• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:34:03 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Things I didn't like about the original FFT (This thread is about cars now!)

Started by Philogosten, October 08, 2013, 11:31:21 am

Zotis

Well I could be wrong, but Altima is also known as Ultima.  They are two names for the same character.  Ultima the High Seraph, aka Altima the Blood Angel, aka Ultima the Holy Angel which appears in other FF games as well.

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Lijj

I don't know what any of you are talking about!! Altima is a Nissan brand car marketed in the US.
  • Modding version: PSX

Xifanie

Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Angel

Quote from: Xifanie on October 13, 2013, 02:31:59 pm
hahahahaha Lijj won this topic

This. 1000x.

And I had an Altima once. :O
Only car I've ever owned that got worse gas milage than my Prelude. :v
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Zotis

Yeah well, Ultima is a car brand too.  Ultima Sports Ltd in England.

Kagebunji

Thread Hijack! This thread is about cars now. Discuss :P
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Zotis

My favorite car is a Dodge Viper, but more for aesthetics than actual performance.  Although it performs nicely too.

3lric

Angel

I'm a Nissan fangirl, despite all their efforts to turn me away. Z cars and Skylines and 240s and on and on and on. Shame it's so difficult to get anything in manual transmission anymore. :I

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame

Zotis

Don't forget about the Cube and the Leaf.  And I'm sure there's at least a couple more hideous Nissan cars.  But I do seem to remember them having a lot of nice cars too.

My most hated car of all though is the Chrysler PT Cruiser, it looks like a Nissan Cube with down syndrome.

Edit: Lol, just noticed the name change to the thread title.

Angel

Oh god, my mom had a PT Cruiser. >.< Actually was the only PT Cruiser I ever saw with a manual transmission. Was incredibly awkward, too, because the shifter had a huuuuuuuuge throw, and you had to click it into gear twice. Like, you know when you shift into gear, there's a little 'thunk' that tells you you're in gear now? Yeah, this shifter would do that, but you still wouldn't be in gear. You had to keep pressing it further into another 'thunk'. And then going from first to second gear was a three 'thunk' throw. Absolutely ridiculous. Not to mention it was gutless and couldn't do 75 unless you were going downhill.

And no manufacturer is without an ugly car - usually more than one in any given model year. But I can't think of another manufacturer that had so many fun cars in its lineup simultaneously as Nissan has had. Over time, perhaps, but not all in the same model year. They were the last bastion of affordable sports cars and cheap rear wheel drive, really.

Zotis

This makes me wish I actually knew how to drive... I really have to get around to getting my licence one of these days.  I wouldn't consider anything but a cheap sports car.  There are some really sweet models in the second hand market for 10-15k.  When there's so many awesome affordable cars why buy one of those hideous boxes?  One of my friends just bought a brand new model of the most generic looking car ever.  It performs great, it's a good car, but come on... he payed like 40k for it... he could of got something so much better... meh.  When I gave him a hard time about it he pulled over and threatened to kick me out.   :roll:

I don't like trucks either.  It's nice being able to see over the rest of the traffic, but at the same time you're blocking everyone else.

Angel

I'm used to being low to the ground, and prefer it that way. I can tolerate driving a truck, but it really isn't my thing. I only really ask that it has working air conditioning and isn't automatic; anything above and beyond that is icing on the cake. That said, I do have a mother who likes to talk me into buying sports cars...

Philogosten

Actually better planning on the Lucavi's part would not have ensured victory. It just means it would have required the heroes to actually think. Besides even when their plan succeeds they still lose because well Ajora isn't exactly tough. So even with better planning which would have made more sense they still would have failed in the end. Now
as for beating Altima/Ultima (whatever) it is really not hard and does not require Cid or Agrias. I did not use either the first time I beat her/him. Just a team of decently leveled Lancers is enough. No level up tricks or any stuff like that required. Also a demon wanting to destroy everything is very cliche. Instead of thinking "well demons want to destroy stuff because they are evil" think outside the cliche box. Why would they want to destroy the world? Do they hate the world? What is it that they hate about it so much that they want it gone? If they want it all destroyed then there would be nothing left of value so what could it possibly have to gain? Does it just want to live on earth and it feels it has to destroy people to make sure they do not destroy it? Motive is important. If you are saying that its motivation is because it is evil then that is just weak writing. Now before you try to defend the bad writing some more, think carefully and don't rely on such childish insults like "you're just jealous"
Now taking bets on which kills me first. lung cancer or liver failure

Zotis

Well to be honest Philogosten I think that you have no idea what you're talking about.  I don't think you understand the nature of evil.  But I don't want to argue anymore, so let's just agree to disagree.  I certainly didn't beat the final boss on my first try when I was younger, the whole game made me try very hard and I died many times.  The hardest boss for me on my first try was Velius.  I think the game has an amazing story, I really enjoy the story every time I play and I've played through the whole game at least seven times.

Back to the thread's real topic: Air conditioning makes you weak, I never use it.  And dang, your mom sounds pretty cool.  Mine would probably try to convince me to buy a really crappy car like a Pontiac Sunfire.  But I'd just say no and buy a GT Twinturbo or something.

Is there a Honda Acura sports car, or a cheap car that looks kinda sporty?  I have this car in my mind that I've seen a lot and would consider getting, but I can't remember what it is.

3lric

Phil, demons hate people.

Also your post is invalid as this thread is about cars now.

Welcome to Spam!

Angel

Quote from: Zotis on October 14, 2013, 09:30:09 amBack to the thread's real topic: Air conditioning makes you weak, I never use it.
Where I'm from, no air conditioning = heatstroke.

QuoteAnd dang, your mom sounds pretty cool.  Mine would probably try to convince me to buy a really crappy car like a Pontiac Sunfire.  But I'd just say no and buy a GT Twinturbo or something.
My mom wanted me to get a 300ZX Twin Turbo for my first car. My dad thought she was insane, so this wound up not being the case... The Z came later.

QuoteIs there a Honda Acura sports car, or a cheap car that looks kinda sporty?  I have this car in my mind that I've seen a lot and would consider getting, but I can't remember what it is.
The only car I would call a sports car in Acura's entire history is the NSX (though still a bit lacking in power), which I think you can get for less than 30k now, if you aim for early 90s. More realistically, the Integra is probably what you're thinking of (which is front wheel drive and not that impressive a performer). The sportiest Honda you can buy is an S2000, which you can still get on the relatively cheap side. For cars that look sporty but aren't necessarily, try Honda Prelude, Hyundai Tiburon, 97 or 98 Nissan 240SX, something in that range. You can get a 2003 350Z for under 15k now, too (which has a nice traction control system for the winter). Or if you want a fake backseat, you can get the same car as an Infiniti G35 for about the same price.