• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 06:32:09 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

zxpr0jk

I love the addition of a co-caster. I've wanted to do that myself, so if anyone wants to do that, hit me up.

I'm still reading over the 131 changes, so I may put up a couple vids a week from now. I've already seen two teams with twohanded poles. Have I started something? Haha. Whale Whiskered Scholars using 108's and two hands? 400 damage pokes(and a monstrous bio). :D

Squidgy

Quote from: The Damned
Nameless Song is probably flagged as Random under the AI Behavior, meaning the AI will almost never use it.

Nah, I checked. No Random flag. It's just a skill the AI never uses :(... oh well, more JP for my bard.

FFMaster

Yeah, many bugs. Expect 132 within a few hours.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Squidgy

August 29, 2011, 05:02:01 am #743 Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 06:25:30 am by Squidgy
But nothing about Nameless Song in the notes? Just revert the flag to normal, 'cause 1.3's AI tournament had it working. EDIT: Normal = Random.

Pride

Quote from: CT5Holy on August 29, 2011, 01:14:48 am
1. D: no Dia proc on Berserk TM.
2. How did the Thief dodge the Scorpion Tail hit? Flails are WP*WP -> 100% accuracy, right?

I'm almost certain ffmaster is using a new created asm that takes away that property from wp*wp formulas (it merges WP * WP into formula 1 so it also removes the zodiac glitches from guns)
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

FFMaster

It was a side effect of using fdc's formula hack and doing things too quickly like I usually do. What I did was change Guns/Flails to use Formula 1 by accident. 132 has reverted the changes though.

The Damned

(Okay, so the teams I just updated yesterday have been updated again. I suppose it's a good thing I waited on those other five teams.)

So, even though it seems a bit sudden for another all new patch already instead of like 131B or something, I have to say that I'm liking all those changes--to be frank, PA-Bracelets with high multipliers that couldn't be dodged despite firing half of the time were a horrible idea--except Squire losing Shields and Equip Shield to Geomancer of all things. Shields aren't really what made Squires so powerful (before) and Equip Shield going to a class that already has excellent RSMs seems a bit...odd/silly. I could have understood one or the other, but not both.

Oh well. It just means Ghost Rider lost a Shield and Firebrand had enough JP to get Lava Ball.

Quote from: CT5Holy on August 29, 2011, 01:14:48 am2. How did the Thief dodge the Scorpion Tail hit? Flails are WP*WP -> 100% accuracy, right?

*is really tempted to make a Smooth Criminal joke considering everything else that Thief dodged*
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Barren

You dare cross blades with me?

FFMaster

Status looks like the new strategy for this metagame from these initial battles. Gotta prepare for it.

RavenOfRazgriz

August 31, 2011, 08:46:03 pm #750 Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 09:51:22 pm by RavenOfRazgriz
Wow, Auto Potion doesn't even seem to do anything at all and my Chemists were still beefy as hell.  I wish I had 250 more JP on them, so I could make them even beefier, but even that was a good showing.  A physical team would possibly have more luck against me, but even then, racking up the status and the Polka Polka means I'll win unless they can get 4 quick Chemist kills.

I feel kind of bad for that matchup, honestly, since part of my design was to hose basically every Element Team simultaneously along with Ninjitsu.  I'm interested to see how a physical-oriented team will do against Y U SO DERP, since I have far less defense against non-elemental, non-Faith skills.  Nameless Dance and Polka Polka ensure the long game is in my favor, but it's getting there that's the issue.

GGs, though, Mr. Hooves.

EDIT: Just updated my team some based on this match and some obvious derp things I did that needed fixing.  Auto Potion IS confirmed to be bugged and not trigger ever for some reason, though, as you can tell by looking at the Human Stats/Ability Discussions thread.  FFMaster's working on fixing it, though.  Until then, hello Counter Flood and free DPS/Statuses.

Pierce

It should be noted that Auto Potion has yet to trigger in any matches. Not sure if this is a fixable bug, but perhaps something should be said about that in the Master Guide.
Ignorance itself is a crime! - Miluda

The Damned

(Thanks for the videos as ever, Barren. Slight note: You put an "o" on the end of Ando's name instead of another "u". It's "Bieffueffu" as in "BFF".)

Ugh. All updated all my teams except for the long-retired ones, but I figure I'll try to that later. I want at least one team using Iron Boot, though maybe I'll switch out Alia for Layer or something.

Oh, and as long as we're talking about item being wonky, RavenofRazgriz apparently noted last night that Echo Grass isn't on the spreadsheet or something. So if anyone who's doing videos could check for that, that would be "nifty" and such.

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

FFMaster

Yeah, it doesn't appear in game either. This somehow fell through the radar like 10 times =/

Skip Sandwich

the new rods deal some quite respectable damage, but my team lacked the mobility and resilience to take advantage of it against barren's heavy hitters. Hopefully my Skip Skirmishers team will fare a little better
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

FFMaster

Skip Sandwich

A winner is me! Though I was surprised I managed to turn the second match around, with FFMaster throwing around so many high% charms
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

The Damned

(So, all my teams are updated to 132 standards. Now the only "left" to do around here is do the map thing. I'll "try" to finally get around to that tomorrow, though all know how "trying" works out [or doesn't].)

Thanks as ever, Barren. I'm still trying to clean up this computer, so we'll see if I can ever record...anything.

Quote from: FFMaster on September 02, 2011, 02:24:43 am
Yeah, it doesn't appear in game either. This somehow fell through the radar like 10 times =/

I can't say I'm really surprised. It's not like anyone ever had incentive to use Silence before this, so I can't remember anyone ever bothering to buy Echo Grass (or, at least, to see it get used).

Quote from: FFMaster on September 03, 2011, 11:39:27 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVwQcDDWgD8

Ugh. I'm surprised someone didn't use some variation on that thing a while ago.

Anyway, Lore spamming and Iron Boots seems rather...counter to all that Charm.

Quote from: Barren on September 05, 2011, 05:07:06 pm
DomieV (Song and Dance and Punch) vs CT5Holy (Two Sword Proc Funsies)

CT5Holy (Rage on a Stick) vs The Damned (Someday, A Wave)

Barren (Phantasy Star) vs Dol (Heartbreakers)

Nice to see the computer actually do intelligent things for once in all these videos such as Golgaros Chakra himself almost solely to recover MP and that Mime's and Bard's positioning for Protect. Of course, it's like it tries to rectify that by immediately doing something questionable right after or before, like moving in front of said Mime to try a simple strike that would miss and getting hit (even if only for 1 HP) instead of just using Repeating Fist again. Sigh. The AI....

Also, Water-Absorb really needs something if that's the best options it has, Miluda's stupidity with Dia aside. I might just "steal" Dol's Heartbreakers team design since I was going to do a Charm-based team anyway.