• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:51:53 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

[Old] FFT Plus 1.02 upcoming changes

Started by Dome, June 01, 2012, 12:45:58 pm

skiploom188

Wait! What I meant about excited was that Gaffy and Agrias had Mythril and Gold Shield at the start of Chapter 2. So the Round Shield gets obsolete.

That's what I wanted to say. Stupid July 24 self.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542

Dome

Quote from: skiploom188 on July 25, 2012, 06:34:48 am
Wait! What I meant about excited was that Gaffy and Agrias had Mythril and Gold Shield at the start of Chapter 2. So the Round Shield gets obsolete.

That's what I wanted to say. Stupid July 24 self.

I can easily change Gaf & Agrias' equipment, do not worry
Also, Guests do not appear in the formation screen, so you can't strip them naked :-)

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

skiploom188

Oh, good. Guests not in formation, forgot that feature.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542

Dome

Quote from: skiploom188 on July 25, 2012, 06:59:21 am
Oh, good. Guests not in formation, forgot that feature.

Yeah
Makes more sense IMHO: They are not official party members, they just travel with you for one reason or another...

Neophyte Ronin

The next thing we should see is a list of Classes and what their Abilities are.  I'm reviewing the Excel lists you forwarded right now.  I'll have an answer in a few days.  Gotta study for an upcoming final exam....

Dome

Quote from: Neophyte Ronin on July 25, 2012, 12:15:36 pm
The next thing we should see is a list of Classes and what their Abilities are.  I'm reviewing the Excel lists you forwarded right now.  I'll have an answer in a few days.  Gotta study for an upcoming final exam....

Real life > FFH
Do not worry, we still have much time left (Without Vanilla Plus the actual work on 1.02 won't start)

Dome

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on July 25, 2012, 01:28:00 pm
You don't need Vanilla Plus for 1.02.

I already said many times I want to use vanilla plus to make 1.02
If I have to re-do the patch from scratch, I want to use the best possible starting point

RavenOfRazgriz

You derped and posted the majority of your Eventing-related planning in New Projects for an interest-check and got caught.  You don't need Vanilla Plus for any of that.  There's nothing that will be in Vanilla Plus that you'll need for those kinds of changes which doesn't already exist in either the Status/Item Consolidating Patch or in EasyVent.

Dome

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on July 25, 2012, 01:34:47 pm
You derped and posted the majority of your Eventing-related planning in New Projects for an interest-check and got caught.  You don't need Vanilla Plus for any of that.  There's nothing that will be in Vanilla Plus that you'll need for those kinds of changes which doesn't already exist in either the Status/Item Consolidating Patch or in EasyVent.

1)
Quote from: RavenAs most of you may or may not know, I've been working on a patch that reorganizes the entirety of FFT into chronological order with better organization of Sidequests/etc, which should make the game far easier to mod in terms of Event Editing, compared to the slapdash organization method the game is in naturally

+ it contains the consolidation patch
Why wouldn't I want it?
I mean, it's not that I'm rushing you or anyone else to complete it. I just stated that I will use that to work on 1.02 once it's finished

2) I scrapped the idea of "Filling the gap". Too much stuff to consider and too easy to screw up something story-wise.
1.02 will have 1 or 2 custom events, but they will take place AFTER you defeat the DD (So, not storyline related at all)

RavenOfRazgriz

So... you don't need Vanilla Plus at all.

If you're not doing events, you don't need Vanilla Plus.  It has nothing to do with pressuring, you just... don't need it.  The entire project itself is almost 100% frivolous and will only really be useful for newbies who begin trying to edit Events after its been completed.  You can wait for it if you really want to, but it's a dumb idea that'll be wasting the time of everyone who'll want to play 1.02 because it doesn't do you any good including it.

Dome

Using Vanilla plus or not won't change the fact that 1.02 won't come out anytime soon, sadly
I need the help of many people to release it, and at the moment they are busy working on other things
Conceptual work, on the other hand, is something that can be done without the help of a specific person...and that's why I created this topic

Dome

formerdeathcorps

Dome, please stop over-correcting.  The result is something that makes no sense.

1) Non-weapon gear is essentially worthless outside of HP and SPD bonuses.
2) If you have +1 SPD and +1 PA or MA, even the reduced amount of gained HP does not compensate, the +SPD gear is automatically better.  If you want the +PA/MA gear to be balanced with +1 SPD, you need +2 PA or MA.
3) Please do not copy vanilla's approach to accessories.  The result is the majority of them being useless.  What you have is even worse than vanilla because literally nothing other than shoes (+1 Move/Jump or +1 Speed), perfumes (other than Cherche), 108 Gems, and select rings.  At least vanilla gave me decent mantles and +PA or MA options.
4) For a patch so dedicated to elemental attacks, why are you mostly neglecting this factor in your armors?
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Dome

Lol, this is something I drew together in 10 minutes, spare me XD

@Accessories:
Germinas Boots/Sprint Shoes/Red Shoes/Magic Ring/Angel Ring/108 Gems/Elf Mantle/Dracula Mantle/Feather Mantle/Chantage/Setiemson
Those are (IMHO) the best, non rare accessories.
Any suggestion for the "suckiest" ones? Maybe merge them together?

@Armors:
Which Armor/Cloth should gain an element affinity in your opinion?

@About +PA/MA
I fear that giving the player +2 (Or even +3) PA/MA options would lead to excessive PA/MA stacking and turn the middle/endgame into a 1HKO festival, something I want to avoid

Stretch

Why leave 108 gems the only magic boosting accessory? Give the other accessories some elemental boosts, so you can pick and choose what elements to boost balanced with what status protection you need. Make the item that provides boosts to every element harder to obtain.

Elemental defense could be built into the armor. Equips from chapter 3 onward could have an elemental resistance, and the best stuff could even block an element. Better equips could defend against multiple elements.
Yeah, right

RavenOfRazgriz

There's no real issue with +2 PA/MA.  If the end-HP values of units are too low, there's plenty of room for you to adjust  armors to give more HP, and Growths are flat so there's no min-maxing in that regard.  You have full control of the final WP of weapons (which can be kept reasonably low), etc.  It's also a bit counter-intuitive to say you're worried about stacks then let 108 Gems exist when you're trying to ELEMENT ALL DA THINGS.  108 Gems gives something in the range of 3-5 PA/MA+ alone and with how vital you seem to want to make Elements simply becomes a staple accessory.  As it stands, basically all the remaining PA/MA boosting gear is downright unusable and most of the replacements to the ones you removed are also unusable.  For insisting you wanted a variety of weapons viable at end-game, you've narrowed the already slim list of Armors/etc that are end-game viable quite a bit to reduce damage stacks that are already controlled by properly monitoring ability Y values and WP values.

Unrelated, Battlemage Armor is better than every Robe other than in the very rare times you can't use 108 Gems to boost your offense and choose to use Black Robe instead.  An item like Battlemage Armor simply doesn't need to exist - every Armor user is also a Robe user unless you did some really derpy change, so all it serves to do is be redundant.  Salty Rage is also worthless outside of really niche situations.  Basically, a lot of stuff got over-nerfed into not really being all that useful anymore, and that really didn't make any of the already bad stuff more useful, it just made equipment more irrelevant and me even more wanting to go for MAX SPEEEEEEEEED than I already was - something that was already the superior strategy to max damage in the hands of the player.

Stretch

Make the power to strengthen all elements unique to a sword like the Nagrarock, 1 WP, all elemental strike, all elemental boost. The other elemental boosting items are scattered throughout the equipments; make them common but weak equipment, or hard to get items. So all through the game, you can balance equipping things for an elemental attack boost, or for more HP or whatever.
Yeah, right

Dome