• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:52:11 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

CCP - Bug Reports

Started by Celdia, June 24, 2011, 02:42:46 pm

Celdia

Reporting my own bug. It looks like the Bandit's Blinding Powder skill never actually got a value for X in the SP+X% formula for whatever reason (though I could swear I set it) so it has pretty much no hit% currently. I'll get that fixed in the next update.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Celdia

September 08, 2011, 11:58:54 pm #81 Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 12:12:24 am by Celdia
It looks like our favorite Alchemy bug is back again. -___- Only the first two skills are appearing in the skillset in spite of how many skills are actually learned. Hopefully I'll have a fix for this soon.

Update: Figured out the problem. Bad organization. I updated an old version of my ARH that didn't have the fix for the Alchemy bug in it. I'll be uploading a v1.952 file in a few minutes to cover this and the low hit% on Blinding Powder.

Celdia

Looks like when Rad joins in Chapter 2 his job is buggy. He has Torero as a base job and it displays Ramza's Chapter 1 portrait for him in the formation screen. Fixing this isn't really a priority right now but I'll see what I can do about it.

Dorter 2 is currently over the sprite limit. Doesn't seem to affect gameplay but it sure does look funny.

alkarl

I just downloaded 1.952 and first of all I'll just say I love the patch so far, I'm just past Dorter 1.

I just read through and I know Boil doesn't show the correct targeting information so I may give it a whirl now.

What I mainly came here to report is that Bandage sometimes makes a random item or " " blow away, like a katana. Except it doesn't actually blow away. Along with this I found that during battle I'm getting a lot of random items. Every time I checked my Alchemist I'd have a few more potions/phoenix downs avaliable to me, even after using them. I also picked up a chest with an Aspis, and that blew away during a bandage, but after the battle I had 10 available to use.

I guess the bug is random items keep appearing.

Celdia

o_o I'm going to have to change the formula on Bandage. I must be using the Draw Out healing formula which, on reflection, I can definitely see affecting your item stock in strange ways since its not bound properly to an item slot (though that isn't a bad idea...)

Other than that I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the patch, alkarl. ^_^

Vault Survivor

I am in chapter four and whenever i try and go to Goug it starts loading and it takes an extremely long time and never seems to load the cutscene.... i dunno what's up

i love the patch completely though
War Never Changes

bloodafro

Great... Classic problem, I have a mac... Stuck on Orbonee Monastery....
Barkeep: What'll you have?
Man: What do ya got?
Barkeep: Horse beer and horse soft drinks
Man: Got any horse Coke?
Barkeep: Horse Pepsi ok?
Man:  NAYYYYY!

alkarl

I've been noticing in Chapter 3, my people have been reacting with Faith Up for no particular reason. Just got healed? Get some faith. At first I thought it was certain jobs, but Alchemist, Gunslinger, Torero, even enemies. I've been through my items and no explanation.

Celdia

September 16, 2011, 07:39:49 pm #88 Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 07:42:01 pm by Celdia
Are you sure they're not equipped with Red Outfits? Its a Clothing type armor (which all those jobs and equip) and its available in shops early in Chapter 3. It grants Faith Up as an innate reaction.

alkarl

September 17, 2011, 01:00:47 pm #89 Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 01:13:44 pm by alkarl
Ah, I do believe they both have Flashy Costumes on. Innate: Enhance is what it says is on it, so I note my confusion to that. I'll try to be more resourceful once I re-introduce myself to FFTPatcher.

For some text issues, Red Mage(possibly Mime) still says Cook instead of Butler.

Alchemist skills have some wrong information, the item you use however, has it right.
-Number 9 needs Poison added to the description
-Phantom Vial needs Float
-Faerie Dust needs Poison

Not sure about the higher up items, not that far.

I also just unlocked Chef's Knife. I don't plan on using it, but I'm assuming Magic: Dice is an old Cook skill. I'm going to test it right now to see if I can get it to proc to make sure what skill it's using, in case Dice isn't in the game anymore (will edit after I test.) It procs Charm. Nifty, I wasn't playing when Cook was in the game so no comment.

Celdia

Hahaha, I completely forgot about that knife. I may keep that skill on it...

Stretch

Playing the most recent patch. I like how guests are controllable, but Agrias and Gaf aren't controllable in Dorter, but they are in Araguay. I understand why Delita would be uncontrolled in the last battle in ch1, being berserk with rage, but why would Ag and Gaf switch from controllable to uncontrollable?
Yeah, right

Celdia

I probably just missed the Control flags on that event. I'll note it for the next release.

Stretch

September 20, 2011, 11:10:36 pm #93 Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 12:34:39 am by Stretch
Rescuing Mustadio... the enchanters confused a unit that only had aurabolt, sugary candy, and boil for skills. The unit then moved and tried to do an action, and the game just hung there. It was like, if a unit is confused and randomly chooses an action but there are no targets available, nothing happens.

edit: It happened again. It definitely has to do with the Homemaker skills. The confused unit chooses either Sugary Candy or Boil when confused, and the game simply locks up. All the characters still animate, it's just stuck in a loop.
Yeah, right

Stretch

September 21, 2011, 06:27:47 pm #94 Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 05:14:39 pm by Stretch
Confirming that Flashy Costumes bestow faith up when they shouldn't.

EDIT: When I try to go to Goug in ch4, the "now loading" text flashes forever and nothing loads. I do have problems playing extensively hacked roms on my emulator; pSX isn't the best one, but it's the only one I've ever gotten to work.

EDIT: In Zalmo 2, the warlocks and Zalmo have Enhancer rings, which do nothing as far as I can tell, maybe they have Maintenance. I seem to remember you were going to get rid of these items?

EDIT: The Inferno gun definitely deals ice elemental damage. Is this an homage to the original's gun name swapping?
Yeah, right

Celdia

I'll give the Flashy Costumes another test but I've already checked my settings in ALMA and they are definitely set to have Enhance and not Faith Up. An error like that in Chapter 4 has been seen before but I'm not sure whatever was done to fix it beyond grabbing a new, clean ISO or changing emu settings in ePSXe. You might try applying this to a clean ISO - http://ffhacktics.com/downloads/extend_ISO.rar - and THEN patching it with CCP and seeing if that fixes the problem at Grog Hill.

As for the Inferno, sad as it is, that was actually an oversight on my part. Something I had intended to fix and never got around to it. Actually noticed it the other night watching Chimpmaster streaming CCP and we were like "Well, no one has been playing this far lately so maybe they won't notice..." ^_^;;  I'm actually looking at reworking the higher tier guns some in the near future and making them less of a pain in the ass to get so that'll get fixed.

Stretch

September 22, 2011, 09:05:35 pm #96 Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 10:22:19 pm by Stretch
Grog worked just fine, it's the scene in Goug that sets up all the ch4 sidequests that doesn't work for me. Also, I'm not using ePSXe, but pSX. I've never been able to get ePSXe to work. I tried loading a Celdia rom, and when "Squaresoft" pops up the game just hangs there. Loading my clean FFT rom only displays a black screen. I'd rather use ePSXe since this rom and other extensively patched FFT roms often crash randomly in pSX.

The original FFT rom is clean, I made it myself from my disc. It's a .bin file, if it has to be ISO, then how do I change it? It works perfectly on pSX. I should have the proper plugins and bios for ePSXe, but it doesn't work. Which ones are you using? What version of ePSXe?

I'm going to make version of Celdia using the extend patch, and test it out.

EDIT: going well so far. I just used the Bandage skill, and it said "broken" afterwards... but there was nothing changed in my inventory. Disappointing... I wanted all sorts of random things to happen because of that.
Yeah, right

Celdia

Sorry, I must've misread Goug as Grog. Bandage does affect inventory sometimes because I'm using the wrong formula there. I had it constantly spawning Phoenix Downs for me while I was playing it recently. Your results may vary. Glad to hear you're having some luck with the extend patch.

Stretch

September 23, 2011, 01:34:24 am #98 Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 03:21:45 pm by Stretch
Confuse is the most damaging status in the game. Whenever one of my units is confused, when their turn comes up, they choose an action and never choose a target. The game just hangs, and I have to reset.

EDIT: I'm still getting random crashes, but much fewer with the extend_iso patch. It would be nice to not have any, though. What are your emulator settings, Celdia?
Yeah, right

Stretch

September 23, 2011, 08:50:12 pm #99 Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 10:28:54 pm by Stretch
Fire Dance isn't actually fire elemental. I just used it against a character with Oil status, and there was no change in damage. The Oil status stayed on.

EDIT: The scene at Goug worked! The extend ISO patch is marvelous.
Yeah, right