• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:41:28 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

If you've got Ninja...

Started by DarkOmega, January 02, 2009, 02:44:00 pm

DarkOmega

January 02, 2009, 02:44:00 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by DarkOmega
Then isn't it also true that you need pirates? Lol. LastingDawn, do you have any room for a Pirate job class? I mean, the current thief (traveler) looks exactly like a pirate. Couldn't you replace the traveler sprite with something else, more...worn? Like a sprite with a cloak or something? I dunno...I've been up a lot, but I thought I'd shout it out to ya. =) It would certainly give an excuse to steal equipment, money, and give something like swordskills to a generic. >.> Viable, or just stupid?
Geomancy is ridiculous. Instantaneous ranged attacks that just stomp all over the hopes and dreams of the villains. I love it.

DarthPaul

January 02, 2009, 02:54:59 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
This is a very interesting idea actually. The argument is well thought out even if you are digging up a ridiculously old meme.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

DarkOmega

January 02, 2009, 02:56:17 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by DarkOmega
Haha, I was totally just at work, doing mindless crap like I do every night, and realized the thief looked like a pirate. >.> I'm lame like that. Anyway, if you guys want, I could draw up some stat suggestions and skill ideas?
Geomancy is ridiculous. Instantaneous ranged attacks that just stomp all over the hopes and dreams of the villains. I love it.

DarthPaul

January 02, 2009, 02:59:34 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Well I always though the thief looked like a pirate I just didn't want to beat that meme any more to death than I already do.

In all honesty just give them the ability to use guns and possibly a slightly altered version of Balthier's Plunder skill and the pirate would be pretty much completed.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

CidIII

January 02, 2009, 05:27:49 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by CidIII
Zozma's Berserker Sprite = Pirate.
I refuse to play Final Fantasy Tactics again until I am able to do my FF6 patch! And, FFT 1.3 doesn't technically count as FFT: so there!

LastingDawn

January 03, 2009, 02:09:35 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Hmm... the problem is, with the status quo. there's no more physical classes left,

Archer, Knight, Gambler, Reliquian, (for the most part), Arbalist, Warder, Monk, Dragoon, Hessian
Invoker, Cantor, Blue Mage, Oracle, Esper Blade, Rune Mage, Traveler, Geomancer, Mediator, Red Mage...

Really the only room left for new classes is over the Mediator or Geomancer, but they would Need to Be PA/MA oriented, or simple MA, oriented if you planned to replace Mediator, since I want to keep a balance of Magical and Physical classes.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!