• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 07:23:21 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Change Character-specific jobs or lock jobs from generics?

Started by Naoto, March 17, 2012, 06:16:01 am

Naoto

I was wondering how hard it would be to completely make a class up assuming that the sprites are going to be recycled basically.  There seems to be room according to what I see when I examine the random blank slots in the job hack application, but I was wondering if those blank slots can actually be manipulated.

Also, I was wondering if there's a way to lock jobs to certain characters like how the hermetic is only for that special character and whatnot.  Is it possible to make it so that someone like Marche can have either a new class or an already built-in class all to himself.

Darthatron

Yes, it's possible. But it requires ASM. I'm sure it's possible, though. :) I can look in to it, if you like?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Darthatron

Naoto

That would be cool, I always wanted to try turning Marche into his own character-specific class or something similar.  I wouldn't mind sacrificing a few classes to do so.  Example, hume has way too many classes to start with o.O

Ethereal Embrace

I was also wondering about how this could be done.  I mean, I want Ezel and co. to actually be useful.

I wanted to make Marche start off as a Solider-like job but with better stats, and maybe a few other moves too. Like Ramza was in FFT.

Eternal

Darth, isn't Ezel and Babus considered their own race or something?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Ethereal Embrace

Naoto

Hmm do we move Ramza into a new race that has access to the current jobset then?

Interesting idea.