• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:57:56 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Job Changes + New Jobs

Started by Zozma, February 07, 2009, 12:23:40 pm

mav

If you can change the shirt color on the top sprite, it'll be good. That portrait's exquisite; I can see why you wanted to snatch it up. My only gripe here is that he's too cool looking to be a male Squire. Whatever though, it's no big deal.

Zozma

well here's what ill probably do, is also give Jessie a custom (but already existing) body as well,

what color should i change his shirt or jacket to? btw, they are both actually blue mages so im gonna go with the custom looks over the squires. i just wish i could get a portrait of that quality to go with jessie lol. Basically, without adding any dialog really, Im going to make it so Vicks, Wedge, and Jessie are actually siblings, however Wedge and Jessie never made it up the ranks like Vicks did and therefore are also "cadets" like ramza and delita.

also, i think one thing annoys me about the zodiac body for this character, i think i want to change the arms as they look too big. suggestions?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

mav

For the shirt or jacket, I'd suggest using the Death Corps green, but that's cause I've always had a partiality to it. It might not look too great or work on this particular character. And yeah, this guy could use some different arms; right now he's got some big ol' meat-hooks. Whose arms are you gonna give him though?

Zozma

i donno, if uhave a suggestion let me know, but perhaps hes wearing a jacket over light armor or something like that. if i keep the jacket then it can match the portrait. I'm not sure about Deathcorps green, (tho i like it too, there are already 3 special units that join with their main palette cosisting of green, (miluda, izlude and barret).

also suggestion for a new body for Jessie unless it really looks fine as a squire

GeneralStrife

Quote from: "Zozma"i donno, if uhave a suggestion let me know, but perhaps hes wearing a jacket over light armor or something like that. if i keep the jacket then it can match the portrait. I'm not sure about Deathcorps green, (tho i like it too, there are already 3 special units that join with their main palette cosisting of green, (miluda, izlude and barret).

also suggestion for a new body for Jessie unless it really looks fine as a squire

For jessie, maybe monk with different arms?

Zozma

maybe so. perhaps ill stick with a similar design for Wedge that the portrait was modeled for, having dycedargs robe, i just dont like the idea of it being black just like his hair, thats too much...

also i dont think wedge is a good name for that, i think ill swap Vick's and Wedge's names with eachother lol

Zozma

alright, this keeps changing because its up in the air but, vicks wont be avsilable at the start like jessie. instead u get him later optionally... ill complete his sprite after lady frimelda...

GeneralStrife

Vicks? The teacher who blows you off in the beginning? Lol you can get him hahahaha

Zozma

no, im just switching their names. also going to give him black hair as well

Mysticquest

Is every recruit unique when it comes to jobs? (well if this question hasn't been asked already) that would be soo cool
.....you spellcasters and your words.....

Zozma

Some characters have the same job Such as Frimelda and Zalbag both being holy/white knights but generally every special character is unique. there is an abundance of characters you get, however, and you will have to make a choice because you have access to more units than your party can hold