• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:02:22 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Thread for people to complain about the Master Guide

Started by FFMaster, January 03, 2011, 05:03:43 pm

JamesOnyx

Quote from: Dokurider on July 06, 2013, 06:05:29 pm
Chrono Trigger is activated by damage, not just by getting attacked.

Are you sure Chrono Trigger is activated by just damage?  My Priest was at a 40/70 so about a 55% proc rate and I tested it out in like 5-6 matches having her take half damage from Maelstrom and it never occurred once.  Then some random dude decides to walk up and hit her and it immediately goes off  :?

At least I know it's true for Dragon Spirit now, which is a little disappointing but completely understandable.

Reactions that I tested that would go off from Maelstrom were:

Auto Potion
Speed Save
PA Save
MA Save
HP Restore
MP Restore
Distribute

I'm pretty sure Brave Up/Faith Up would proc too, and of course MP Absorb but I never tested it.  I don't know about Regenerator, that's the only one I'm questionable on now.

reinoe

Faith Up triggers because it's magic.  I don't know if Brave UP triggers because that reaction is terrible.
My dreams can come true!

CT5Holy

Chrono Trigger, like Dragon Spirit, will trigger off of physical attacks. My hypothesis is that since Chrono Trigger used to be Sunken State, it has the same trigger conditions as Sunken State, which I believe are the same as Dragon Spirit.

Correction, reinoe - Faith UP triggers when the unit is affected by an ability that costs MP. So Sing/Dance will trigger Faith UP. I believe Absorb MP works the same way.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

reinoe

Quote from: CT5Holy on July 06, 2013, 11:30:24 pm
Chrono Trigger, like Dragon Spirit, will trigger off of physical attacks. My hypothesis is that since Chrono Trigger used to be Sunken State, it has the same trigger conditions as Sunken State, which I believe are the same as Dragon Spirit.

Correction, reinoe - Faith UP triggers when the unit is affected by an ability that costs MP. So Sing/Dance will trigger Faith UP. I believe Absorb MP works the same way.

Excellent!  CT5HOLY is a fountain of wisdom!  And now to look through the team submissions thread to see if anyones even used Brave UP, because that reaction is oh so bad...
My dreams can come true!

The Damned

(No one's used Brave Up in a while, partly because it costs too much and isn't nearly as abusive as Faith Up can be, which also sees very little use despite what CT5Holy pointed out.)

FFMaster! Come hither! For I have yet another item to nag you about while I eternally neglect my own patches!

In addition to the asking you to please decide on being consistent about "Blind" or "Darkness" in the Master Guide (not that vanilla was, which is part of the reason why I nag you about such things--you're better than that), I was finally reminded to also ask that you please make it apparent in procs of abilities with the same name as status whether it is said status or the spell. For instance, making it apparent on something like Poison Rod that it's the status Poison being proc'd at 100% and not the spell Poison.

And so on and so on.

So asketh (read: demandeth) the Complainer. (Like Uatu, but more annoying.)
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"