• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:31:02 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

DO NOT ASK FOR HELP UNLESS YOU HAVE A PLAYABLE DEMO

Started by Xifanie, November 27, 2008, 10:58:22 pm

Xifanie

November 27, 2008, 10:58:22 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
^ topic.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

HatterMadigan

February 10, 2009, 10:56:45 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by HatterMadigan
Like a demo of the game, or the project? What if you need help making the demo? I'm soo confunded! Darn you, Dumbledore! OOOO Harry Potter FFT might be a cool project!

ShadowX

February 10, 2009, 11:10:36 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by ShadowX
Quote from: "HatterMadigan"Like a demo of the game, or the project? What if you need help making the demo? I'm soo confunded! Darn you, Dumbledore! OOOO Harry Potter FFT might be a cool project!

HPFFT...? *smacks head with rolled up newspaper* No! no...

If you need help making a demo itself then you should have no intention of finishing the patch... Everything you should need for help is already here so help from other member should be asked for only when it's really needed.

Darn you for wasting sticky space!

Asmo X

February 11, 2009, 12:00:41 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
You should have your own demo or something to show that you have the knowledge to carry the patch through. Theres too much bullshit in this forum with people belching out these ridiculous fantasy world story ideas and the inability to turn any of that into an actual patch. Thats where all the hard work is. If you have nothing but a story synopsis, you have nothing.

HatterMadigan

February 13, 2009, 09:36:04 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by HatterMadigan
ShadowX, I was not serious. Harry Potter FFT? That would stink! And what I meant for 'help making a demo' was if they needed stuff like sprites. "WTH I NEED CUSTOM SPRITES!" You know? I mean, that is what's stumbling me right now. I can't find no custom sprite making guide!

Xifanie

February 13, 2009, 09:53:52 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Obviously anyone who makes a topic about their patch think they'll finish it. Whoever most don't know the amount of work it requires, and just give up.
I don't want the spriters to make custom sprites for a patch project that will just end up dying. It goes for every kind of work, not just spriting.

In your case, as you are gonna do the sprites yourself just ask in the sprites section.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Zozma

February 13, 2009, 10:38:43 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
has anyone used the "Karsten" sprite? also the Zodiac sprite was made for a project that died, but i think the sprites can still be useful for everyone O.o
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Archael

February 13, 2009, 10:41:40 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "Zozma"has anyone used the "Karsten" sprite? also the Zodiac sprite was made for a project that died, but i think the sprites can still be useful for everyone O.o

yes

if anything I like seeing those sprites on there just for collection purposes

that custom sprites section keeps track of completed sprites

it is a good section

I like it .

dwib

February 13, 2009, 11:18:48 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dwib
i agree. the jenna (golden sun) sprite is being used in 2 different patches right now, both for lavian. more custom sprite diversity would be wonderful

HatterMadigan

February 14, 2009, 01:02:50 am #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by HatterMadigan
I don't recommend making sprites for projects that will just KAPOOT! That is why I request a guide.

Xifanie

February 14, 2009, 09:48:24 am #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Quote from: "Zozma"has anyone used the "Karsten" sprite? also the Zodiac sprite was made for a project that died, but i think the sprites can still be useful for everyone O.o
I was mostly thinking on the of EVTCHR sprites.

Zalge

February 14, 2009, 10:02:06 am #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zalge
I'm gunna be using both Zodiac and Karsten in my patch =D

@Dwib: And I'm using Jenna. But... Jenna is going to be playing herself.