• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Seushiro's Sprites... Redoing some sprites

Started by Seushiro, August 19, 2009, 12:12:50 am

3lric

• Modding version: PSX

Seushiro

Almost done with the basic modifications on Ryu sprite then I would do the cleaning up hopefully by the weekend.

Planning to work on a lot of Fair Tail Guild sprites as I want to do a personal MOD for a story arc. Happy looks derp

Kagebunji

Comparing current Natsu to your older version from last page, I gotta say that the chest is better on the old one, simply because it is simplier, has less detail and doesn't blurr that much. New version uses gold outline and skin, which kinda belnds together, making it hard to see what it is.

Other advice I have for pretty much all the sprites, is to keep the hair less chaotic. Right now it has highlights all over the place, dark outlines too. Try keeping it simple. Good work on these nonetheless, good to see you back and at it :)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Seushiro

Now that is something I missed here crits :) You right on I made the chest back to a simpler one and looks much better. Need to work on the front dunno why i shifted the opening to the side instead of center.

Twinees became a legend :) I wish I could improve as much. I guess I got used to him, Mav, and Mike to back me up on portraits and fixes that I did not get the idea of depth and simplicity.

Kagebunji

There ain't much crits because most spriters are either gone, absent, or those we are still active work on JoT5 sprites. It's silent here, but work is getting done all the time, heh :P

Twinees

Welcome back Seushiro, you were the person that pretty much got me started in all of this to be honest, so I thank you for that :). Back in the day you were just extremely bold by doing something different, and you are still doing that which is great. Rather than giving critiques, I usually prefer to give an edit to show you what could help, its up to you whether you want to use it or not. And it addresses some of the critiques that Mr. Bunji had.

Anyway, keep it up. Stick to FFT colours and use references and you will be fine  ;)

Seushiro

That is damn awesome yep that is how I work in the old days you guys give the modifications and I continue from there:)) I will definitely use it but need to first finish off the entire sheet so it would be easier to modify from there. I also thank you for achieving the FF7 dream of mine. You piloted the completion of the main cast Twinees.

Kagebunji

Heh, nice edit as always Twin.

Seushiro, what is your currennt avatar from? Is it Kirito from SAO? Kinda reminds me of him.

Seushiro

March 15, 2014, 07:49:10 am #508 Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 08:23:49 am by Seushiro
Right you are Kage it is Kirito. It is in process still so chin and mouth is just Meh :lol: ....

Tested Twinees version with closed vest and a darker set of colors looks way better than my version 2 and the scarf animation is awesome :) I did not try it at first cause I knew it would be hard to animate it but I guess it is on the table so I had to do it.

Jumza

Kage when you first showed me the art for Kirito's character on that show I went and watched every episode :P It was fantastic.

Good work Seushiro, I hope you keep it  up :)
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

kyozo22

Kirito would be awesome. Sword Art Online was  really good anime adaptation, but th light novels are where it's at! :P

Looking forward to seeing Kirito (and perhaps Asuna/ Heathcliff? ;) ) when it's done.
  • Modding version: WotL

Kagebunji

Yeah, I liked SAO a lot too, at least untill the second part of it, Alfheim. It was way worse tha the first half.

As to the scarf on Natsu, I made a similiar one on the Monk sprite fully animated, however it is in JoT5 Chapter 2, so for now it's hidden I guess. Unless it is in the updated Chapter 1, dunno. You could use that as a reference.

Speaking of Kirito, here

Seushiro

Nice work there Kage. For a quick edit the hair brought it out as Kirito (I said it a million times: the proper hair brings out the character). Not sure about the outlined coat but yeah guess there is no other way to do the linings :) Gonna paste him over my Sephiroth sheet this one will be in the works ahaha

Kagebunji

Yeah, white outline was a pain. Then again you need to notice that Kirito's design is mostly all black, with white outlines. It is hard to transist it into a FFT sheet, cause blacks will blend together. This white outline is mainly used to separate some blacks and make it look like it's not a big black lump. Feel free to do anything with it, it's just a concept I did long time ago, after I finised watching SAO :P

Seushiro

March 15, 2014, 11:50:31 am #514 Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 12:01:45 pm by Seushiro
I guess I'll just stick to finishing first what I can. I really want to make a Fairy Tail Mod but I guess it will take me time  :? The hair you made also matches Zeref's

but that one is 15 colors if I can whoop in another shade for the coat it can be done right.

Kagebunji

Have you seen the Sephiroth sprite from Journey OF The Five? It's an updated, great quality version of Sephiroth, you might wanna start from that one instead.

MiKeMiTchi

The hair looks good already, although I would suggest going for a simpler design for his coat. The latest coat seems a bit complex for me for you, and the outlines stands out to me like they are chains. With using simpler details on his coat, finishing the sprite would be less daunting~ Also, which online game from SAO are you going to base his outfit from? If the outfit you are basing it from seems difficult to translate to pixel form, then yeah, like I said, try going for a simpler (and kind of unique at that) coat first. For me, it's Kirito as long as he's wearing a black long coat / duster + his matching portrait. And yes, try Kage's advice on using Jot5 Sephiroth's coat, although you may have some problems on the back frames because of Seph's hair. :P

And BTW, hi Seushiro~! It's been a while.
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Seushiro

Hey Mike :) Yep almost 4 years away from this hehehe.

I tried doing his black wyvern coat thus the big flaps at the bottom. Also Lazuli is finished :) Where can I find the others?

Seushiro

First Version is done but still need a lot of frames to fix to have smoother animations and less eye sore. Also attached a Golden Helm Delita which I did for fun and a fix to the Sephiroth Hair in the updated JOT5 Sephiroth. I just switch the order of the hair animations instead of 1,2,3,4,5 I did it as 5,4,3,2,1 since I get irritated with the hair pixel which makes it look like the arm is swaying farther.

Kagebunji

Natsu sprite realy came out well, after all the fixes since the first version. I like it a lot :). Good job on the bac frames and its hair, came out WAY better than the first version! As to the portrait, it could use some better shading on the hair. You seem to have your own style on those, but it doesn't fit into FFT much, more like Disgaea style etc.

Check out this thread for easy step by step tutorial Twinees made on how to do portraits. I'm sure you will get a lot out of it.
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9180.0