• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Memory Card Generator v2.02 - Arena 1.38

Started by Xifanie, June 19, 2012, 04:00:39 pm

Xifanie

June 19, 2012, 04:00:39 pm Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 06:32:06 pm by Xifanie
Note: This file has Arena v1.38 as a base, but it can be adapted to any other patch.

Memory Card Generator 2
This utility allows you to easily build AI Battles/Tournament teams with a lot of information, statistics and error-checking provided along with high customisability. It can be adapted to any patch when used with the AI Tournament Hack. This version comes with all the submitted Arena teams to date, as of 2012/08/22. Credits to Barren for updating the teams.

Requirements:

• Microsoft Excel 2007 or higher with macros enabled (forget about OpenOffice/LibreOffice/whatever, won't do!)

Recommended:

• FDC's hack to get rid of the save checksum (not needed for Arena)

New Features:
- Complete overhaul
- Auto ripping of the SCUS data and text data (you still have to paste them in the spreadsheet)
- Powerful error checking for any type or error you can think of
- Powerful import function from forum text
- Quick export to forum format
- Supports up to 1024 teams
- The team list is automatically sorted from A to Z
- Ability to save memory cards directly to .gme/.bin/.mc/.mcr without having to convert
- Alternate names for Abilities, Jobs, Items and Skillsets
- Saves team directly to Hex in ASCII format, allowing a smooth transition to newer versions
- A crazy number of settings

Future Features:
- Calculated formulas based on current unit targeting a chosen member of the same party or of another team (This one will probably never be implemented)
- Only show most recent teams when generating a memory card
- All Geomancy and such will be automatically recognized as the entire skillset learned (next version)
- Total JP and available jobs will be calculated when generating the memory card to avoid forced team updates (2.02)
- Adding .mcr as a Memory Card type (2.01)
- Keep old Player Name, Team Name, Colours, Last Revision if they were not detected during the import (2.01)

Known bugs:
- Users with the Macintosh version of Excel 2007-2011 cannot save memory cards (no fix/alternative)
- R/S/M which aren't assigned to any generic job defaults to Squire instead of being unavailable
- 2 Hands bonus is not applied (2.02)
- Wrong palettes are selected when generating memory cards (2.02)
- Awareness' global evasion bonus isn't displayed (2.01)
- Move & Jump+1/2/3 bonuses aren't displayed (2.01)
- # of Item dupes is mistakenly linked to # of Job dupes (2.01)
- Mimes can equip accessories (2.01)
- The Export function forcefully enables all action abilities (2.01)

Changelog:
2.02:
- Upgrade to Arena 1.38
- Bug fixes
- Note: FFMaster applied the checksum hack to this new version, so it doesn't need to be reapplied.

2.01:
- Many bug fixes
- Importing will now keep/display the existing Player/Team Name/Colours/Revision upon import if the import doesn't detect new ones.
- Clearing memory cards is now much faster
- .mcr format added
- Errors now display on two lines on the Team Build sheet

Downloads:
Download Memory Card Generator v2.021
.xml checksum hack (credits to formerdeathcorps)

Screenshots:
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Pride

Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

mucus

Such awesome work!  You are so awesome for doing such awesome work!

formerdeathcorps

The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Dynablade

Wow, looks amazing, can't wait to start poking around!
Thanks, this easily looks to be 40% cooler and more sleek than the last version.

Otabo

Oh, now this is great stuff. Will definetly give this a go.

Barren

I approve this work! Great job Xiffy! :)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

FFMaster

I'll have both old and new versions of the memcard generator just in case this one runs into problems.
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Xifanie

June 24, 2012, 06:01:04 pm #8 Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 06:27:12 pm by Xifanie
I need some concrete feedback on what is working and what isn't... I sincerely doubt you can break the sheet or something without noticing, so unless some people say otherwise, I would find it odd to bother working with such an old, crappy MC Generator when its only advantage is compatibility. To be honest, from what I know right now, this new spreadsheet is vastly superior in every way but that one; I really worked my ass off.

Also I added the .xml to patch the checksum in the first post.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Ryason55

Minor thing: It says Mimes are able to equip accessories.

Xifanie

Updated to 2.01

New teams imported/updated courtesy of Barren.

formerdeathcorps

July 28, 2012, 06:36:25 pm #11 Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 05:20:45 am by formerdeathcorps
Xif, we have a problem.  Units with 2 Hands don't receive the 2H damage bonus unless you manually reequip their gear in the formation menu.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Barren

One other thing detected as a error, for fanatic's team when i choose the primary color white, in the game its black. and black is not fanatic's secondary, yellow is.

So basically the color for the team palettes don't display them as selected.

Xifanie

August 22, 2012, 11:53:03 am #13 Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 08:06:23 am by Xifanie
Updated to 2.02 + Arena 1.38

New teams imported/updated courtesy of Barren.

Barren

Quick bug I noticed so far: Move- 1 in the spreadsheet still adds 1 move to the unit; not subtracts

plus when I do the move- 1 it still registers as move +1 from the thief skill tree

Xifanie

Ah crap, this is problematic because I have to make my auto-detect function weaker in order for this to work... so "move hp up" wouldn't be valid anymore since it would miss the dash.

I also completely forgot to code the new Move+-= altogether.

Barren

Not mention I just found also that the move and jump +1 doesn't apply with the tactician's blade. I'll post for more as I try out other equips and abilities

Barren

Eye Drops is also no longer suppose to be in the spread sheet, its chrono's tear now.

Xifanie

Well, tell that to FFM because I ripped the tactext data.

And Tactician's Blade doesn't have Move/Jump+1 because FFM didn't give that item any item attribute.

Xifanie

Updated to 2.021
Move-1 / Move=0 fix

But FFM still has a lot of things to do left on his patch it seems.