• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:45:59 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

[Old] Elmdor in Limberry

Started by bishopcheck, September 03, 2011, 09:48:31 pm

bishopcheck

September 03, 2011, 09:48:31 pm Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 01:15:17 pm by Dome
I signed up for the forums just to post this since I am at a complete loss. I really like the mod, makes the game hard, but not too hard. However, I'm inside Limberry Castle, and wtf. Besides having Elmdor capable of 2shotting my entire team with drawout, or 1 shotting any toon with attack. The assassins are the most trouble. They have stop bracelet, shadow switch, allure, and something new i believe Seal(maybe i'm wrong, been a while since i played vanilla) Oh and a upgraded version of Ultima. I can't figure it out, all my guys are around 48-52. I've tried Black costumes and na'kai bracelets. I'm in sandbag mode b4 i can even hit either assassin. Plus my goal was to steal all the gear, but I can't even finish the fight. Tips? Id really hate to go back and lvl more. MagicDefUp and Reflect armor? Im guessing MagicDefUp is a must, but I still don't get how one stops the assassins.

Stretch

You have Orlandu's Excalibur, slap someone with a high PA swordskill right at the start. Do you have a few Angel Rings? Use those. Use your elixers. Use statbreaking skills.

The assassins are your first target, once they transform they usually do a charging attack, and physicals will then remove them from the fight.

Before the battle, strip all your equipment, find out which characters you want to use, and reequip them to maximize their use. Go for full power on one character and have them only attack, and go for full tank/status guard on another and have them heal, maybe use a decoy character (do you have any monsters?) and isolate them before battle so they will go for them, leaving the rest of your crew able to attack.

Spread everyone out. Once the battle begins, send your Excalibur wielder up front, and send people up the left and right balconies as soon as you can. Ranged weapons are great for taking out the assassins.

When I got to Elmdor, I was about 15 levels lower than you are. Levels are not your issue.
Yeah, right

Dome

Thanks for the feedback bishopcheck
Elmdor and the bitches are nerfed now: The next release will have them much slower and Elmdor will be unable to spam Chirijaden (Or whatever the name is)

But beware, they are still strong enemies (Expecially if you want to steal the gear)
I suggest to read Stretch's suggestions, because they are good :-)

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Joseph Strife

if you want to make quick work of the battle you can use a strategy i saw in a video by someone here in FFH (i think it was barren), he gave metabone slash for everyone, and saved before battle, entered then saw how much damage elmdor would gave to his chars, then reset and lowerd their HP's so they would be in critical after elmdor's attack activating metabone slash and taking him down on one turn, but that was in another patch, i don't know if it would work on FFT:+. But forget it if you want to steal his gear, go like our friend stretch said.
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Dome

Quote from: Joseph Strife on September 04, 2011, 09:39:56 am
if you want to make quick work of the battle you can use a strategy i saw in a video by someone here in FFH (i think it was barren), he gave metabone slash for everyone, and saved before battle, entered then saw how much damage elmdor would gave to his chars, then reset and lowerd their HP's so they would be in critical after elmdor's attack activating metabone slash and taking him down on one turn, but that was in another patch, i don't know if it would work on FFT:+. But forget it if you want to steal his gear, go like our friend stretch said.

FFT: + Is based on 1.3034
So, it will work

If you DONT want to steal, Elmdor is easy as pie
The hard part comes if you want to grab the Gengji stuff

bishopcheck

Alright so I was able to do it. I stole all the equipment, and learned ultima(at the gates).

First Let me say it took alot of reloading. I actually had to go back to an earlier save and actually lvl up Orlandu and use him. I had everyone use magicDefUp and Everyone had Item as a secondary. And funny enough I accidentally put Boco in my lineup instead of Lavian, but it turned out for the better since Boco has innate MoveHpUp and had enough speed+move to stay in sandbag mode w/o dieing himself. Whoever when I thought I had Elmdor on the ropes by destroying his MA(after stealing his brave) with Mustadio, he started using Blood Suck(lucky Everyone had Item)

Final Thoughts: very difficult but possible to beat.

Lol @ blade grasp. "I'll break his MA....oh no thats right he can catch bullets" I think you should have made his class "Shaolin Monk"

Dome

Lol @ Shaolin Monk xD

Glad you did it :-)
The genji stuff is very powerful

FFMaster

I think... with Breaks and not Ruins from 1.3, Elmdor is way harder. Ruins can at least go through Blade Grasp...

What's the worst he can spam now? Muramasa?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Dome

FFT: Plus uses the ruins from 1.3
Anyway...
Blood suck IMHO is way worse than murasama (The most damaging spell he can spam now)