• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Favourite Primary and Secondary Abilities

Started by Argy, August 11, 2011, 03:49:42 am

Argy

Hi All,

I was wondering what everyone favourite primary and secondary abilities are from FFT and its patches. I have recently started using Black Magic/Draw Out combination and really loved it! (Never had much time for a Samurai, as I loved using Ninjas!!)

I initially just used to use a mish mash of abilities and didnt really think of skill multipliers or Zodiac compatabilty. Back in the day I was always partial to using an Archer with Break abilities!!

• Modding version: PSX
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

Argy

Hi All,

Just like my other topic, what are your favourite R/S/M abilities and why? I think this will help all gamers out, as it might give them an insight to what other people use!!

• Modding version: PSX
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

Pickle Girl Fanboy

When I'm grinding, everyone has Basic Skill (or whatever Squire's skillset is called) and whatever they're current job is.  I try to stagger the class changing so I always have at least one person who can heal and revive, and a sure-fire way to weaken an enemy so I don't have to rely on Reaction abilities to survive.

Speaking of which, HP Restore is what I use most often, along with Gained JP UP and Move+2.

Dokurider

My favorite skillsets are Jump and Archery. I love Archery, and I think Jump is the coolest. I just wish both skillsets comprised of more than just one big skill. But I'll always like any skillset that can be used cleverly/is clever. Like how I use Jump in this video:

Or use Meatbone Slash here:

Really, I just enjoy anything clever.

LucasTizma

I have to say I adore Jump as well. As a secondary skill, I really like Steal. Steal Heart is just so useful, even if it's to stop a caster from a distance. Also, I always want to have at least one person on hand to pilfer a surprise high-level NPC human character in a random battle. :) Can't stand letting precious rare equipment go to waste early on in the game!

Other than that, I pretty much always have the Monk abilities as an alternate for at least one person. Chakra alone is so worth it, plus Revive and Purification really come in handy. Always have Time Magic as an secondary ability on one of my mages. I gotta have Haste active as much as possible. :)

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"