• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:49:12 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

(Help) FFTA2 Hacks/ARs to start with full MP

Started by TheEmden, October 13, 2013, 09:12:29 am

TheEmden

Alright so i have played FFTA for a VERY long time, in total, around 4 fully completed run throughs, which equates to around 500 hours in the game.

I just realised (literally a few days ago) that there is a sequel, FFTA2 (Yea, i live under a rock...).
I looked through some reviews and looked the game up on the FF Wiki and i liked what i saw... Until this, "Units now start with 0 MP" This sentence really made me cringe as the game seems great otherwise.

Now before you say try the game first, ETC, ETC, from what i know from FFTA, this new MP mechanic is going to make battles more long winded, the early game frustrating and it limits class diversity since this change seriously undermines mages (Unless they are vieras apparently).

So does anyone have any hacks or ARs that allow both you and the enemy to start with max mp instead? In other words, a hack that makes the MP mechanics similar to FFTA?

The only thing i have seen so far are ARs that give infinite MP, which is not exactly what i'm looking and it also does not even affect enemy units.

Angel

I remember there being talk of this in IRC before, but I have no idea if it was ever brought to fruition. It's one of the things that would make me hate the game less.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Eternal

Start with Max MP
BD180: B8 03 C4 E1
BD18C: 00 10 A0 E3
BEC44: BA 03 D5 E1

Darthatron found this a while ago.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

TheEmden

Quote from: Eternal on October 13, 2013, 10:19:21 pm
Start with Max MP
BD180: B8 03 C4 E1
BD18C: 00 10 A0 E3
BEC44: BA 03 D5 E1

Darthatron found this a while ago.

Oh, thanks.
Though i really have very little experience with game hacking (None with FFTA games to be honest)
This doesn't look like an AR so i guess i have to do hex editing for this right? Any tools that i can use or some minor pointers? (If i'm not wasting your time...)

Eternal

I use HxD, myself, but any hex editor should suffice. :)
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

TheEmden

Quote from: Eternal on October 14, 2013, 01:02:22 am
I use HxD, myself, but any hex editor should suffice. :)

Alright i think i did it right, for the first battle my allies and the enemies had full mp. When i looked at some walkthroughs, they seemed to start with 10 mp instead.

I just want to be sure that there is little to no chance that the MP mechanic will revert back to the original and that it works for all, if not most battles?

Anyway, thanks a whole load Eternal, you were a great help. Now i can play the game how i feel it should be played!
Oh, and i just wanna add, hex editing is actually pretty easy :P (atleast when you know what to edit!)

ArcticPrism

Is there a way to disable natural MP regeneration as well? The 10 per turn/20 with mp channeling.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

ArcticPrism

April 29, 2014, 02:49:50 pm #7 Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 09:23:21 pm by ArcticPrism
Quote from: ArcticPrism on February 15, 2014, 09:19:05 pm
Is there a way to disable natural MP regeneration as well? The 10 per turn/20 with mp channeling.

Still wondering about this.

Though, what I wonder about the most if anyone has found a way to make enemy levels scale with the party.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown