• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 18, 2024, 11:35:42 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFT the Durai Records (Working title) VanillaMod

Started by Aiolon, July 23, 2015, 03:53:10 am

GafgarionRPG

I come here to apologize for the post in Portuguese, is that I am Brazilian and my google chrome translates the automatic English here, I had not seen only English posts ... from now on I do not write more in Portuguese, I just want you to know that I am Brazilian and that the whole world is looking at the work of you who make the patches ... I know how difficult it is to make these patches, I also mean that the boy of the journey of the 5 is a myth, a hug to everyone Guys, I'm waiting for the aiolon work tree, thank you.
And another thing I'm translating for google, I do not know how it will get there this message  :lol: :lol:
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Tails_Doll_Prower

I swear If I see more of this! Man keep this up! I know its complete, however I would to see more of this after it's 100%  :v/:

Aiolon

April 30, 2018, 03:52:23 pm #102 Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 04:13:12 pm by Aiolon
hahaha. i forgot about that :P 
just came to let people know that im back (again) and im resuming this patch (again) hopefully the final final version will be posted soon.
......Soon™

anyways heres a super lazy screenshot spoiling al the jobs for the current version... in case you want to spoil yourself and kill the surprise of unlocking a new jo here it is!

Nah, not really, im considering to add a masterguide databse revealing all info so nothing here to spoil.
reminder: Assassin and Darklord are still work in progress and they might suffer serious changes before the last version.
Monk --> Caster / scholar (depends on version)
Thief --> Hunter
Mediator --> Assassin
Samurai --> Magiciter
Calculator --> Warrior
Bard --> Darklord (male only)
Dancer --> Songstress (female only)

• Modding version: PSX
Wizzard: I have returned once again.
Chocobo: Wark?
Wizzard: yes.

Tails_Doll_Prower

Class: Hunter -> Secret Hunt (Ability)

What is this for anything important?

Aiolon

Thanks Nyzer.

To resume. In DR (Durai Records) secret hunt also known as poach its an innate ability for everyone, but you still need to learn and equip the ability to at least 1 of your units to use Fur shops + Sysnthesis shop found in Trade cities. Note that you won't be able to use them until chapter 3.

Poaching along synth shop are two of the most important features in my patch as they are necessary to get the most powerful equipment.

i need to stop being lazy and actually explain these things with detail not only here but in game too. i have added some info to the "secret hunt" help message. not necessarily a bug but its something that can be improved so, thanks for reporting. :)

Tails_Doll_Prower

Thanks you much Nyzer.

And Aiolon if I find more- I will let you know if there anything out there I find for a bug or anything that is Questionable. You're Certainly Welcome.

iherou

Hey, just wanted to asked if you're still implementing the (Magus) Ramza thing? I'm actually looking forward to a different approach from Ramzas' traditional *warrior* style, but I'm not too sure any of the updated patches holds the Ramza I'm looking forward to playing as. I feel like you're completely on to a new verge of something epic. A Magic Knight Ramza seems pretty awesome. Oh, and thanks for taking the time to read this post hopefully. XoXo..ooXX.

P.S. I'm just kidding about the hug kiss thing...unless..
P.S. (x2) Alright, I'm kidding for real this time.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Aiolon

haha, thanks for the random kisses and sorry for the late reply. Im checking the thread constantly but somehow i missed your post :s

as for the magus ramza i prefered to discard the idea due to the very large amount of magic user jobs in the game.
having ramza as a mage was an interesting concept but the more i played the game the more i realized i was very very biased with magic to the point where i was making the main character a magic user too.

i originally planned to make 2 versions of the game, 1 with warrior ramza and another one with magus but due to a lot of changes and heavy mistakes (losing my databases being one of them) i prefer to not touch skillsets until the game is complete.

however~ if i were to make magus ramza like the one i made in the first super beta demo years ago then it would be pretty simple since all it does is taking different magic spells from all the magic jobs and honestly thats not very creative.
I will look into the posibility to do that for an alternative version and maybe make some new spells while im at it.
but i have to finish the final version first and that is probably going to take some time.

slowly but surely~

estoniesta

Quote from: Aiolon on June 12, 2018, 04:00:09 pm
haha, thanks for the random kisses and sorry for the late reply. Im checking the thread constantly but somehow i missed your post :s

as for the magus ramza i prefered to discard the idea due to the very large amount of magic user jobs in the game.
having ramza as a mage was an interesting concept but the more i played the game the more i realized i was very very biased with magic to the point where i was making the main character a magic user too.

i originally planned to make 2 versions of the game, 1 with warrior ramza and another one with magus but due to a lot of changes and heavy mistakes (losing my databases being one of them) i prefer to not touch skillsets until the game is complete.

however~ if i were to make magus ramza like the one i made in the first super beta demo years ago then it would be pretty simple since all it does is taking different magic spells from all the magic jobs and honestly thats not very creative.
I will look into the posibility to do that for an alternative version and maybe make some new spells while im at it.
but i have to finish the final version first and that is probably going to take some time.

slowly but surely~

IMO.... Maybe you could make Ramza as a hybrid class if making 2 versions is too rough. Anyway, I LOVE your ideas.
Keep up the good work!

Tails_Doll_Prower

Class-> Black Mage ->Spell: Nova -> No Message

Not sure if you know of it. but just setting this here if it reminds you to put anything you need. However I'm slowly getting back into the patch. However i played a new game, there was no Alucard. Unless you intentionally removed him. That's all I have to say

Tails_Doll_Prower

Hey Aiolon I don't know if your Cheeking these posts still however.. I found a bug- I call it the "Flail Fail Bug" After Cheeking a Flail Stats in Shop I get this Shop.

in any case If I exit the shop it'll return as normal after Re-entering it. Unless I try to cheek the stats.

GarenBeoulve

Hello.
I decided to go through the "works in progress" and took a look at the works that I found most interesting and ended up discovering this Masterpiece. This patch includes everything that I have always wanted at the same time, such as changing the name of the characters. Congratulations to all involved and thank you very much!
Guns require no charge time. Simply aim and fire!

Aiolon

Quote from: GarenBeoulve on April 20, 2020, 07:45:47 pmHello.
I decided to go through the "works in progress" and took a look at the works that I found most interesting and ended up discovering this Masterpiece. This patch includes everything that I have always wanted at the same time, such as changing the name of the characters. Congratulations to all involved and thank you very much!

Thank you very much! i appreciate that you took the time to delve into my little madness. However, This is no masterpiece and it has a sizable ammount of mini bugs. none of them game breaking but still... bugs.
As for the people involved. Directly it was me, myself and I.  and indirectly a BUNCH of people with their crazy Hacks, Tools, Beautiful sprites and tutorials.

Unfortunately i lost my files and database for this very old project a while ago. I am currently working on a different project that will replace this one once it is finished.

So, bug Fixing this version is not within my priorities. If you actually play this long enough and happen to find a game breaking bug. I will look for a way to fix it.

GarenBeoulve

Hahaha, you take things very seriously (laughing about the "masterpiece"). If there are bugs, but as long as they allow the game to be finished, it's fine. Thank you very much, then, and indirectly to all these people who spend their time promoting joy. Another project, cool! And thanks, again, for offering to fix a possible bug.
Guns require no charge time. Simply aim and fire!

Aiolon

Dropping this alternative file here for people having trouble extracting .Zip files. IT is the same version as the one in the opening post.

Akashachi

I've been lurking ffthackticks for many years and never found the need to comment but this mod is such a hidden jewel.Im loving all class changes, the equipment changes and it has been a blast to play.

I've seen that you no longer have the original files so small bugfixes like the one from the Flails is not feasible but so far I have not found a single bug besides that one. 

Just some small inquiries: I've seen that the current Ramza Mercenary class has a few skills that seems to be learned in contact. Could you tell me which skills are these, where I can obtain them and if there are other skills to be learned in contact for other units/jobs as well?

Thank you for the amazing work this has become my favorite vanilla rework I've experienced thus far.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Aiolon

Oh wow this fills my heart with joy and a bit of sadness.
Glad you are liking it.  :o

I don't actually remember the skills i used for this version. But, if my memory is still working, you can get a preview of all the learn-on-hit abilities during the opening battle at orbonne monastery.

I believe i wrote some hints on how to learn the abilities on their description text but i could be mistaken.

Maybe i should hurry up and go back to work on my mod. One of these days...

SBHubal

I just tried your mod on PS3, works like a charm.
Thank you for controllable guests.
Can I apply this mod on the FFT Complete?

Elric

Quote from: SBHubal on February 07, 2021, 01:52:40 amI just tried your mod on PS3, works like a charm.
Thank you for controllable guests.
Can I apply this mod on the FFT Complete?

you cant apply patches overtop of patches like that