• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 02:40:57 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFT psx version with dark knight?

Started by Mograine_D, January 04, 2018, 04:03:43 am

Mograine_D

January 04, 2018, 04:03:43 am Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 04:45:50 am by Mograine_D
the last time I was modding on my old computer.. I could have sworn that there was a FFT version for psx that u guys made that included the original dark knight job, sprite, abilities etc.. am I just remembering incorrectly? or was that actually a thing?.. seriously could've sworn I was modding with a PSX WOTL version.. or at least a PSX version that had onion knight, dark knight, the other characters like luso etc.. am I seriously crazy? haha

because I wouldt even know how to begin to go about actually ADDING a brand new class wether its one already made.. all I know how to do is replace a class that's already there.. I'm sure I can figure it out I just hope I don't have too yet

I tried the FFT complete completed patch, it literally did nothing.. downloaded it, did the PPF o matic applied it correctly.. even said it was fully applied.. I tested it out nothing.. looking around online for a version I can use but I'm not finding one for some reason.
  • Modding version: PSX
Chuuuuurrrrge!!

Timbo

A few years ago I was making such a version of the game, when Elric basically womped my idea by planning a similar (and superior) project called the Lion War.

His project, which was moving at blazing speed, forced me to rethink my own. There was a brief notion of my project using his a base.

There were some delays in TLW that fortunately gave me some time to actually reconsider my thoughts on the PSP version of the game. Frankly the war of the Lions script is not as good. It's hokey at times, poorly translated, it's full of major errors. However, it provides an iconic and meaningful experience. An experience that WoTL painfully over embellishes and cannot duplicate.

Furthermore, most of the additional scenes and character content actually take away from the story buy sullying it with additional marketing content that was popular at that time.

The onion Knight is cross promotional marketing for Final Fantasy III DS.

Luso and Balthier are cross-promotional marketing for Final Fantasy Tactics A2 and Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings. They really have no place in this story and unlike Cloud, the game doesn't even try to explain why they are there.

The Dark Knight is just overpowered, unbalanced, fanservice. The most significant thing about is how difficult it is to unlock it.

The new Delita scenes are buy large irrelevant. You get to play as his character during some new attitude battles with difficulty levels so low that they undermine it undermines the scenes' inclusion as battles rather than just cutscenes.

Off of the top of my head, the only new content of value is the expanded party roster size and this comes with a distorted and stretched out graphics, intense slowdowns, and terrible sound quality.

Save yourself the trouble walk away.
  • Discord username: Timbo

Nyzer

There's no mod that adds those jobs to the job wheel without replacing other ones. Some have brought them in as special characters - that's as good as you're gonna get.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Mograine_D

@timbo

yeah the reason I wanted it was to replace luso, bailtheir, with other characters of my own without replacing anyone else and the same for onion and dark knight my hope was to not have to change less popular jobs for jobs I'm working on.. like replacing mime etc that way I could just get rid of onion and dark knight... don't know how to fully add a whole other job slot or anything so I'm stuck wit replacing..

ty for the info and quick response guys greatly appreciated
Chuuuuurrrrge!!