also be obtained from War trophies if you get lucky.

Aiolon

February 15, 2018, 11:43:50 am #88 Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 07:36:20 pm by Aiolon
VERSION 2.1.2 IMPORTANT!!

Fixes a few bugs and one of them is actually gamebreaking.. i thought i had this fixed but silly me saved a patch and forgot to apply it so..

Fixes:
-Fixed Bethla Garrison Sluice fight that had 2 knights unable to become crystals making it imposible for the player to finish the battle.
the knights have been replaced with chocobos that can be poached or turn into crystal.
-Fixed some item requirements in synth shop.
-Fixed the description and job names for Rafa and Malak.
-Fixed some random human units flagged as monsters.
-Fixed Mustadio's Secret ability! stupid me forgot to hit that learn on Hit -_-. Considering this is particularly hard to get since the stupid boss that has it Refuses to attack mustadio unless A) The ability is strong enough to kill him or B) he is the only target he can reach. Good luck getting it :P
Chapter 4 Bed dessert boss fight

- Increased The HP of robs and some clothing.

Thats all the relevant changes for now~ hopefully i won't have to fight more bugs but if you find something really odd then let me now! taking suggestions and answering questions~

Current version in the OP

paladin679

here to report a bug. In chapter 2, when Mustadio is supposed to join the party, the games gives you no option to accept. Instead he joins as a guest with rafa's sprite and job as a guest. I figured this may resolve itself once i obtained rafa at the end of chapter 3 however, now I have rafa and a guest rafa instead of a guest mustadio with rafa's sprite. Pretty confused tbh and since I no longer have mustadio I'm gonna assume i cannot do any of the sidequests except deep dungeon. Any fixes or am I screwed?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Aiolon

okay i have no idea of how the hell this happened but you are right.
i have found the bug (THANKS FOR REPORTING IT) and fixed it.
this is one of those bugs that are the result of an accident that i believe ocurred during one of the fixes for the most recent versions.

you have no idea how useful this is for me, not many people play this so any bugs i missed can be a real problem. ugh, i feel like one of those cheap Free to play / pay to win game developers: fix something and break something else.

im very sorry for the inconvenience but yes... at this point anyone that has made it pass that point of the game is screwed... mustadio is still mustadio but looking like rafa so all the sidequests are "safe" but if you dumped "Rafadio" out of your party then the sidestuff is locked.

will be posting an updated version fixing this extremely stupid bug. i get super frustrated with myself when stuff like this happens >->

very very sorry for this :( this was an accident that happened after i finished my test run so i didnt run into it.

Quillbeatssword

Aiolon

March 05, 2018, 06:35:40 pm #92 Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 09:37:47 pm by Aiolon
good luck! tell me if you find bugs or if you have questions and/or suggestions :P
remember to save often~

also glad to see you are back.

EDIT: i have been notified that ppf file will not show in the PPF O MATIC when opening the folder that contains the patch, this is because i forgot to set the file name as a .ppf file but the patch is still there.
the patch file can be found by changing the file display to All files. il make sure to fix this for future versions lol.

leander

I would like to try this but i have a mountain of games to play.

I wonder why this isnt in the completed patches ?

Looks fun to try alucard 😀

Elric

Quote from: leander on March 31, 2018, 09:19:17 pm
I would like to try this but i have a mountain of games to play.

I wonder why this isnt in the completed patches ?

Looks fun to try alucard 😀

Because he has never PMed me to move it to completed, so i can only assume he is still making changes and doesn't consider it complete

Aiolon

QuoteBecause he has never PMed me to move it to completed, so i can only assume he is still making changes and doesn't consider it complete

THIS^
I'd love to see this in completed patches but im not 100% happy with the final product so im still making changes and making sure everything is working.
the current version can be played from beggining to end but im still improving a few things. the next version should be the completed one as currently im working on:
Monster skills (because some of them look like pointless filler)
Random units placement (to make some battles harder)
Assassin and Dark knight jobs (skillset and more balance)
this should be complete this month.

GafgarionRPG

Já jogo FFT a mais de 15 anos atrás, até hoje nunca vi outro jogo ter o mesmo encantamento que FFT tem de prender agente no jogo.
já joguei outros patch aqui do fórum e me identifiquei bastante com o seu... queria pedir se você tiver, a arvore de trabalho do seu patch.
e agradecer a todos que fazem desse jogo imortal :D

Bonesy

Rule 11 will back me up on this, but please use English here.
  • Discord username: Bonesy#9386

Aiolon

Quote from: GafgarionRPG on April 23, 2018, 09:01:46 pm
Já jogo FFT a mais de 15 anos atrás, até hoje nunca vi outro jogo ter o mesmo encantamento que FFT tem de prender agente no jogo.
já joguei outros patch aqui do fórum e me identifiquei bastante com o seu... queria pedir se você tiver, a arvore de trabalho do seu patch.
e agradecer a todos que fazem desse jogo imortal :D

Muito obrigado, estou feliz que você goste do meu patch. infelizmente estou longe de casa e não tenho os dados do jogo, já que não tenho acesso ao meu computador pessoal. Eu colocarei a árvore de trabalho o mais breve possível.

(Thank you so much, im glad you are liking my patch. unfortunately im currently away from home and i don't have access to my personal computer and the game data. I will post the job tree for you as soon as i get the chance)

Quote from: Bonesy on April 23, 2018, 10:04:27 pm
Rule 11 will back me up on this, but please use English here.

i don't mind it. my main language is spanish so i can understand some portuguese. He was expressing gratitude for the game (and thats always welcome) and asked for the job tree :p

Elric

Quote from: Aiolon on April 23, 2018, 11:11:40 pm
Muito obrigado, estou feliz que você goste do meu patch. infelizmente estou longe de casa e não tenho os dados do jogo, já que não tenho acesso ao meu computador pessoal. Eu colocarei a árvore de trabalho o mais breve possível.

(Thank you so much, im glad you are liking my patch. unfortunately im currently away from home and i don't have access to my personal computer and the game data. I will post the job tree for you as soon as i get the chance)
i don't mind it. my main language is spanish so i can understand some portuguese. He was expressing gratitude for the game (and thats always welcome) and asked for the job tree :p

Which is fine, but per the rules hes still required to put an english version of his post alongside an foreign language as we are an english only forum