• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Twinees' Sprites

Started by Twinees, September 19, 2009, 09:59:13 am

Cheetah

Her portrait makes her appear very young, but otherwise it is amazing. The sprite itself is looking very nice. The animation of the hair is making the top of her head look rather stiff, but I'm not sure there is much to be done about that.
Current Projects:

GeneralStrife

awesomeness OVERLOABBZZZzZZZZZZZT**

jimmyjw88

September 07, 2011, 06:37:22 pm #802 Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 06:40:31 pm by jimmyjw88
An amazing looking portrait man, Twins. You truly mastered FFT style better than anyone else. I'm so envy that my portrait skill isn't any close yet.
Though, I agreed what Cheetah said. She does look younger though.
As for the sprite, her right foot seems twisted a little on the first walking frame (when it's nearest/pointing to us). Other than that, great looking sprite.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Zozma

September 08, 2011, 05:33:47 pm #803 Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 05:35:59 pm by Zozma
wow! FINALLY a real aeris sprite. I do agree she looks a little young there, she is actually older than cloud and tifa. but its beautiful and its about time. I think aeris got TOO much attention from the beginning when there was noone skilled enough around to do a good version. this is something ive been waiting for.

and the best part, just like the Tifa its original FF7 style not AC <3 loves it
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

GeneralStrife

zozma! get back into spriting! lmao!

Zozma

September 09, 2011, 08:21:44 pm #805 Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 08:25:20 pm by Zozma
lol well Frimelda was the last thing i worked on and that was ONLY because she had a really well made portrait already.
all the same, this newer generation of spriters is far better than I.

besides, i just do what i feel like doing, if i did one, it would be Ozma since thats my favorite TO character which is the game ive been playing lately lol..

GeneralStrife

Man ,no way. You were the damn pioneer of this place. All the best early sprites were yours. It's like if richard petty climbed back in a car, everyone would cheer, same with you spriting.

Twinees

Hey Jimmy! Welcome back, its good to see that you are active again. I will change the angle of the foot you are talking about, that should fix it. Hopefully changing the eyes and eyebrows will fix the young look of Aerith. And thanks for the compliments, i appreciate it.

@Cheetah, I can fix the stiffness of the top of her head by making her bangs not move, but that in turn will make it look some other things look weird :/.

@Zozma, I'm glad you like it. If i get time/can be bothered to make an Ozma portrait, you can make the sprite :P. And I agree with GS, you were the person who started FFT spriting.

@GeneralStrife,
  • Modding version: PSX

Kagebunji

Zozma, I know a patch where Ozma would fit very well, in fact, Eternal asked me to do an Ozma sprite for Harbinger job, heh. If you ever do this sprite, it will get used for sure.

Zozma

ok, well if i have a badass portrait based on her new look, then i dont mind working on that lol

GeneralStrife

Twin in your opinion (cause you are a badass spriter) how hard would yuffie be? The archer armguard is a start for hers I think.

Twinees

Well, it really depends how much detail and likeness you want to add to the sprite to make it look more like Yuffie. Yuffie's shorts look really similar to the female thief's so thats an easy c/p, male mime's shoes look really similar too (slight modification needed perhaps)and male mime's top looks woollen too (just need to add shadows to show boobs)(or you could use another sprite that has a similar top, i cant think of anything atm [perhaps female archer?]). The only difficult thing would be her left arm with the armguard thing, and imo, the sprite would look better without her armguard (one character that I prefer the AC look because it doesnt have the armguard).

Another thing you could do is make the entire sprite without the armguard, and then after make a copy of it with the armguard, that means people could choose which one they preferred, but more work invovled :/.

If you are thinking about making Yuffie, go for it. She will be the next character I make after Aerith but if you started on the sprite, I would be glad to touch it up/finish it if you wanted help or didnt want to continue it. Either way good luck.

GeneralStrife

I'm not sure I'd make anything good enough to rival yours. And I agree that the AC version is easier...but the original 7 version of her is just badass

Mando

Could just use the sheet I finished~

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

jimmyjw88

The japanese Yuffie need some tweaks. She looks too much like Female Thief and the shading isn't any good either.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Twinees

Sorry for no updates recently guys, I got struck down with the flu so the headaches and dizziness have made it virtually impossible to concentrate whilst on the computer. Anyway, I finally have two weeks off to relax so once I get better I should be able to get the sprite done quickly.
Aerith: Done the side and front views, and finally happy with the back diagonal view of her hair so i just gotta work on the body.

jimmyjw88

Take care Twins. Weather is getting worse day by day.

Mando

September 30, 2011, 06:25:33 am #817 Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 06:30:39 am by Mando
Quote from: jimmyjw88 on September 29, 2011, 11:10:41 am
The japanese Yuffie need some tweaks. She looks too much like Female Thief and the shading isn't any good either.

Well I would hope so because minus the armguard japanese yuffie pretty much does look like a thief. Plus she does steal. I also would imagine that it would be easier to tweak if the colors and such are all there already instead of building from the ground up, taking longer.

Unless he wants to go for one of other versions like DoC of AC, which I think he was aiming for classic looks, but hey it is his time/sprite.

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

jimmyjw88

Well, the Yuffie definitely needs to rework.

Twinees

Ok guys, after a few people asking to post some of my stuff, here it is. Although you haven't seen what I've been doing in the background, I have been making portraits and sprites. My first priority was to finish of the Berserker sprites for PW which are now done! From what I believe, you can see and use the sprites in the next version of PW so be sure to check that out. Here's a preview of what they look like.

I've also done some other things here and there, the Zelda and Succubus Portrait are some. I've also done a portrait of Lavitz from Legend of Dragoon and improved the Albert portrait I made a while back.

I also made a version of the Tonberry which I most likely won't get around to doing, but it was still fun to make.

At the moment, I'm not quite sure what I'm going to work on next. I've still got the Aerith sprite sitting on my computer waiting to be done, so perhaps that, otherwise I will probably just make some more LoD portraits for the fun of it. So hopefully you guys will see some more of my stuff soon, I'll get people to hassle me about posting some more stuff if not :P.

-Twin.