• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:27:00 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Kurosabes

Don't have much to say against your arguments, I'm still learning after all. I haven't seen Oracles in action, looking forward to that. As for Charm, I just have a personal grudge against it, and my first unit personifies that.

If that's allowed (not sure), throw me some .gme attachments, whichever you want to see face each other, I will record the videos but I won't have a lot of commentary, tips or anything of the sort.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

ShadowDragon15

I wouldn't mind seeing my team go up against WK Wiegraf's. If anyone wants to run that.
Strategy is just magical.

Barren

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

ShadowDragon15

I only run a small chance of charm, so we'll see if WKW gets his desired effect of defending it. I just also see it fitting to put the returner who's relearning with a new combatant also learning.

Reks

I'm gonna add another team or two soon.

Anyone have any ideas, just from a glance, as for what to do with the first unit in Till Death?

As well as SWA in general. Elemental Absorb teams are, in context, simple and straightforward... But I feel they could be better.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

The Damned

(I should really see if I can get Camtasia working again on this new laptop since I still have Internet. Hell, I should see if I can get Internet working on this new laptop given how ancient this desktop is.)

In the meantime, thanks once again to silentkaster, TrueLight and Barren for recording videos as usual. Also thanks for the reminder, silentkaster, though of course by now I had forgotten what I was even going to say next in there. I think I can dredge up most of it before tonight ends, but who knows; that's literally an entirely different discussion though.

My, what "comedy" of errors on both of teams part, especially in that last round where I somehow won despite Polar Knight be literally incapable of damaging anyone on Barren's team with anything besides Bullrush and despite both of our teams playing supremely stupidly. Ugh. I think I'll just retire Half of No Quarter too anyway before it does even worse. I can't remember why I gave Dracula Mantle due to the double Berserk thing. I think it was mostly M-EV related since Power Wrist doesn't give any M-EV. Shrug.

About the only thing that worked out as planned was my intentionally foregoing giving Sceptre Knight Nurse so that he would actually use Life Drain and Spell Absorb. Even he used Blind, which even if it always got immediately canceled is still something that gets so little use that it was at least novel.

I find it a bit ironic that as much damage as CT5Holy's Monk and Scholar were doing that TrueLight's Samurai and especially the Archer easily outdamaged them, which is chiefly what won TrueLight the match ultimately. I mean the Archer was doing 300+ easily to CT5Holy's poor Lancer, so, yeah, bigger numbers prevailed here.

That said, it's a bit "fitting" that literally all three matches were ended by Sleep given that only increases already big physical damage. That causal 417 to end it makes me think that Crossbow users perhaps aren't inherently doomed if they aren't using Hunting Bow.

Weirdly this was perhaps the closest match in general so far despite the fact that Frog basically decided that Reks was going to lose from the get-go. Ugh. The A.I. is so damn stupid about curing Frog and other statuses a lot of the time it's pathetic. Reks likely would have won handily, at least in the last round, if his Paladin had gotten cured of Frog given how long he held out in what essentially a 3v4.

Oh well. At the very least, it was interesting to see two teams that actually try to make use of Death fight, even if for the most part Dead status from Death was a non-issue. Speaking of which, it was also nice to see Counter Magic be useful for once, since I'm relatively certain the first Counter Magic Odin back on the Bard proc'd Dead and instant-killed him. Heh.

Sigh. Of course my (far) better team of the two to fight Barren's team so far fails despite also having the positional advantage on both maps on which we fought. Through a combination of my team being idiots, particularly Lulu, and my usual bad luck (damn Paladin), I lost this somehow despite the fact it should have easily gone onto a third round.

Sigh. Whatever. I guess I'll have to change them around a bit again, especially if Lulu sadly can't be trusted to be competent and Wakka can't hit anything without Concentrate. Also should probably change HP Restore on him anyway since it literally never goes off for me unless it's in situations where I'm going to lose anyway.

Not sure who disliked this video, though. It wasn't me even with how disgusted I was and still am with my team's stupid performance.

And since I've watched Barren's latest two just now, I'll actually remember what happened in them.

...That 904 critical by the Dancer in the first round didn't break the damage record, right? I can't remember right now. The 837 damage though on the record strike after the Dancer got briefly charmed though probably breaks the damage record for strikes from non-critical hits.

As it was, this was closer than I thought it would be, even expecting Berserk to backfire despite all the damage it produces. It was also more protracted than it "needed" despite all the Raises missing, all the Critical hits, and the overall lack of healing on ShadowDragon15's team between all the Reraise status, all the HP Restore (grr...) triggers, all the Charm from ShadowDragon15's team that the A.I. immediately sabotaged half of the time, all the Blindness from Grand Cross and all the Auto-Potion on the really tanky Paladin. Still, congrats on winning your first match back, ShadowDragon15.

If nothing else, then outside of giving ShadowDragon15 a refresher course in ARENA, this match was more fodder for arguing that Two Hands's damage boost perhaps needs a nerf. Shrug.

Oh, a nice Water-absorbing team with a nicely nerdy name. I like. I also liked the A.I. actively using Preach to an increase the potential damage of already Charging spells and the use of Faith Up as a reaction and Coral Sword in general.

Speaking of Faith Up, I can't say that I like Witch Hunt triggering Faith Up in addition to already being effortlessly defeated by Absorb MP. I can't blame FFMaster for that since I'm pretty sure that hasn't changed since vanilla where Faith Up was equally...lax in what it reacted to. Wonder how easy that is to change....

Other than, there's not much to say outside of the fact that it was kind of painful to watch silentkaster's Wizard get revived into an incoming Titan so many times and also painful to see White Knight Wiegraf's Samurai essentially give away the round by assuming that Poison would kill the Wizard.

Oh. A.I. You're so unintelligent at times.

Good games to Barren. Since "third time's a Charm and all that", if anyone wants to record it, I wouldn't mind my "Esper Family Outing" fighting Barren's "Tri Absorb" even if I expect to be less of a fight and more of slaughter for me as per usual.

P.S. Also, yes, Barren, since no one has confirmed it for some reason, you were/are correct in calling the logographs that White Knight Wiegraf used for his team name "kanji" provided that his team name is actually meant to be pronounced in Japanese and not Chinese.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Kurosabes

Ok It was troublesome to get my video recorder going right and I have spent a while searching for solutions, but I was fortunate at the same time since I've fixed another long-standing big issue at the same time. If you watch any of the videos from the vanilla tournament I've recorded last year, you'll probably understand what I mean.

I have had time to record one match, but I can't edit it right now because the output was a .flv and some codec is messing with Movie Maker. ...It's another long-standing issue I've got to look into.

Until I fix that, I can at least say which teams I have recorded.

The match will be silentkaster (Signs of Aging) vs TrueLight (Crossroads)

Elmdork

H..holy crap. So many videos and so much to learn!
Well, I put together some teams and I want to test out the ai behaviour. "No foolin" is an old mime team I put together in 1.38 and you know.. equips and stuff... but I gave em' charm. We could save a lot of time if someone knows if mimes will mimic charmed enemy units.. but even so, the original didn't have it and it was fine.
"Mavericks" has one berserked samurai with element absorb and pa save, and the archers have the bow, but no absorb. I also removed arm aim, which will increase dps, but limits them in a way too.I'll be looking for the ai behaviour quirks, weather those mimes need more damage, or if charm mimic works. Maverics was a bit more complex. There's a formation they make where everyone can attack and support each other quickly and efficiently.

How is everybody?! Man I missed a lot.
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Barren

March 11, 2015, 01:13:23 pm #3908 Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 01:26:44 pm by Barren
If you want your archers to be able to inflict damage despite using elemental weapons armor/shield break are ones that come to mind. Those alone destroy any elemental absorb that any team tries to use.

Only counter to breaks/steals is maintenance which doesn't get used enough IMO. Of course having equip protection means you give up extra dps protection if you are going for tank setups. Its honestly about balancing out your offensive/defensive capabilities and understanding what you are willing to give up in order to obtain.

Do you want HP over Power? Power over HP? and so on. There's always a catch to what you want to do. There is no true or definitive setup that makes you indestructable. But there are optimal setups in order to maximize your teams potential. Its just trail and error
You dare cross blades with me?

Elmdork

In all my teams I try to keep the choices few and distinct. Arm aim was my answer, but it kind of hurt damage potential, especially when it missed. At least with hawk eye, the high speed on the archers makes them able to hit anybody eventually. Oil would counter absorb, but they do an awkward double hawk eye pretty much every game turn 1. After that we should see synchronized knockouts. More worried about the samurai losing battle boots, but I'm testing how the ai behaves with only the samurai absorbing. If the archers prefer to use potions still, gotta boost pa/sp by 1. Those archers got one job, don't need no fancy abilities. Shoot stuff, drink potions.

Do appreciate the insight, tho. I was thinking about what I could do with steal techniques and mime. Something to do with one of my tanky oracles messing around with units and a thief or something permanently crippling them.

Kurosabes

FFT Arena 139c
silentkaster (Signs of Aging) vs TrueLight (Crossroads)
https://youtu.be/s1KzhnzaO54

By the way, how do you give custom names to your links? :oops:

silentkaster

Yeah, that went pretty much as expected. Of course, RNG was really not on my side for either round...Samurai was doing her job as expected with a couple of exceptions. Not sure if I'm going to change some equipment around or what...but will take a look. I can't change this team too much as it's my original team and has been. GG.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

TrueLight

Silentkaster's team was pretty much on the defensive for the majority of both rounds. I really need to get a new team since this one seems to be showing some signs of aging haha. GG Silentkaster.

Quote from: White Knight Wiegraf on March 11, 2015, 05:45:23 pm
By the way, how do you give custom names to your links? :oops:

Click the Insert Hyperlink option (it's below italics). In the first [url], put url=link of your video. Put the title of your video in between both the []

Shintroy

March 12, 2015, 12:25:47 am #3913 Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 07:14:02 pm by Shintroy
Status vs Balanced Team
Betting on Truelight to take it since his team's more well rounded.

Round 1 - Charms being thrown around left and right. If it weren't for the instant esunas from All the Buffs on top of half of Truelight's team being walled it would've been more evenly matched. Unlucky Raise 2s and a lot of wasted turns on silentkaster's side too.

Round 2 - exactly as Truelight says. silentkaster gets put on the defensive from the start of this round. not much to comment on really.  Didn't even get a lot of MA saves due to the lack of hits Truelight took.

GG. Overall this was a badmatch up for a heavy status team. Truelight's team just counters heavy offense/status. Signs of Aging is one of my favorite teams. Usually does well in its matches.

If you like Oracles you should take a look at...
silentkaster's OHKO (faith rod oracle with petrify, sleep, and don't act)
My Bad Breath (entire team based around status. Has an oracle)
Smite (entire team revolves around zombie)

Oh wow besides teams i remember off the top of my head most of the oracle teams i thought were oracle teams were actually mediators
---
Edit There's also my Power Ranger's team I forgot about. Hasn't had a match since I updated it a while ago. Support Oracle role which I wish I saw more of. Time Mage / White Mage is just too good to consider using Oracle / White Mage due to time mage having 9 base speed.

TKO vs Mime Air Absorb
Bet on Barren to take this even though he's up against my favorite mime team so far.

Round 1 - Went as expected. Reinoe's team needs all four units to stand well. Convincing win for Barren. Had complete control for the entire round.

Round 2 - Even though this was a three on four due to one of the squires being too passive, Reinoe takes it very well. Managed to out tank Barren and stop the multiple comebacks. Really surprised this round.

Round 3 - Oracle died early and the Scholar managed to nab a crystal  for MP. Really clutch round.

GG. That's what I get for doubting my fav mime team.

PA/Status Mime Team vs Balanced Mime Team
Silentkaster should takek this due to sort of countering WKW's team. Hoping the Dancer chooses crossbow shots over Houkoutons. Looks like a lot AI problems on WKW's side. We will see though.

Round 1 - Lack of support and damage output on WKW's team. Completely one sided match. Hoping the next match goes better. Maybe more Odin and crossbow shots.

Round 2 - WKWiegraf has the devil's luck. Double Odins and hitting through evasion for one of the fastest rounds of the season.

Round 3 - Smaller map so it can go either way. Mime blocked while casting? Either it's not actualy casting or this is something that needs to be look into(she wasn't).

GG. Wasn't as one sided as it could've been. Still recommending instant/near instant casts for the mime since she's your main support and you don't want her bugging out like she did 3rd round.

Mime
White Magic
Abandon
Magic Defend UP
Move-MP Up

Gold Hairpin
Gold Armor
Genji Gauntlet

Cure, Cure 2, Cure 4, Raise, Esuna, Dia,

1000 on Job Unlocks
1150 on Abilities
850 on spells
3k Total
Immune to DS/Dead Silence and Petrify. Tons of Evasion with Abandon.

Mime
White Magic
MP Restore
Short Charge
Pilgrimage

Gold Hairpin
Gold Armor
Setiemson

Cure, Cure 3, Raise, Esuna, Holy, Dia

750 on Job Unlocks
1100 on Abillities
1100 on Spells
2950 Total

Respectable damage output and healing. Pilgrimage, Strengthen Holy and Dark for Dia, Odin, and Holy. Does not need poison immunity since she has cure. So she'll only waste 1 turn on herself if she ever lands in critical+poison territory.

Mimic Summon vs Tanky Fire Absorb
Shadowdragon's team looks super solid now. Rouroni has tons of AOE potential though so it can go either way.

Round 1 - Oh wow. Didn't know the Mimes had quickening. Interesting team indeed. If it weren't for the mimes having steal heart this would be a near perfect team. The Mimes wouldn't have been nearly as likely to lose their weapons. Rouroni takes it either way though due to Shadowdragon not being able to start any offense.

Round 2 - Quick round for Rouroni. Shadow seems to have way to deal damage outside of balance and grand cross.

GG. I like the team Rouroni. The more mimes the better.

Great team imo. I'd only make slight changes to the samurai and mimes.
Samurai 1 - As Barren said, you can do without Asura. I wouldn't go with Chiri though since that can and will backfire eventually. I've tried it on a couple of teams and it didn't work out. The mimes are both in melee range... here comes a chiri to hit both mimes.. and to top it all off this makes the samurai want to move in closer than they should which you don't want.

Mimes - I think you need to pick one strategy for the mimes. They each rely on charm and spellbreaker to disrupt/damage which is great and all. It's just with this team, and the mime weapon bug it doesn't work. In most scenarios, the mimes will land a charm due to having infinite MP + Quickening then the new charmed units will cause the mimes to lose their Ragnaroks killing more than a quarter of your damage output and shell. Keep Quickening, but either lose Steal Heart, or the Equip Weapon.

Spellbreaker - No Steal Heart, but you're still vulnurable to losing the weapons if the samurai decide to attack or if you fight another mime. I'd recommend getting mind/power ruin on each mime, or maybe Power ruin on one and mind ruin on the other.

Steal Heart - This means no spellbreaker, so you have a free support slot. Maybe Magic Attack Up so you have higher damage/healing from mimics. Not sure what you can do for damage though. Steal Accessory and Ruins are the only things I can think of for offense.

The 4th Samurai is fine. Why not give both Samurai Odin? The other one will have the JP for it since she loses Asura.
Some day my people will be free.

Kurosabes

March 13, 2015, 05:06:21 am #3914 Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 02:32:47 pm by White Knight Wiegraf
Videos below
[/font]

[/font]
*Kakumeiki is the Romaji for my team's name and I think I'll change the team name to this because it's unnecessary find copy & paste.

On the second video, I didn't notice my mic was off until about 12:30 into the recording. So I'll post the stuff I said about teams here. Feel free to skip the formation screen unless you want to see some long visuals of the team equipment and abilities.

All units have Chivalry and low Faith (and swords). An item bot tank, support/offense, more offense/smaller support and pure offense are the units.

A Knight Paladin item bot. A lot of tank stuff includes 420 HP, 40 Brave/Faith, Move-HP UP and high evasion (Escutcheon II, Dracula Mantle). Has Ancient Sword for Petrify procs with Counter for possibly neutralizing physical threats through procs, though only 40% reaction rate which is 8% chance of Petrify through Counter.

A Knight Paladin with Punch Art leaning more towards the offensive but Punch Art also includes the popular Chakra, Stigma Magic and Revive as well. Phoenix Blade for Reraise, Zephyr Shield to cancel out Phoenix Blade's -1 Speed, Black Robe to strengthen the Phoenix Blade. There's a Vanish Mantle to cancel out Unit 3's Northern Cross because the latter uses Coral Blade (water). In a way that may be better than absorbing it, you don't get your allies Darkness procced(sp?) because that is cancelled out as well. PA Save reaction is good as well.

A Squire similar to the second Paladin but heals himself through Northern Cross instead of Chakra. Gets Move MP UP so that he can constantly do that and Concentrate to never miss.
A Dancer. Probably the most dangerous unit on the team with PA-based gear and PA Save. This means low HP but she somewhat counters that with Defense UP and low Faith, and also with Vanish Mantle and Tactician Sword for decent physical evasion. The Tactician Sword  is used for high non-elemental damage and helps to reach the enemy faster for deadly physical attacks. Witch Hunt to deplete some MP early on is good, and Move MP UP to keep the MP bar high for Southern Crosses.

I didn't really analyze my own team as I know its been done several times before, just focused on the changes I had done.
Unyielding was definitely not a good idea, that changed to Overwhelm so he'll do moderate damage now. Equips have been setup in a way I won't really need Finger Guard anymore and retain the mobility for quick Draw Outs. I chose Damage Split instead of Counter Flood to retain some defense aspect. Removed Kikui because it was barely used anyway, replaced with Masamune which I know will be made good use of. Secondary is steal but only has Heretic, I'm not sure if that will be any use, certainly not against this Chivalry team but we'll see in future matches.

Few changes, I was suggested Ultimus Bow but went with Gastraphetes. A little more mobility to make up for less attack range. This leaves her closer and more vulnerable, especially with such low HP gear so Move-HP UP was added. Witch Hunt turned into Wiznaibus, I think it has overall more potential.

Gave Platina Armor for HP as well as MA for stronger mimics. This sacrifices all MP but this is fine, Mimes don't consume MP. Raise 2 was changed to Raise because it's more accurate and faster. Slightly less chance of glitch spells not going through this way.

I rushed this unit's changes a bit since it was pretty late. Took out some elementals and some summons for JP I went with Silk Robe for more HP. Changed Half of MP to Magic Attack UP and Float (I believe) to Move-MP UP. She didn't get much out of Float anyway, with innate Any Ground and Move on Lava, terrain was never an issue. Genji Gauntlets for MA and M-EV, and Aegis Shield to retain Silence immunity. Finger Guard to block nasty otherwise unblockable Talk Skills that could interfere with summons.

Round 1
Wiznaibus which is quite effective on such a large map, especially getting mimicked. This triggers a lot of PA Saves which could have been very dangerous but not letting Chivalry's a Virus go on the offensive prevented that.

Round 2
The Damned's Dancer goes with Witch Hunt this time, which is a much greater threat than the Nurses she spammed in Round 1 and quickly depletes the MP of my Mime. (Despite the Mime not consuming MP after non-micked spells are cast, they still need the required amount of MP in their CurMP to recognize that they can use it, which is ok I suppose.) With no more MP left and no one in the team to restore MP, Mime loses access to White Magic. Then The Damned's Dancer proceeds to obliterate half of my team with Southern Cross. The Mime can't Raise and Samurai has no revivals, with my main offense gone the round goes to The Damned.

Round 3
I think my Geo couldn't do anything to one of the Knights at some point, so she went derp for a while in the water. Good thing for innate Any Ground. Again, Mime's MP got depleted, but my Dancer was also affected this time since she stayed alive for a while longer than round 2.

Overall my team is stronger but still flawed, I definitely need some form of MP healing somewhere. GG The Damned

Elmdork

March 14, 2015, 10:27:12 am #3916 Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 01:18:23 pm by Rouroni Elmdor
Thanks for the feature, Barren! Good to be back.

I honestly did not expect any of the events that occurred to happen, but that's kind of the point. No foolin' won't be entered in any serious tournaments, but they may win funniest game of the year one day. I like the wizard robe on the samurai and I submitted the team knowing equip changes are likely to be made. Asura was intentional, even though the mimes could only do +/- 50 DMG with it, together we're still talking150+ aoe DMG. I tried to go kotetsu and give the mimes absorb, we'll see, may lose all but masamune. I really just wanted to test if mime charm works, and to my surprise it does! Also to my surprise: they use quickening...i mean damn they spam that. It was a "stck it on and see what happens" deal. One may get basic skill and ma+1. Charm must stay, even if I have to go talk skill (edit: aaand talk skill has no charm... but preach..shut up I nub, pity me) for refute or something which brings me to some things I disagree with. Chiri can't happen. Yes, I could get away with a few skills that aren't enemy/ally only, but at what cost? I'm gonna charm mimic god knows what, so I gotta mitigate risk. Also white magic is a "no" or any charge skill. You didn't mention so I don't think you noticed in silentkaster v wkw, wiegraf's mime in round 3 tried a raise, but was hit by a masamune and was stuck in charging. May have missed his turn too. If there's gonna be status removal or sandbag, it must be instant or I can't accept the risk. I was completely unaware of the mime weapon bug issues. If not, quickening could stay and I'd give em' a bow (yes, quickening is likely to go. Actually scared me at one point) but as it stands, equip:any weapon doesn't seem optimal on a mime. Magic atk up for sure, platina armor and maybe setiemson. Everyone will probably see a touch up. Thanks again, barren, for the feature and the analysis. I am all the better for it.

Shintroy, just finished work and my mind's a little mushy, so I can't remember all the advice you gave me, but I recall agreeing with pretty much all of it. I will look it over again and consider it when touching up the team. Going the charm route methinks, kind the whole idea of the team and all. Thanks for the insight.
Edit: actually considering both mimes going basic skill, wish/heal/aclarity? Whatever gives ma+1, always forget the name(coupled with laziness and u get messages like this) think it'll work as often as quickening has been or is it quirky too?

SHADOWDRAGON! we cross blades once more! I wouldn't change your team too much based on what was seen here. Double mime/summoner is a mean thing to do to anyone and I'm a bad person for doing it. My mimes are not susceptible to a lot of things, but damn is don't move nasty on them. I feel silly for overlooking it. Couldn't tell you if that lancer needs to be more offensive or not, I built a weird team and you probably won't see results like that from another. In any case, GG

Editediteditedit: no foolin' is revised, and even after all that gripe, they lost charm XD
I may make a purely "for fun" version with charm, though they are fun enough as is. Mimes are fun.

some very good points. Could have gone many ways with my recent update, and I went the full get rekt damage build. I am willing to accept their status weakness to accomplish their main focus, but an alternate, steadier version its certainly possible. Meh, we'll see. Maybe I'll get petrified turn 1, maybe I'll consume a team in an inferno turn 1. Dunno which it'll be, but I can tell you what's more likely to happen ;)

Also, you have improved much since I last saw you. I look forward to facing you like old times. I still consider you my rival though you may have outgrown me since our last match

silentkaster

March 14, 2015, 12:50:23 pm #3917 Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 12:57:08 pm by silentkaster
The team did what I wanted it to do...I was happy about that. The reason that I don't like evasion too much is because of things like Round 2...it doesn't always work and when your opponent does get the lucky hit in, there's no counter to that. Still though, for the most part it did do its job. GG...like your team WKW and the improvements you made.

Also, mime weapon sharing made my mime even more evasive...he didn't have the main gauche until they weapon shared. So that might have played a small factor.

I really like your team Rouroni. It's always fun to see mimes, but just being pelted with Summon Magic that can't hit your own allies is a great strategy. Very unique too. ShadowDragon15, your team just got hard countered. Elemental absorb teams usually have a big weakness and that is status/disruption. They are confined by their skills and equipment to an extent, so that means they can't choose the statuses they want to protect against and/or cause a ton of status themselves. They get completely boned by things like Sleep, Stop, Steal Accessory, Shield Break, etc. In this case, Dead procs + repeated damage meant that your team was constantly sandbagging, which is just a slow downward spiral. I think as Rouroni said, your team needs a couple more matches before it can show its true potential and see what changes, if any, are necessary.

One thing that I will tell you though, Rouroni, is that you definitely want Berserk protection on those Samurais, because Berserking one of them would pretty much half your offensive power, and if both got berserked, it's over for your team. Sleep and Silence would be pretty nasty too, but the Mimes might wake up the Samurai if they get put to sleep and silence is not directly carried by too many people anymore (although a lot of teams have things that can proc silence but still...) My suggestion would be to put either Item, Talk Skill or Punch Art on one of the Mimes...that would give you status cleansing (in the form of items, Refute or Stigma Magic) and, in the case of the latter two, a way to disrupt the enemy (either with the disruptive talk skills or Secret Fist). Since you have two females, I think one of them with Charm is plenty, especially if you're going to keep quickening on her. I agree that White Magic would be risky at best simply because of the glitches with the mimes.

Edit: Also petrify...yeah even with your changes, Petrify would be REALLY bad for you, as it is essentially the same as an instant crystal (You have no way to cure it...and now you can't even charm someone to potentially cure it for you.)
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

ShadowDragon15

nope. not really going to change my team at all. What I saw with what I was capable of doing, seemed just fine to me. Otherwise, I got derped from constant large AoE and doomed into the abyss. GG Rouroni, I bet you won't take me like that again next time.

seriously though... WTF.