• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:50:44 pm

Worker 8 question

Started by theultrawolf, August 16, 2014, 11:14:54 pm

theultrawolf

Hello all, I have a question about something that's stopped me in my tracks.

While doing a bugtest playthrough for the patch I've been working on, upon getting to Goug for the cutscene involving the Steel ball sidequest, the game freezes on a now loading screen. Upon further investigation, I found that any battle or cutscene containing the "Steel Giant" job left the game hanging, as when I changed the job in the cutscene, the scenes/battles worked correctly. The job did however display correctly in the Formation screen. I changed the sprite in Shishi to the Iron Giant sprite made on here, to no avail; the game still froze upon the data for that job loading. What's funny about it is the graphic data and job data for the job was never changed, so I have no idea why the job freezes upon loading. No other job in the game has his problem. I have applied ASM hacks to he iso; however I don't see why or how it would affect that particular job. Also, is there a way to assign a unit the Serpentarius zodiac sign in ENTD apart from the hard-coded job 92, or does it have to be hex edited? Unknown/unknown only causes the same as random/random for me in any version of FFTPatcher.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Choto

Sorry, just saw this. Which ASM hacks did you apply? You can always try it with none, then try singling  them out to narrow down which ASM is the issue.

theultrawolf

Sorry about taking so long to get back to this.
So I guess it has nothing to do with the ASM's, as I applied the patches to a another ISO without the ASM hacks and no dice. The ISO itself also is fine, and all data is accessible. I have no idea what could be causing the issue.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL