• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:43:12 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Rouroni Elmdor's New Team

Started by reinoe, November 16, 2013, 04:14:19 pm

Elmdork

Aside from the complete team re design, zero the samurai got some mods
She is counter flood, overwhelm with masamune.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Malroth

Which team were you intrested in fighting? truelight has a lot of teams.

Elmdork

I wanna see the zirekile highwaymen against the s2 tournament winner. His team covers itself so well and I wanna put my team up to the grinder to see if I can get away with the high output or if I should patch up my defences.

A recent modification will allow them to act as they should, what that means I'm not entirely sure. I'm hoping my berserk paladin will lead the rest of the team on the offensive, increasing DPS with efficient and simple maneuvers. This also means putting their healing ability to the test, but I'm not too worried about that. The archers both having the same ct allows revive+heal, heal+attack, attack+attack, which can be interrupted by turn order, but it's somewhat unlikely and not necessarily fatal.

reinoe

Quote from: Rouroni Elmdor on November 30, 2013, 08:32:37 am
I wanna see the zirekile highwaymen against the s2 tournament winner. His team covers itself so well and I wanna put my team up to the grinder to see if I can get away with the high output or if I should patch up my defences.

A recent modification will allow them to act as they should, what that means I'm not entirely sure. I'm hoping my berserk paladin will lead the rest of the team on the offensive, increasing DPS with efficient and simple maneuvers. This also means putting their healing ability to the test, but I'm not too worried about that. The archers both having the same ct allows revive+heal, heal+attack, attack+attack, which can be interrupted by turn order, but it's somewhat unlikely and not necessarily fatal.

Re: team building in general...
Don't necessarily make changes to a team just because it wins or loses.  I know that might sound weird but...

Take Truelights winning team.  He actually lost to Barren in the winner's bracket.  In the loser's bracket Truelight then beat Barren to win the whole thing.  Make sure your team is doing what you want it to do.  If your team is doing what you want it to do and you think to yourself "oh that match probably could have gone either way" then there's actually a chance that the match really could have gone either way.  Of course if there are flaws that your recognize then of course fix those.

Or take my "I CRAVE THE RAVE" team.  I know that team will lose to most opponents running weapon break, petrify, or steal accessory.  I'm fine with that.  My goals: the team is fast, the team can survive both the long game and short game, get cheer song to work".  From the videos I've seen these are true and therefore the team is a success.
My dreams can come true!

Barren

To reinoe's point, there's really no team that has zero weakness. Every team no matter how good has a weakness. I beat Truelight in the winner's bracket because my season 2 team has a pair of undead units and I was relying on them the whole time to win and with a stroke of luck I did. Truelight later on beat me because his units were able to overwhelm mine fast enough that it didn't matter what my units could do.

My team was weak to physically harder hitting units because of my unit's below average overall HP. But my strength was that it was faster and can put any team on the defensive with a bunch of DPS and some status effects like talk skill or frog. I even got a few deaths and lich off as well.
You dare cross blades with me?

Malroth

Quote from: Barren on November 30, 2013, 04:17:45 pm
Every team no matter how good has a weakness

This is 100% true,  perfect defense is impossible but you want to cover the big huge obvious weaknesses whenever you can, you want to be able to deal with an opponent able to deal arbritarily high single target attack damage, you want to be able to revive even when any single unit is down, you want status healers who can't be shut down permanently with status,  cursed ring users should be able to perform an elemental attack on themselves to heal themselves via absorbtion if they come back to life in critical, you should have someone able to hit units running 80%+ physical evasion, and any unit that uses MP for their main stratagey should be able to recover their own MP somehow so they keep being useful in the case of a stalemate. 

Elmdork

December 08, 2013, 12:59:06 pm #26 Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 11:20:01 pm by Rouroni Elmdor
Here's a team I put together with a new strategy in mind. I might have to make some changes after we put em' through the ringer, but here they are:

Color: white/red
Sabi
Male
Scorpio 
Samurai
Ninjutsu
Counter
Defense up
Move HP up
Muramasa

Barbuta
Reflect mail
Feather mantle
Masamune, murasame
Kagesougi

Zero
Female
Cancer
Samurai
Black magic
Absorb mp
Magic ATK up
Pilgrimage
Kiyomori

Circlet
Linen robe
108 gems
Masamune, kiyomori, heaven's cloud, murasame
Fire, ice, frog

Pithing needle
Female
Pisces
Oracle
White magic
Damage split
Defense up
Move mp up
Papyrus plate
Black hood
White robe
Setiemson
petrify
Raise 2, esuna, cure 3, protect 2

Crystal viper
Female
Pisces
Oracle
Summon
Absorb mp
Magic ATK up
Move mp up
Faith rod
Golden hairpin
Robe of lords
108 gems
Petrify
Moogle, salamander, fairy, carbunkle

Elmdork

December 15, 2013, 01:15:20 pm #27 Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 09:46:44 am by Rouroni Elmdor
>.>

reinoe

I wouldn't mind seeing an "in depth" analysis for each of your teams.
My dreams can come true!

Elmdork

lol you mean what i think :P you're completely capable of procuring an analysis. i do appreciate that though, i shouldn't be such a pessimist, this is where dreams come true, right? i'll work on it when i'm less tired. it's 8am and i just finished work.

thanks, reinoe. that was a pick-me-up.