• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Job Changes + New Jobs

Started by Zozma, February 07, 2009, 12:23:40 pm

jimmyjw88

Temple Knight skills are not bad but not too great as well.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Zozma

they simply don't exist in my patch, therefore I might make him perhaps have the "Destroy Sword" set like Alicia has or one of the other sword skill types
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

jimmyjw88

Either "Destroy Sword" or "Fearblade" as they are spellblades. Though if Alicia is using "Destroy Sword", just wondering, any particular special character is using "Fearblade"?
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Zozma

Miang uses Fearblade and having 2 fearblades could make your team OP so im not to keen on doing that...

jimmyjw88

I see. Even if Miang is not using "Fearblade", I feel that "Destroy Sword" suits him better.

Zozma

2 more characters (unimportant to the story) are being added as 2 of your starting "squires"

they will be your "blue mages" Wedge and Jessie and the only access to a full blue mage type class

I will consider them squires and will probably be mostly head/portrait swapped/palette changed male and female squires as they are part of your "cadet" team at the start.

They won't be much help at the beginning for certain, having only "Accumulate" available to learn

GeneralStrife

Sounds awesome, so they are temporary characters then right?

Zozma

nope, they are with your initial team but just are nothing extraordinary as far as stats growth and they will only come with "Accumulate" learnable as well as the standard r/s/m. The rest of their skills are all blue magic learned mainly from monsters which all are non recruitable now. However, They will each learn a different set of "blue magic". Wedge will lean more towards the "holy" path, while Jessie will go more towards "darkness"

GeneralStrife

Zozma

Wedge

Job: Blue Mage?

Equip: Dagger, Sword, Rod, Staff, Book, Pole

Skillset: Lore

Accumulate
Ultima (mini)
Blow Fire
Choco Cure
Thunder Soul
Goblin Punch
Bad Breath
Magic Spirit
Circle
----------
Triple Thunder
Gigaflare

Zozma

Jessie

Accumulate
Ultima (mini)
Self Destruct
Flame Spiral
Blaster
Life Spirit
Dischord
Doom
Triple Flame
Shadow Flare

GeneralStrife

Quote from: "Zozma"Jessie

Accumulate
Ultima (mini)
Self Destruct
Flame Spiral
Blaster
Life Spirit
Dischord
Doom
Triple Flame
Shadow Flare

Love the sprites.
So will they always look like squires?
Nice to see the enemy skills in there.

Zozma

They will always look like squires yes, This image is a model of Jessie, I am most likely going to use the red-hair UNLESS i get enough votes for the black haired one (which there are few of in the game)

Wedge, I think ill be using black elmdor hair for that and might just make use of that portrait i saw in FFTIA lol (for a squire haha)

GeneralStrife

Quote from: "Zozma"They will always look like squires yes, This image is a model of Jessie, I am most likely going to use the red-hair UNLESS i get enough votes for the black haired one (which there are few of in the game)

Wedge, I think ill be using black elmdor hair for that and might just make use of that portrait i saw in FFTIA lol (for a squire haha)
lmao! well since you have the whole black hair planned out thing ill vote for black. now more ppl just need to know a poll is goin on.

Zozma

haha, not really a poll but gotta strike a balance, or i would have had like 4 redheads lol (Lavian, Alicia, Ignis, +)

now i got Jessie, Wedge, and Olan who have black hair

also as you can see, each of them have different set of blue magic making them both unique. however, it's not decided yet if those are the specific once for that particular one. They really are supposed to be inconspicuously normal characters up until chapter 2. which is why they are dressed as squires.

mav

Dude, the black haired one looks spectacular. Great stuff, Zozma.

Zozma

now i just gotta come up with a portrait too lol

It seems odd but i really want to use that "young elmdor" portrait for the male squire since im using black elmdor hair lol. what a funny idea but still

mav

Do you mind posting that portrait? I saw it over at the IA subforum, but I don't recall what it looks like anymore. Either way, I can't wait to see more of your sprites and ideas. Keep it up.

Zozma

lol, alltho the collar wont match, it never matched the initial concept sprite anyway. this might seem odd attached to a squire but what the heck, i might attach it to a generic sprite that has a collar or alter the squire sprite in the first place with a jacket. then in the end ill probably make him the one that learns shadowflare

Zozma

talk about a funny looking male squire!, theres plenty of room for improvement, the hair in the back makes it obvious the original hair had a cape, plus, i donno i need to do something more to it... perhaps the thief body or something else would work out better... but it needs to be the body of one of the generics to a degree. vanya's warrior template or perhaps the body i used for zodiac will do the trick.