• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:11:03 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Journey of the Five - Chapter 1 DOWNLOAD HERE! (Current Version v1.97e)

Started by 3lric, March 25, 2013, 08:13:33 pm

Nyzer

Well, you can rush to late tier mages or Monk/Rogue/Samurai and have them be usable, but you NEED to have SOME of your Five stay at the second tier (or even their base Jobs) or you won't have enough abilities to fight effectively as the game goes on.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Hyraldelita

i personally advance to classes only if i want a specific counter/support skill but not to unlock the class itself.

Chaos657

Hi, i just learned about journey of five and i am loving every bit of it. I think it is better then the actual tactics story, but that is just my opinion. I was curious on something, while i don't mind waiting. I hear that chapter 2 is out, is that true or not? just curious cause i know how rumors can lead to dead ends. Also thank you guys for making Journey of five.

3lric

Thank you, lol.

However, no, Chapter 2 is not out yet. The re-release is still in production and is receiving many hours of work everyday. Chapter 2 and TLW will follow (as well as Jot5 Easytype)
  • Modding version: PSX

Lopen

I just saw some stuff on youtube from DaTruthDT about this and was really interested.  Looks like there's a lot of good work put into this-- looks practically like a legit FFT spinoff release rather than a mod. 

Just curious how close is to this to an actual complete game at this point?  Is the end goal four chapters like vanilla FFT and I'm gonna be hanging just feeling like I'm starting the story when I get through this, or is this more like a Kill Bill type of thing where the chapter is basically a complete game on its own?  Or somewhere in between? 

Angel

While each chapter isn't necessarily a complete story on its own, they do end at a good stopping point, just like chapters in the original game (and really, Kill Bill vol. 1 was the same; Bill's still alive at the end, and so are Bud and Elle).
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Lopen

Yeah, that's sorta what I was getting at there.  Kill Bill definitely isn't a finished story but it holds up well on its own without actually watching 2, but well I don't really agree that applies to vanilla FFT.  I mean sure all the chapters end at logical high points but you're level 10 with most of the classes still locked without massive grinding at the end of chapter 1, ya know, so I couldn't really say that stands up as a complete game too well.  And, really, they (with the exception of chapter 1) despite the timeskips don't really seem like ends of plot arcs to me as much as high spots within the same plot arc. 

There are many ways to structure the story (4 non Ramza characters, 4 complete arcs, 4 chapters, for example) where there could be a sense of conclusion at the end of each chapter, or it could be more of a building thing. 

Just wondering if I should try it nowish or hold off a while since I'm kinda late to the party as is.  Also wondering if it's actually aiming to be four chapters, cause well, the first chapter already seems a bit longer than vanilla FFT's from the glancing I've done.

KingUrameshi

Quote from: Lopen on October 07, 2015, 02:03:18 pm
Just wondering if I should try it nowish or hold off a while since I'm kinda late to the party as is.

I would recommend giving the game a spin as of now. You may have a few questions that would benefit from a test play like difficulty or job progression strategies. The re-release of chapter one which is coming sometime soonish will have many updates to structure and gameplay that will make subsequent playthroughs as fun as an initial playthrough.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You have allies... Friends that would risk their lives, and I am one of them.

Jumza

There are many ways to structure the story (4 non Ramza characters, 4 complete arcs, 4 chapters, for example) where there could be a sense of conclusion at the end of each chapter, or it could be more of a building thing. 

This is what the mod CoP did (or tried to do, it's only 2 chapters long).

Quote from: Lopen on October 07, 2015, 02:03:18 pmJust wondering if I should try it nowish or hold off a while since I'm kinda late to the party as is.

Wait for the re-release! No matter how long it takes, it will be worth it. JoT5 chapter one as it is now vs JoT5 chapter one as it is currently in re-development are two totally different things, with the latter being wayyyyy better. So yeah, wait :)

Also wondering if it's actually aiming to be four chapters, cause well, the first chapter already seems a bit longer than vanilla FFT's from the glancing I've done.

The aim is 4 chapters! 4 long chapters, each are jam packed with awesome stuff, and with things the way they are going now, it will be quite a bit longer than the original.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Hyraldelita

don't forget to add post content things, and as many as you can *-* Even if it's just secret event's or dungeon like deep dungeon. that would make this game as epic as FFT if probably not better lol

3lric

Post content? Do you mean like, NG+? Cuz that's already going to be covered.

DD wasn't post content in vanilla. There was no post content in Vanilla. TLW on the other hand...

Hyraldelita

yea , that is exactly why, it would be the game even more epic if you did add more post content, or is it impossible to get different ending based on in game decision?
I always felt that all the decision you make in the vanilla don't relly influence the story.. it's more like you raise your brave, and make battles harder or nonsensical in some ways XD like Rafa suicide against elmdore or algus suicide in the first battle if you put you want to save them.

i don't know if you planned this in advance or you didn't think about it, or if you thought it would take too much time to do it.

But it would be extremely cool if decision in game decide the outcome of how the story goes on !^^

Well this is just a suggestion anyway, even with just "post game content" like many secret hidden battles if you satisfy some requirement, or very strong bosses, like a ultima weapon xD or something of the sort.

Hidden quest in which you can learn special skill with the 5 main chars, and you can learn them only there!

That would be kinda cool for me !^^

thiagokazuza

Guys, i downloaded the chapter 1 last week and today i've finished it!

The patch is great! The difficulty is great (a little pretty hard sometimes  :shock:).

I haven't explored everything the patch offers, like using 'move find item' in every battle or unlock all jobs, but the game experience is nice!

It's been arround 12~13 years since first time i've played FFT and sometimes i play it again, but i ever wanted a "FFT2" with a FFT's post-ending story or something like that... A new game, with a new story but with the same characters and similar graphics and gameplay.

I'm pretty anxious for the next chapters and I have 3 doubts, (one of them could be a little fool):
1- this "re-release" you are working on will include just the chapter 1 or will it bring more chapters?
2- do you pretend to release the entire patch or will be releasing chapter by chapter?
3- when the chapter 2 is ready, i will have to start the game again, right? in other words, i can't patch over my patch and continue the game when the chapter 1 stopped with my same savegame i have here now. or can i? (may this question got a little bit confusing).

I'm sorry for the writing problems, i'm brazilian and my english isn't very good.

Nice job, guys!

Xifanie

Re-release will be chapter 1, with a massive amount of fixes and a bunch of new awesome features.
Every release will be the entire mod up to that point (ch3 release will include ch1+ch2).
Ch2 will use the re-release as a base, you will not need to go through ch1 again if you did so with the re-release.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

blackdreamnr

i tried to patch my clean iso, software 6.60 pro fix3 it crash :(

my ISO is the slow removal patch or? do i need the fist? :( i wanna play this awsome master piece :(

Angel

Does not work with WotL. It will never work with WotL. PSX version only.

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame

blackdreamnr

Angel

PSN version won't work either. It will not patch to an EBOOT. You must patch to an unaltered in any way plain PlayStation CD-ROM image.

blackdreamnr

ahh.. -_- , i hope this will be fix for psp , ty for the info sir

3lric

No, Jot5 will never use WotL. It's not a 'fix'. It's just simply never going to happen.

Upon Re-release we will have a version you will be able to convert with PSX2PSP and use with POPSLoader. This is the best you are going to get. Seriously, I'd rather have undead Jebus rip my nails out with tweezers than work on WotL.