• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:40:06 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Help with WOTL sprites please!

Started by RavenCurow, September 24, 2014, 10:52:53 am

RavenCurow

Hello everyone. I'm new around here. I found this wonderful website with all its gadgets and gizmos and became a kid in a candy store playing around with my FFT. Anyways, after messing around with FFTPatcher and FFTactext I saw a post about editing sprites and immediately thought Cool! I wanna do that!. So, I decided to add Cloud's nemesis to the game as the FF fanboy that I am would not tolerate not trying to use Sephiroth.

Now I found this nifty little tutorial here: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=6727.0
and got to work on my sprite patch.

I decided to make him a special character, but I didn't want to replace any of the existing ones so I decided to overwrite Simon as he only appears twice in the game. Once in the beginning and once at the library in the end.

I followed all of the steps in the tutorial and then used lioneditor to change a male party member's sprite to Simon/Sephiroth. I loaded my game up and found Sephy in my party screen looking sweet. Yay!

I thought it worked and I was done. Wrong! I went into a battle and tried to use him. In the formation screen his sprite had a white box around him and I figured I had cropped badly and that was it. I could live with that as long as it worked well everywhere else. When the battle started I found that Simon was more resilient than I thought and had reclaimed his sprite. Can anyone tell me what happened and how to fix it? Pretty please?
  • Modding version: PSX
Ramza: Delita, your hurt?
Delita: No, really? Did you think I was taking a nap down here?

3lric

You should really look around the forum first, i mean the tutorial you actually NEED is freakin stickied in the WotL section
AND I answered this very question for someone else an hour ago in this very section.

RavenCurow

September 24, 2014, 11:42:12 am #2 Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 01:16:16 pm by RavenCurow
Ah, thanks for the directions.

Edit: Okay, so I went to the WOTL forum and followed the directions perfectly. Now the formation screen and pre-battle screen are perfect, but still no replaced sprite in battle. How do I accomplish this?

Edit: Okay I saw your post on the battle sprite thing, but I patched with shishi and it does nothing. Is there are version of shishi that plays well with WOTL? I used an old version (.352) to get around the data limit.

Edit: Fixed my own issue. lol I used the most up to date version of shishi. I got around the data limit by loading the spr in the old version, exporting as a bmp, and loading the bmp into the new shishi. Worked like a charm.
Ramza: Delita, your hurt?
Delita: No, really? Did you think I was taking a nap down here?