• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:31:50 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

EsperBlades Job Thread (SpellBlade Skillset Update!)

Started by LastingDawn, November 24, 2008, 01:06:55 am

LastingDawn

November 24, 2008, 01:06:55 am Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 11:40:57 pm by LastingDawn
EsperBlades, Spirit Whisperers[/size]

August 22nd, 2010

Summons are very... well very dull, in the normal game they are the uncontested best skillset with Short Charge. Now I'd like to change that, their formula has been altered, to coincide with their names, they, along with the Geomancers use well... the Geomancy formula.

The Esperblade's purpose is to be a mage-fighter, the Red Mage will still have a lot of use though. Since... he'll be a bit more versatile, the Esperblade's strength is his relatively decent HP, but his weakness is his lack of versatility, to even use his skillset, he'll have to use his swords power, which is very low.

In addition now is the ability to use 4 Summons each with each separate blade. Each blade is given a new purpose and role. It allows the EsperBlade to play many roles as the case is. Though as before, break the sword, break their power.

The Spriteworks of the EsperBlades

QuoteEsperblade - Subjected to a paradigm shift.  The esperblades will only be able to summon Espers tied to their equipped weapon, thanks to ARH. There are 4 subgroups with 4 espers each, to the tune of:  Healing, Support, Elemental, and Non-elemental.  Highly specialized but highly effective.  All spells are Faith-based, and all spells in the elemental and non-elemental brances have a 100% chance to hit.  Also forgive me for imprinting summon functions from my own patch :3.

Healing
Moogle - Range 4. AoE 2 - Wide-area healing
Fairy - Range 4, AoE 0 - Revives target with 50% health (Raise, basically)
Leviathan - Range 3, AoE 2 - Regen infliction
Silf - Range 3, AoE 1 - Drains 15% HP from targets.  (does AoE drain work, at all?  Would be nice to siphon life from a large area, while keeping things balanced for boss fights coupled with the drain cap ASM)

Elemental - Ifrit, Shiva, and Ramuh do the same damage with the same MP cost.  Titan is stronger (same MP?) due to range issues.
Ifrit - Range 4, AoE 2, affects both enemies and allies.  Fire elemental.
Shiva - Range 6, linear.  Enemies only.  Ice ele
Ramuh - Range 4, 3-way attack.  Enemies only. Lit ele
Titan - Range 0, AoE 2.  Enemies only.  Earth ele.  

Support
Golem - Range 3, AoE 1 - Esuna-like effect, high success rate.
Salamander - Range 4, AoE 1 - CFa/100 * TFa/100 * (MA + 170) chance to inflict Berserk.  Enemy only.
Lich - Range 4, AoE 1 - CFa/100 * TFa/100 * (MA + 180) - Removes all positive status from the enemy.
Carbunkle - ?Confuddle? - Range 4, AoE - 1 - CFa/100 * TFa/100 * (MA + 130) - inflicts Charm, Confuse, OR sleep.  Enemy only.

Non-elemental
Bahamut - Range 4, AoE 2.  Affects both enemies and allies.  Higher damage and MP cost than ifrit.
Odin - Range 6 Linear - CFa/100 * TFa/100 * (MA + 140) to inflict either Dead or Death Sentence
Zodiac - Range 4, AoE 0 - heavy damage, no AoE.
Cyclops - Range 4, AoE 3 - Med-Light damage, wide area.

THE 5 SPELL BLADES

Will need redone. With the shift in focus here, it is necessary that we rename and repurpose the Actual Blades, which allow the use of these summons.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

philsov

November 24, 2008, 02:07:17 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Is it:

- Summoner knows a variety of summons from the skillset.
- Spell blades only enable the casting of its respective summoning.

Or:

- Summoner's Spell Blade is like a dragon rod on crack.
- Skillset is ???
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

dwib

November 24, 2008, 02:38:35 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dwib
n33ds moar explenation!!

are they still going to have the same size AoE although it comes from an attack? is bahamut going to dragoons or EsperBlades? Geomancy formulas for damage or saying that Grass = Ramuh, Rocks = Ifrit, etc? Moogle/Fairy/Silf?

confused :(

Dormin Jake

November 24, 2008, 02:48:48 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dormin Jake
Regardless: awesome idea.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
We are Dormin. Thou art to bring us a tasty beverage.
  • Discord username: dorminjake

Archael

November 24, 2008, 07:05:02 am #4 Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 10:19:39 am by Archael
More details:

- Summoner knows a variety of summons from the skillset.
- Spell blades ALLOW summoning... some of them will prolly have different effects.
- Skillset will have one ??? skill like all other generic skillsets in the mod (Band of abilities I am assuming)
- Esperblade's Spellblade is required to use the skillset, in or out of the job. Bring Equip Spellblade if out.

also LD:

very amazing job with the weapon edit... if you can send me the models as pictures, I can try my hand editing some in photoshop

Archael

November 24, 2008, 07:35:06 am #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Also, they can keep whatever AOE LD wants them to get.. even if it's the original Area Effect 2.

Why? Damage formula can be adjusted, and it will probably be evadeable / blockable with Magic Evasion. (Just taking a wild guess here)

I don't think there will be very many (if at all) 100% skills in mercenaries

Finally a job with a good reason to use male over female... (if he does end up using Geo formula)

LastingDawn

November 24, 2008, 10:42:06 am #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Thank you for your help, Voldemort, I must admit,  I was Very tired yesterday, when I wrote this, therefore I was far from clear...

Though Voldemort has it right, the Spell Blade weapon type, is the only thing that allows Summoning, to if you wish to use this outside of it's set, you would need Equip SpellBlade. The Geomancy's formula, is just that, the Damage Formula,  [PA + Y] /2 * MA, to make it, along with Geomancer another PA-MA class, this balances the quota, with 7 PA, 7 MA, and 2 hybrid.

Now, we need ideas for the Summons themselves, obviously I don't want them to keep their same exact effect as they arein 1.0 obviously enough. Hopefully this made things a little clearer.

Art of War

Gamesoul Master

November 24, 2008, 11:23:08 am #7 Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 11:24:32 am by Gamesoul Master
Seems like an awesome idea. I have a question or two about it (I've been wondering about the concept of this for a while now...).

How exactly is this SpellBlade requirement being implemented? Did you change swords into the Knight Sword class and make the regular sword class a SpellBlade class instead? Or did you somehow get to the code that comes after the checks for a Materia Blade requirement and change it to check for something more generic instead?

I apologize if my questions don't quite belong here (or are in poor taste), but I've been wanting to make abilities that require a certain weapon class to be equipped without giving up my swords (or making them "knight swords"), and was hoping that at some point, someone would find the code for these checks and figure out how to modify it to run different checks instead.

Archael

November 24, 2008, 11:23:45 am #8 Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 11:37:05 am by Archael
edited

LastingDawn

November 24, 2008, 11:29:33 am #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
I think Salamander and Ifrit can both stay, They're both Fire elemental yes, but one is an upsurging fire, while the one is basically an explosion, if possible, I would still love to try my hand at the four hidden Summons, heh...

Also Gamesoul Master...

This idea has been of... a slight cost, all normal swords have been classified as Ninja Sword, (With Ninja's gone this doesn't make a large difference...) But that's really it, then using the basic "requires sword" ability for it all, since you never have a Holy Knight on your side to fully optimize, and only Gafgarion on the side of the Dark Knight, which is just Dark and Night Sword, which don't neccessarily need a Sword to look right.

Art of War

Archael

November 24, 2008, 11:36:54 am #10 Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 05:12:48 pm by Archael
I am thinking that alot of the Summon effects look strictly like AOE magic... so... I can't think of any of them that would be higher damage, single target spells.

Except for Zodiac - that little guy's beam looks pretty focused... except it's the size of the entire map!

But low-end AOE spell damage is also a very good thing for them to do if need be. For example:

1) Ifrit: 2 AOE, ???

2) Fairy: Single Target, MA + 40% Raise with 10% HP.

2.5) Alternative Fairy: 2 AOE, Only works on Undeads - 100% Confusion

3) Midgar Zolom: 2 AOE, low damage, 25% add poison OR frog

4) Ramuh: 2 AOE, ???

5) Zodiac: 3 AOE, mediocre damage

6) Silf: 2 AOE, Adds: Float OR Haste OR Regen

7) Moogle: 2 AOE, VERY LOW DAMAGE, 25% Add: Charm

NONE of them 100%, ALL of them subject to M Evade. Except for the ally targeting ones.

Definitely use Midgar Zolom over Salamander... that way it won't conflict with Ifrit. Not to mention it looks great.

Just some ideas to get ppl started.

LastingDawn

November 24, 2008, 12:47:17 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Odin and Rich are part of the Traveler's skillset currently, and will not be making an appearance in the Esperblade's set. Just for verification.

Art of War

Archael

November 24, 2008, 12:58:15 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "LastingDawn"Odin and Rich are part of the Traveler's skillset currently, and will not be making an appearance in the Esperblade's set. Just for verification.

oh, ok, sure thing

I'll replace their ideas with Ramuh and Ifrit then

like any of the other ones?

I'm trying my best to avoid redundancy so they all see a fair amount of use... without any of them being overpowering

it is the same concept I tried to do with Arbalist's offensive moves... they are all useful in diff. circumstances, but there is never one you absolutely want to spam over and over

LastingDawn

November 24, 2008, 01:50:34 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
The other's are quire interesting, but for Fairy reviving in an AoE, would need a Lot of MP to justify such. Other then that, it looks good. Midgar Zolom is a very nice addition. Zodiac as a normal summon? I don't know... he Is after all the thirtheenth Zodiac, I wonder if he should really be as such. Also you said his attack looks very focused, in which I  agree, I think a 1 AoE, Massive Damage, Massive MP would make that worthwhile. Sylph, I was hoping to go for something more similar to FF4, in that it absorbed a random amount of HP and give it to the caster.

Art of War

Jacob31593

November 24, 2008, 03:57:54 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Jacob31593
i like it

Archael

November 24, 2008, 05:12:31 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "LastingDawn"The other's are quire interesting, but for Fairy reviving in an AoE, would need a Lot of MP to justify such. Other then that, it looks good. Midgar Zolom is a very nice addition. Zodiac as a normal summon? I don't know... he Is after all the thirtheenth Zodiac, I wonder if he should really be as such. Also you said his attack looks very focused, in which I  agree, I think a 1 AoE, Massive Damage, Massive MP would make that worthwhile. Sylph, I was hoping to go for something more similar to FF4, in that it absorbed a random amount of HP and give it to the caster.

typo

Fairy is suppose to be 1 PANEL

not 1 AOE

boomkick

November 24, 2008, 07:57:51 pm #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Why not Zodiac do more then just Mediocre damage, like add a certain status or something. Not sure what that would be because Zodiac is the fucking 13th Zodiac!

Ifrit could reduce PA and MA as its effect. Around 2 each would be good and be useful for everyone. Since of course its a demon spraying fire everywhere, why not demoralize or weaken the enemy through it?

Archael

November 24, 2008, 08:14:46 pm #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "boomkick"Why not Zodiac do more then just Mediocre damage, like add a certain status or something. Not sure what that would be because Zodiac is the fucking 13th Zodiac!

Ifrit could reduce PA and MA as its effect. Around 2 each would be good and be useful for everyone. Since of course its a demon spraying fire everywhere, why not demoralize or weaken the enemy through it?

Zodiac can definitely be a stronger, focused spell like LD said

About Ifrit lowering stats, I'm not sure about stat lowering if it is in the mod

LastingDawn

November 24, 2008, 08:33:21 pm #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Brave and Faith are out, but not neccessarily, PA, MA, and Speed boosts and decreasing.

Art of War

Archael

November 24, 2008, 10:47:48 pm #19 Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 09:47:17 pm by Archael
IN PROGRESS

1) Defender - Dark - Dark Holy (Placeholder) - Graphic 17 - Palette C (Black)

2) Save The Queen - Earth - Titan - Graphic 17 - Palette B (Golden Brown)

3) Excalibur - Ice - Cyclops - Graphic 19 - Palette 5 (Blue)

4) Ragnarok - Fire - Salamander - Graphic 19 - Palette 3 (Red)

5) Chaos Blade - Magi-Sword - Non-Elemental - *SPECIAL EFFECT* - Graphic 17 - Palette 9 (Grey)