• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:08:28 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFTA Tournament?

Started by looper, July 09, 2012, 03:13:21 pm

looper

Posting it in General, because I'm not sure whether this could be considered as a suggestion.

I've seen the FFT:Arena Mod and the tournaments... Did you ever thought about a FFTA-Tournament? (I don't know whether FFT had Multiplayer and whether it works with Emulators^^)
There's the possibility to battle against each other and with the VBA-Link you could battle over the Internet. You could also use a rebalanced Patch^^
With each sentence I believe more and more, that this should be written in "Suggestions"...
As someone who played FFTA before FFT(and never player FFT for long, sorry) and whose PC is too slow to emulate FFT properly I really like the Idea of such a tournament.

What do you think?
Be always yourself.
Except you can be Batman. Then be Batman.

I have the feeling, that my language is... bad. Really.

Eternal

I really like this idea, but I'm biased, so... :P
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Ace of Spades

Is this idea still up? I am willing to participate.
Upon seeing this thread, I had to register an account on this site just to reply.

Eternal

I see no reason why we couldn't do this. Give me some time to get things together. :)
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Ace of Spades

As do I.
I need to update my FFTA files. It's been a while since I last played it.

Eternal

Do you have MSN/AIM? If so, it'd be easier to organize it with you through that.

Ace of Spades

I do not, unfortunately.
What medium shall we use for the said event?

Eternal

I think it could be handled similarly to how we handle FFT Arena, in that the matches can be recorded and commented over and then posted on Youtube.

There are a few things I'd like to suggest though:

-I'd like to use FFTA: GG as a base, to test the job balance in action with real players, and even though it's a beta currently, it's already leaps and bounds more balanced than the original.

-Levels would be maxed out, gear can be decided on later.

I know there's an emulator out there that supports multiplayer GBA, but I have no clue what it is.

FFMaster

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Ace of Spades

That's what I use.
VBA Link has a built-in server that you can execute and a player can join via IP.
Another way is through the use of Hamachi or Xfire and connect through LAN.

I'd be happy to help setting up/designing the main forum thread when we make this official.

looper

Back from hell...

Did anyone ever made a link with FFTA via VBA-Link? It doesn't seem to work. (For me)
Be always yourself.
Except you can be Batman. Then be Batman.

I have the feeling, that my language is... bad. Really.