• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:18:40 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Journey of the Five - Chapter 1 DOWNLOAD HERE! (Current Version v1.97e)

Started by 3lric, March 25, 2013, 08:13:33 pm

shoruke

GUYS
GUISE
I FOUND A TYPO
(whoopdy frick, right?)

When This Knight goes up to Delita (after Ramza and co. try to leave Golgorand), and he's like "Cyan lookalike #1 is dead" and Delita summons Cyan Lookalike #2 and tells him "Get ready to gp."

Took me three tries to figure that one out. "Don't they use Gil in Ivalice? And... what is he- OH it's a typo, okay."

3lric

hahahaha, alright thank you, I'll make sure it's fixed for the next release.
  • Modding version: PSX

tiamat234

Not wanting to sound like a douche nor anything but i just think that the guest AI should be re-checked because i swear that it's dumber than it was on vanilla FFT or 1.3 because seriously, i had to take the command item out from my guests everytime because all they did was to use potions and P.D when they were not needed to. Minor complain but still... It's already quite troublesome to gather money and buy stuff on this mod and with those stupid AI this only gets more and more agravating.

RavenOfRazgriz

All of your Guests in Chapter 1 come with 2-3 Levels in Priest, Monk, and Knight, all of which have curative abilities that don't eat your Gil.  You'd have less problems if you resisted the 1.3 tendency to immediately put Item on all your Guests.  :v

The AI is the same, you just notice it more because it actually affects your wallet here.

tiamat234

...I feel like a complete dumbass for not doing this sooner..... -Atomic facepalm-

Barren

It could be just me but isn't the monster skills are a bit broken. Choco Cure healing for a lot pending on current HP or one of Babus's skills giving defend, protect, shell, and regen.

Hate to sound like I'm complaining but I feel some of the monster skills are pretty broken.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

3lric

This is intentional. Beastmaster is suppose to be an asshole. His entire job is to buff monsters

shoruke

Yeah, Babus was a dick, even more here than FFTA  :shock:. Protip, take down the beastmaster first, or he'll spam monster-type reraise on everything you try to hurt.

Also, so many character, I can't choose which ones to bring  :(
(2 minutes later) oh right, we bring the ones that aren't guests...

Germ

I came across Journey of the Five by chance a few days ago on youtube and I just had to check it out myself.The original final fantasy tactics is one of my favorite games of all time and I believe you all have made a truly worthy sequel. I honestly couldn't believe someone was making a very legit sequel to one of my all time favorite games. This was especially satisfying to me as I have been longing for a TRUE sequel to tactics since the first time I completed the game years ago. When I first played the original tactics i always couldn't wait for the next cutscene to see what was gonna happen next and that is exactly how I felt playing Journey of the Five this past weekend. I can't describe to you how excited I am to play the next chapter (especially after that cliffhanger) and see who will pop up in the story next!! I will be checking back here on the forums frequently to check on the Journey of the Five progress thread. Journey of the Five is seriously at the top of my most anticipated games list!!  Again, FANTASTIC work guys and I hope chapter 2 is here sooner than later!!!

3lric

Quote from: Germ on January 20, 2014, 08:33:38 am
I came across Journey of the Five by chance a few days ago on youtube and I just had to check it out myself.The original final fantasy tactics is one of my favorite games of all time and I believe you all have made a truly worthy sequel. I honestly couldn't believe someone was making a very legit sequel to one of my all time favorite games. This was especially satisfying to me as I have been longing for a TRUE sequel to tactics since the first time I completed the game years ago. When I first played the original tactics i always couldn't wait for the next cutscene to see what was gonna happen next and that is exactly how I felt playing Journey of the Five this past weekend. I can't describe to you how excited I am to play the next chapter (especially after that cliffhanger) and see who will pop up in the story next!! I will be checking back here on the forums frequently to check on the Journey of the Five progress thread. Journey of the Five is seriously at the top of my most anticipated games list!!  Again, FANTASTIC work guys and I hope chapter 2 is here sooner than later!!!

I love comments like this. Thank you very much, glad you enjoyed it. We will definitely try to get Ch2 out sooner than later, but as always, quality comes
first ;)

Chapter 2 is already very well into production though, I will update the Ch2 progress thread once The Lion War mod I'm working on with a couple other people is finished
(should be in the next week or so) and I can finally get back to Jot5 eventing.

Germ

Sounds great.Very much looking forward to it.I seen you made a post somewhere where your projected a first quarter of this year release.I was just wondering if that was still on schedule.

3lric

Quote from: Germ on January 21, 2014, 04:40:56 am
Sounds great.Very much looking forward to it.I seen you made a post somewhere where your projected a first quarter of this year release.I was just wondering if that was still on schedule.

As far as I can tell, it should be, but I also cannot make promises, as the testing process can always turn up issues that take a bit of time to work out :P

XperimntNterror

I just decided to create an account just so I could give two big thumbs up for this project! Like the other poster above, I only came across this by complete accident and I think, so far, it's some pretty amazing stuff and I can't wait for more.

In an age with so much quantity over quality, it can be easy to get jaded and just say, "forget this hobby", so it's pretty refreshing to find people dedicating so much of their time to something that so obviously shows a passion for what they do. I'm convinced some of the best games of the last few years are fanmade, homebrews... seriously.

It's too bad I'm not a programmer or anything of the sort myself. If I were, I'd gladly chip in to help get this finished, but all I can do is wait.

Keep up the awesome work to everyone involved with this! You've earned a new fan for sure and I will be keep up with how things progress.

Cloudf7nal

I'm clicking the link to download this and absolutely nothing is happening. Can you tell me what's going on?

3lric

I'm not sure, it's working fine for me O_o

EDIT:
@XperimntNterror

Sorry I missed your post before, but thank you, it's feedback like this that keeps us going, if you enjoyed
Chapter 1 than Chapter 2 will definitely not disappoint!

TigerBlade

Quote from: Elric on March 10, 2014, 07:22:01 pm
Sorry I missed your post before, but thank you, it's feedback like this that keeps us going, if you enjoyed
Chapter 1 than Chapter 2 will definitely not disappoint!

You have no idea how excited I am to play Chapter 2.  We're all waiting on an official ETA... (hint, hint)

I've been getting a lot of my coworkers hooked on this too.  Great work thus far!

Cloudf7nal

Ok I finally got it to work. I understand that this is compatible with psx emulator. It's not working when I go to run it as an ISO. Do I have to run it some other way?

3lric

Nope you should be able to load it fine.

First verify that your vanilla iso loads in pSX. If it does patch again
With only the JoT5 patch.

If your vanilla iso doesn't load then you either have an issue with your
Iso or your emulator

FrozenDragon150

Have you considered porting this to PSP? I REALLY want to play this, specially considering that I have always dreamed of a TLOZ and FF (Ivalice) crossover.

Off-topic:
Does the Lion Editor work with WOTL patches? I'm really not grind-heavy.