• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:53:05 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

The Black Crystal of Death

Started by Will, October 08, 2015, 09:56:41 pm

Will

I recently hacked the battle against cuchulain in chapter 2, and added 4 new colored knights to the battle, who are each wearing the cursed ring. After killing them, if they turn into crystals, they turn into black ones. I'm guessing because they don't have any affliation to any of the alliances, they turn black. If you get one of them, your game will keep running after you choose to recover hp, or take the units skills, but won't proceed to the next unit's turn lol I guess since it's a new color and not any of the original 5, it's a glitch that will stick around, so if you guys add any enemies or allies with a new color for any job, you might want to make them immortal in case your enemies try to grab one of the crystals, so your game doesn't freeze in the middle of a battle. just a heads up :p

Xifanie

That's a well known bug that was first observed in FFT: Arena. It's why palette #5 (from 0 to 7) was banned. There is no known way around this bug, and no one understands why it's happening. The others are fine, even if the treasure/crystal/frog/chicken graphics will have a glitchy palette.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Will

Ah I see. It's a shame, because I liked the idea of having him fight with black and purple undead knights. Guess I'll just use the regular church colored knights in that battle then. Thanks :)