• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:14:16 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

OLD - Journey of the 5 Demo

Started by 3lric, August 10, 2012, 09:41:05 pm

Dome

Ok, played the Demo
The events are epic, but no one never had a doubt about it
The battles were pretty easy, even if enemies with the "Item" command sometimes turned them into a stall-war
I highly dislike Ramza's portrait, but whatever
Epic/10

P.s: Took me 20 minutes to play the whole Demo, playing at 120 fps. Reading everything
P.p.s: Nice of you adding Rad, Alicia and Lavian into the fray

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Durbs

Quote from: Dome on August 12, 2012, 10:03:03 am
The battles were pretty easy, even if enemies with the "Item" command sometimes turned them into a stall-war

Don't worry, it'll get a lot harder. ;)

* Durbs coughs and chuckles.
  • Modding version: PSX

Dome

Great! I love difficulty games, and the story looks quite promising

Kagebunji

Remember there are still new users or those who suck at tactics game, so difficulty cannot be very hard. I would set it between medium-hard.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Dome

Just avoid broken abilities and make sure enemies knows how to use theirs, and the difficulty will be fine

Slightly un-related question:
Will Jot5 play like Cop (Event->Fight->Event->Fight) or will it have a world map where you can freely roam and play random battles and such?

Kagebunji

World map is ours to explore, Dome.

3lric

This is correct, in the beginning of Jot5, the intro is all strung together like in CoP, but once you get to the worldmap it will play like vanilla FFT, going from place to place on the map :P

Dome

Which is great
Having a world map gives you the chance to implement secret events and other great stuff which shouldn't be in the main story for a lot of reasons ;P

3lric

Ohh hahah, trust me, Jot5 will have a TON of secret stuff and sidequests ;)

Barren

You dare cross blades with me?

Joseph Strife

Quote from: Elric on August 12, 2012, 01:31:33 pm
Ohh hahah, trust me, Jot5 will have a TON of secret stuff and sidequests ;)

You guys can wait, there will be a LOT of cool stuff in this regards. :D
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Taichii

Quote from: Joseph Strife on August 12, 2012, 02:03:45 pm
You guys can wait, there will be a LOT of cool stuff in this regards. :D
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

Durbs

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on August 12, 2012, 02:29:58 pm
* Raven whaps Durbs.

* Raven goes to make Journey of the 5 into My Great Teletubby Adventure just to spite Durbs now.

0.o

nero

Great job on the demo, you guys have done excellent work!

Barren

Quote from: nero on August 12, 2012, 07:43:32 pm
Great job on the demo, you guys have done excellent work!

Thank you! 40 views and still climbing :)
You dare cross blades with me?

Jon

Playing through it, looks pretty good so far! I saw sometimes though that the text was getting cut off half way at the last letter by the little book symbol thingie to read the next page here and there, not a big deal but you could in theory add 1 space to such situations to shift the book thing over one and keep the entire sentence in tact.

Also, I was wondering if I could use any of these portraits for my avatar on here? I like the AC Cloud portrait, I already took a screenshot and cropped it...
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

3lric

For most of the ones in the demo you would have to ask Twinees, since most of those are his works,
and since they haven't been publicly released yet, I dunno if he would allow it :/

Altho we have quite a few spriters, Kagebunji and Twinees are completely in charge of the going ons with the Jot5 sprites,
quality wise as well as what does and does not make the cut.

Twinees

Id prefer if you waited until Jot5 was released and all the sprites are submitted before you use any portraits for your avatar, Jon.

Jon

August 15, 2012, 07:15:50 am #39 Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 08:27:36 am by Jon
Okay, won't change my avatar then.

So I finished the demo and I found the whole experience pretty good. I really like the different intros to the new heroes, and I like how you are using older characters from where the story left off. I have a few suggestions (don't read if you haven't played yet):

- Make a new older Alma sprite to match Ramza's age (since they're about the same)
- In the last sequence maybe have two different sprites for Tsenya and Romar (I think those were their names), they just look like clones with color swaps, if you want twins keep the heads but give different clothes
- Keep the Delita King sprite but make his portrait older according to Ramza
- This is kinda dumb but give one of the four 4 move to mix it up a bit, right now four of them have 3 movement and Snake has like 5
- This is gonna sound harsh but consider cutting the battle with Alma, honestly I found it makes no sense, you're in control of the 5 guys and then suddenly you're given a random team which you have no control over and its literally a 50/50 fight depending on the random set ups

Hope this doesn't come off as harsh, just trying to help you improve the game! :mrgreen: You did a really awesome job thus far, keep it up!
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!