• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:22:36 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Journey of the Five - Chapter 1 RELEASED! (Current Version: v1.97e)

Started by RavenOfRazgriz, March 29, 2013, 01:08:59 am

Jumza

Quote from: Mudvayne on April 22, 2013, 10:45:21 pm
The only suggestion I have is to make the world map accessible after beating the final boss perhaps? I didn't finish the side quests (though I had another save file so it didn't matter) and would have liked to use the weapon that you get as a reward after the fight.

I actually really like this idea, like, a lot. Should definitely be implemented for CH 2.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

RavenOfRazgriz

You can't return to the world map because we want your Save File to be compatible with Chapter 2 instead of needing to start a New Game each Chapter.  This is why Chapter 1 (and more than likely, every other Chapter) will end with the game hanging on the End Chapter screen.

Jumza

Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Arathor

Great job fellas!!! Wow, i had tears of joy flowing in my eyes seeing the splendid scenes especially Dante's fight scene at the beginning which is marvelous. I made an account to express my gratitude to all the persons behind the Journey of Five. I am on the early stage of the game and i love the dialogues you guys made like "This sword looks like a piece of sh*t", i laughed my heart out with that. Whoever think of putting 5 of these badass characters in this game is a genius.

Thank you very much and you guys are amazing!!! Bravo!!!! Raise the roof!!!! Aye!!!!

3lric

I honestly don't think I could ask for a better birthday present than all the recent praise we've been getting.
I'm responsible for choosing the 5 characters, as well as making that Dante event and most others, but a HUGE part of the
praise actually belongs to my team instead. They worked just as hard as I did.

RavenOfRazgriz

Version updated to v1.92.  This is mostly a cleanup release and is more or less nonessential if you were already on 1.91 unless you fall into the categories listed in the Download thread, which you can check for details.

Enjoy.

GeneralStrife

It is truly a great patch. I've been playing it. I've been getting my ass kicked though, shows how rusty I am. Great job guys.

Arathor

I'm currently on the scene where Link, one of the noseless heroes, received a stone from a repentant hoodie. The game is addictively challenging and grinding that The fab five had been munching on a lot of phoenix downs lately and if the amount of brave is deducted with such...oh well, my heroes would be olympic class runners from it. What can i say? I'm HOOKED. THIS GAME IS SUPERB. FUCK YEAH!!!!!
Btw, there's a glitch or bug that one human opponent i met along the way en route to a destination, had it's death timer reached zero but after a long turn, it doesn't turn into a gem while the monsters killed after it had no problem turning into one.  And another one, when i clicked on the option menu, the EPSXE 1.8.0 i'm using shuts off. That being said, it's no big deal actually. I only informed you awesome guys about it for no other negative reasons.
So far, my favourite hero in the game is Dante, i hope alma falls for him. By the way, when the female informant asked Ramza Seymour what favour he wanted from them two...or to her as a return, Wow! I thought Ramza would ask her for them to be dating on the side, aside from their adventures of course. I wish Ramza was as dashing a debonaire "Don Juan de Marco il Valention" as Dante and perhaps he is...as the game had a lot of surprises even at the beginning.
FANTASTIC PATCH. THANK YOU!!!!!

RavenOfRazgriz

It's not a bug that those characters aren't becoming a Crystal.  Check their equipment.  Whenever something looks weird, press Select, all the Help files are completely redone and will usually tell you exactly what's going on.  As for that ePSXe crash, we've had that reported one other time back when things were in Beta and we couldn't replicate it, so it's a bit difficult to try and fix.  We know that it happens, but unless it's unique to ePSXe 1.8.0 specifically we can't make it happen to figure out why it happens.  (I debug with 1.7.0, 1.6.0, and pSXfin and I can't make the game crash on any of the above when using Options.)

Good to hear you're enjoying the game, though, and don't worry, Chapter 2 will have plenty more surprises in store once you're done with Chapter 1.

Arathor

Thank you for the tip, Sir RavenOfRazgriz. My apology if i thought it was a bug. As for that "option"crash, it happened only once. Upon checking once again to find if clicking the "option" results in an epsxe crash, No. It works fine. 

Yeah i'm enjoying the game so much,  i just only wish i was a "Time Mage" myself to time-freeze my limited nocturnal playing hour, which i consider valiantly important after a day's hard work...although before doing that, my duty as a Father to 2 little Princess and my Queen Wife must be duly accomplished with loving accuracy, or else; my Wife Queen's romance stat will decrease; while her  jealous stat rises considerably high that might summon Odin and Bahamut inside our romantic dungeon and pluck all my hair and turn me into a frog for my 2 little Princess to play with in the bathtub.

I am savouring my precious playing time with this fantastic game's beauty and allure every chance i can have. What surprises lies ahead is too much to ignore. Cheers!

RavenOfRazgriz

v1.93 is out, check out the update post in the download thread for details.

While this is a cleanup version, many (and I mean MANY) small things such as typos were fixed, and lots of other little cleanups were done.  I highly recommend updating to 1.93 to anyone whose playing on 1.91 or 1.92.

Enjoy.

RavenOfRazgriz

Quick v1.931 to fix a Formation error Arek posted where Agrias could potentially overwrite one of your party members.

It's not an essential download but that's not the kind of thing I'm let comfortable letting float around until we have a full bugfix release ready so you get a quick-fix immediately.  Enjoy.

RavenOfRazgriz

And v1.94 to fix some bugs discovered with random battles and human units in some Jobs not actually bringing any damn abilities to fight with.

HOPEFULLY this is the last update for a while.  (Again.)  I don't like constantly putting out new versions like this but I don't like leaving a buggy game out there moreso.

Enjoy, everyone.

Dreadbot8002

Dreadbot Nation Leader

Jumza

RavenOfRazgriz

Download in the main thread is updated to v1.95.  This is a fairly huge update and is basically mandatory downloading if you're currently playing on an older version, unlike 1.941.  You can find it in the usual spot.  Remember to patch it over a fresh Vanilla ISO and not your existing Journey of the Five ISO.

Enjoy everyone.