• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:05:54 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Modified Portraits

Started by Valkirst, May 22, 2014, 01:00:34 am

Valkirst

May 22, 2014, 01:00:34 am Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 01:30:14 am by Valkirst
Here are some modified and frankenports I worked on. I wanted to create variation in the skin tones and races. I also wanted better Ninja Portraits and a Terra one, I played with Celes only a bit . Finally I edited the Rydia because I didn't like the shape of her head, it looked like she was wearing a wig before. 

UPDATE: Added Fran
  • Modding version: PSX
Completed Sprites
  • Discord username: Valkirst

Kagebunji

Heh, not bad for a first try. If I were to pick, Rydia definitly came out the best. Thing you cannot do is the eye modification on the first two portraits. They are way too small, and don't look good. I know what you were aiming for there, but in FFT it just doesn't work :/

Same goes for the Female Berserk. Weird eyes are also present on the Ninja and recolored Succubus. All in all though, these are great for your first try :)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Angel

Rydia looks freaking awesome. Like, seriously. Only gripe I have is the flower in her hair, which is too bright (though I know modifying it would ruin those KILLER blue eyes *swoon* so I can't really complain that much).

I kinda dig the ninja in a way. Looks really yakuza thug. I can totally hear his voice in my head just looking at that portrait.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Valkirst

May 22, 2014, 03:03:17 pm #3 Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 04:01:06 pm by Valkirst
Haha, thanks! Yeah I worked on the eyes a bit more, I knew that is where i was severely lacking, so I am trying improve that. I would like to give the drones some kind of personality, which is why I did the Ninja's that way, and tried to do the Animists' (Who I use as Orator's) Rydia is my pride here, and I really want to make a better Terra. I will update when I feel like some progress has been made.
Completed Sprites

Valkirst

May 22, 2014, 10:30:20 pm #4 Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 01:31:30 am by Valkirst
Anyway, just updated them a bit. I personally like they way they look in game, I did make the eyes a pixel larger on the ones that were small.  I also added Fran to the mix.
Completed Sprites

jimmyjw88

There's a complete Fran portrait by Twinees

In my opinion, I still prefer Kage's Rydia. Yours need some cleaning and refining to do. Keep it up though.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Valkirst

May 28, 2014, 12:17:45 pm #6 Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 12:23:34 pm by Valkirst
Oh, I really like that one. Thanks, I think it does fit FFT a lot better. However Fran does have a darker Helmet and is perforated and while I know mine is far from perfect I am gonna work on it taking this new one into consideration.
Completed Sprites

Kagebunji

The Rydia sprite and portrait are old though, I did a rework quite some time ago. Here is the portrait and sprite:
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Valkirst

Completed Sprites

MasterGrand

Wow very nice KB, please give me your hand skills !!
Let's be together !!