• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:23:03 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Question on charging

Started by Valkirst, June 12, 2014, 07:02:52 pm

Valkirst

Is it possible to have it so that much like the Jump time, another skill won't be interrupted or be prompted for an action until the skill is performed? So that it doesn't behave like a long spell where you get to walk around or change what action you want to take.

Basically what I have now, is my Character Terra Performs Shiva, which I have changed to Morph and she jumps in the air, but she keeps being prompted to perform another action when her turn comes up off screen. kind of killing the suspense of when she does perform the "Diamond Dust" or how I have renamed it "Terra's Ascension" giving the illusion that Terra has transformed. I basically just want to do the Morph, she flies up into the air and I don't see or hear from her until she performs the "Summon"
  • Modding version: PSX
Completed Sprites
  • Discord username: Valkirst

Choto

As far as I know there isn't any way to do such a thing :(

That is a clever way to implement an Esper Morph though. You could even replace the Shiva graphic with an Esper'd out Terra.

Valkirst

Yeah I would love to do that! But I have windows 8.1 and I have no idea how to change the Summon animations.
Completed Sprites

Choto

I've found ways around the TIMUTIL issue... idk if there's a good graphic of her anywhere. If you can find one i'll try importing it.  This was probably the best i could find though >_>

Celdia

Since I find that image amusing along with this whole idea, I threw something together. It's a little rough around the edges but give it a look and see what you think.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Valkirst

Meow!

Okay, so is there a tutorial on how I can modify the summon? And how to make it work on a windows 8 platform? I was simply thinking about adding XP to a partition since I seem to be having problems with my Text edit as well.
Completed Sprites

Valkirst

June 16, 2014, 04:03:31 pm #6 Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 04:09:23 pm by Valkirst
What is the color range that is allowed for the Summon palette? Is it also 16?
Also I found the tutorial on the site :P
Completed Sprites

Celdia

*whaps you with her squeaky hammer* Don't double-post. We have an edit button for a reason. Glad you found the tutorial on your own because that was easy enough that you shouldn't have been asking. The summon palette limit is 256 colors but you need to keep one of them as pure black or else you won't be able to get any transparency. You don't want that. If I have a video with an example of why not I'll edit that into this later. There are a few spell effects [dragon breaths mostly] that don't seem to use a full 256 color palette. For those I don't have much to offer other than feel free to experiment and don't get discouraged if your changes don't take.

As for Win8 being a problem...I'd go get myself a copy of Win7 to deal with that issue.

Valkirst

June 16, 2014, 05:08:56 pm #8 Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 05:39:59 pm by Valkirst
Hahah, sorry about that. And oh my goodness so I got it opened.. I think. However I have no idea what I am doing beyond thinking I see an image in a mess of randomized pixels. It's like seeing Jesus on a piece of toast! I very much have no idea what I am doing... :P

EDIT: I GOT IT! YAYYY!
Completed Sprites

Choto

Valkirst

June 16, 2014, 11:01:44 pm #10 Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 01:05:46 am by Valkirst
HehheheehahahahabaahahahahaBWAHAHAHAHA!! Ahem... COUGH

So I moved from Shiva to Zodiac because it was easier to use a bigger canvas... so yeaahhh check it out!
I know it's not in the style but meeehhh.
Completed Sprites

Celdia

Yeah, that'll be something to see in action. o_o

Valkirst

So I finally saw it, I used the PSX version and it was amazing.... seriously disappointing though that I couldn't do it on the PSP version, the PPSSPP Emulator is just so great and user friendly.. ahh well. C'est la vie.
Completed Sprites