• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

CCP - Bug Reports

Started by Celdia, June 24, 2011, 02:42:46 pm

Joseph Strife

Hey Celdia  :)
Wiegraf at Riovanes has Punch Skill as his second action skill and the description goes as "Skills that monks use...", wouldn't that be blitz in your patch?! Maybe you should revise all bosses coz i'm not sure if it happened before, i only payed attention to it now.

Quote from: Killergamer on July 28, 2011, 10:18:53 pm
hey just wanted to let you know that whatever class uses blackout,envenom and cripple and looks like a mediator is shooting a random arrow into the air after their book attacks and hits the guy like 2 seconds after the initial hit. It displays the damage with both hits although it only applies it once. The same goes for the nomad with peircing shot(only skill i have so far) but it shoots the 3 guys infront of me and a random arrow just gets shot out like diagonal from the third square if im seeing it correctly

Yeah, that happens to me to, but as far as i know that happens to most (if not all) patches but i don't know why, maybe some problem with the hacking...
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

dinosaur

I found a huge bug!!!

There is not enough Celdia in my heart ;-;

Stretch

I actually did find a huge bug, that the patch didn't work? I tried both patches in the download page. When applying the patch to my clean, working FFT rom, it took a few minutes, and when I tried to run it, I got an error saying "CD not readable, needs a .cue file" or something like that. I didn't get anything like that with 1.3 and LFT... Any thoughts?
Yeah, right

Celdia

The ISO I work from is a .bin and .cue pairing, but the .cue really isn't anything more than a small plain-text file with the following in it

FILE "FFT.BIN" BINARY
  TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00

...and that's it. I don't expect it will really help if you make a file like that to go with it since I've long stopped even keeping a .cue file in the directory with the .bin. The best suggestion I can make is to find different format ISO files and try patching those. I know it has solved a "will not work" problem for more than a few people, but of course your mileage may vary.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Stretch

Excellent, it worked! To anyone else with this problem, just change the FFT.BIN section to whatever your ISO name is, and done! Thanks.
Yeah, right

Celdia

QuoteI don't expect it will really help...

...and yet, every now and again, the answer is just that simple. Hunh.

Stretch

The game keeps crashing for me in Chapter 2. It doesn't give any specific errors, the screen just goes black. It crashed on a random battle in Araguay while the map was spinning around before the battle, and after the Barius Hill story battle when I was changing classes.
Yeah, right

Stretch

August 09, 2011, 08:18:03 pm #67 Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 01:14:06 am by Stretch
I don't know what's causing the crashes, they keep happening, but only on the map/menus, so as long as I keep save stating I can get by. I ran into something else, though: the Flashy Clothes, the master guide says they give the unit equip spear, but it says "enhance." What is enhance?

EDIT: Just saw some gibberish on my emulator debug thing; it didn't crash, but this is what usually precedes it: "cuebin: read sector out of range (234992, max=234991)". It says that for a bunch of lines, each time the number exceeds max.

Also, I've never had Mustadio's Arm or Leg aim ever do anything except normal damage.
Yeah, right

TigerKnee

Enhance raises hit rates by 25% or something. It's like the version of Concentrate from FFTA. It's a very good piece of equipment when you first get it if you rely on % based moves.

The last time I played, Mustadio's Arm/Leg Aim did proc their status effects BUT they are VERY rare. I'm not sure if it means the proc rates are just screwed up or whatever. Maybe a patch broke it so that it doesn't proc now, but just mentioning.

Scearcely

pulled this as war trophy for yadrow fort city

a shuriken named enhancer that gives +2pa/ma and has a ring icon...

Celdia

Hm. That shouldn't be accessible to players. Must have missed a war trophy setting there. Its an AI-Only item. If you can get someone to equip it then by all means, have at. :P Thanks for the note, though.

Scearcely

its un-equipable(without save editing)

another note since the master guide was updated for accessories.  is the wizard guard supposed to give absorb used mp along with mp restore(at least i think the wizard guard is giving me that reaction, can't figure out what else could be)

Celdia

August 22, 2011, 09:51:31 pm #72 Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 09:55:29 pm by Celdia
I'll need to check that one. I may have changed the item and not updated the guide. I think I remember believing MP Restore wasn't actually all that useful for some reason on an equip and changing it.

Edit: Okay, just checked my settings in ALMA. It definitely looks like I swapped out MP Restore for Absorb Used MP on the Wizard Guard. I'll update the guide when I get a minute.

TCSyd

Ramza loses "Heal" in his skillset between Chapters 2-3 and 4. Is this intentional?

Celdia

He's not supposed to have Heal in his skillset at all. o_o

Scearcely

Quote from: Celdia on August 24, 2011, 02:39:27 am
He's not supposed to have Heal in his skillset at all. o_o

damn, i kinda liked having heal on him.

question, on your updates you mention "changed malak's faith to a usable amount"(v1.9>1.91)  except he's still coming in with the default 31 faith 69 brave of vanilla which, given that his new skill set is very faith based, makes him actually less useful than even vanilla

also, rafa joins with items on character that she can't actually equip(she joins with a stick equipped)

speaking of crazy equips.
agrias(who joins in chapter 2) joins the party wearing gear that's not store buyable until late chapter3/start chapter 4(kabuto + freedom)

Celdia

I can't imagine what I'm not finding with those last few bugs, Scearcely. I've checked every entry for Rafa and Malak in the ENTD I can find. Malak's Faith is boosted to 69 in all of them and Rafa never has any set weapon equipped - she just has <Random> set which should automatically limit her to job-accessible weapons and her job doesn't have Pole flagged anymore.

I will be setting Agrias' gear to a lower tier, though.

Scearcely

it could have just been me, shortly(a couple days after) that memory card file ended up being corrupted

BakaNiiNii

[bad english]
one of the worst mistake ever, i think
bug in v1.95
well the main bug is
where is BUTLER

all i see is cook there, with cook skill
-i can control the guests, but i can't control delita in the second battle
-WHY YOU RAMZA HAVE HEAL SKILL
so far this is the bug i found

i try the homemaker SCC patch, and BUTLER is there, except first battle the enemy is just....he's alone

Celdia