• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:33:14 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Troubleshooting FFTPatcher! (Post all FFTPatcher questions here!)

Started by RavenOfRazgriz, December 10, 2012, 01:31:47 pm

Xifanie

Let's say you have a 65% learn spell:
- Units generated have 65% chance to learn the spell (given enough JP)
- You'll have 65% chance to learn the spell being hit by it (with Learn on Hit)
- You'll have 65% chance to learn it when picking up the crystal of a unit who knew the spell.

So yes Jumza, same thing
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Jumza

Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Black Knight Egroj

Please , i have two small questions.
1-Does the ??? status multiplicates every unit status by 10?
2-Can FFpatcher edit the job level of any job for any unit on ENDT?If yes ,how?
-Wait a minute, did you just summon a bunch of monsters in one turn?
-Yes, so?
-That is against the rules isn't it?
-Screw the rules I have money!!

Xifanie

Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Black Knight Egroj

-Yes, so?

Black Knight Egroj

Another question please, how many types of sprites can i have in a battlefield at once?
I am asking this because i saw in a post that in order to give lavian ,alicia and rad new special jobs you will have to change fukes the chemist to an archer, otherwise the battle would not start.
Is there any other battlefield that have this limitation?
-Yes, so?

Xifanie

no limit for the types (TYPE1, TYPE2, MON, CYOKO, KANZEN, etc.), but you can only have 9 spritesheets loaded in the game at any given time. Being over the limit would only cause graphical glitches though, it would not prevent the battle from starting.

Black Knight Egroj

Thank you again xifanie, you have no idea of how much you are helping me out.
-Yes, so?

foofatron

How can I make an attack to go from person to person? I remember seeing a fire attack that would "spread" to clumped together people. Is there a way to do it with just fftpatcher?

If I want a spell to go in three lines away from the caster, like triple chain lightening, what would I check off in fftpatcher? (ai behavior) Linear attack. triple breath ; (bottom box) vertical fixed, linear attack, 3 directions. I haven't tested it yet but that is what I set the spell to have.

Also, is there a formula that does damage and guarantees a status effect?

Black Knight Egroj

You will have to mark 3 directions , linear attack and adjust the area of effect .Also , i have a question, when i change an ability to "weapon strike" it does not "weapon strike" in game , am I missing somenthing?
-Yes, so?

RedNax

I want to make some items available in the shops. I can do it with the normal items, but I want to add the extra rare ones, like the chaosbringer. It doesn't give me the option to do that. What can I do?

Emmy

Uncheck "rare"
Choose a Shop availability (for example, Ch 4 Start) and a price for your item
Check off the towns that you want it to be sold in.

Here's an example of an item that was rare in vanilla that is not rare in my mod.  I changed item names in Patcher to match those in my mod, but this still gives you an idea of what to check:

RedNax

My problem is on the PSP version of the game. I want to add the items on the left side, but it doesn't show me the cities or shops.

Here is want I mean.

Nyzer

The PSP exclusive items were crudely tacked on in a completely separate item databank that was never made available to anything the Patcher can affect. All you can do with them is change their stats, names, and descriptions.

Saying that WotL is mod-unfriendly compared to the PSX version is, frankly, putting it lightly.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

BleuVII

Hi guys, I'm trying to create an ability in order to beef up the archer class a bit. Ideally, what I'd like to have is:
"Do weapon damage and have a 33% chance of adding poison." I couldn't find a formula to do that, so I tried just modeling it after Mustadio's snipes. In the screenshot, I'm on my third attempt, simply modeling it after poison but making it an attack based on the weapon's range. All 3 attempts have ended in the same behavior:
1. The turn window cannot be displayed because the desired effect is too far in the future.
2. Nothing happens, but it counts as an attack attempted.
3. If the battle goes on long enough, the game crashes.

The answer may very well be "Don't try to mod WotL", but I've been able to do everything else I've tried except this, so I think it may just be my inexperience. What am I doing wrong?
  • Modding version: WotL

BleuVII

I think I may have found an answer to both of my questions.
1. It kept crashing because I had corrupted the ISO with an earlier version. I will be starting over tomorrow with a clean ISO.
2. Eye Gouge is the ability that I need to copy. It uses formula 50: "Hit(MA+X)% Status PE".

Blandation

Hello, wanted to thank the contributors here, long time user of some of the tools here for the original FFT.  Now I'm moving onto PSP stuff.

My issue is that if I apply the slowdown patch + the patch I created with the editor, the game will crash when Delita in the first battle takes a turn (haven't tested elsewhere).  I've used a fresh game and tried both patches separately and they will definitely work alone, just not together.   Any ideas?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

BleuVII

Did you edit anything on the Animations tab? If so, you need to patch in this order:
1. Start with a raw ISO (no slowdown patch)
2. Apply your FFTPatcher patch
3. THEN apply the slowdown PPF.

For me, I only had one animation edited, so I just removed the edit and accepted my fate that that one ability just wouldn't look perfect. (I had been trying to add the animation of the character swinging their sword to cast the spell.)

Blandation

I realized editing Luso's skillset caused Delita as an AI to freeze.   Might have been because I didn't add enough abilities and made the AI go wonky since they share similar skills even though they're technically not in the same table?  lolIdunno.   I just left my move/find item % and shop edits in for now.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL