• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:36:15 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Jumza

June 02, 2013, 10:48:28 pm #2341 Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 11:00:29 pm by Jumza
Thanks for the match so fast Ecthel,

WARNING: Spoiler contains both spoilers of the match, and the game Yggdra Union itself. Proceed with caution!
I knew this would be a loss for me because a) I forgot a couple of abilities on some of the units... That's me team building while studying for exams :roll: and b) 90% of the status' hit me. I need more status protection, or something anyway.

For those of you who know of the game Yggdra Union, this is pretty much what happened to me in this fight.

I'm sorry too Elena, but I will continue to re-work this team, possibly switch out some of the characters for other members of the royal army, until it's as awesome as it's name :)

• Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

reinoe

Must have a couple of members still in High School.  When I heard about examinations I thought, my god your semester lasts forever.
My dreams can come true!

Ecthel

WHAT ARE YOU DOING

some people haven't played it yet, somehow

Jumza

Well... My team has Elena in it... That's a pretty huge spoiler in itself :P

Oh yeah, Ecthel check out the Ivalicians abroad sprite contest we have going on, I've submitted Yggdra Union styled art for it :)
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Ecthel

June 04, 2013, 02:06:27 pm #2346 Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 02:23:00 pm by Ecthel
Man, back to back to back RNG troll :p

GGs Barren. Also, is it just me, or is Chakra + Reraise really really good?

TrueLight

I should probably cover that fire weakness...yeah. GG reinoe.

Otabo

June 14, 2013, 09:37:45 pm #2352 Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 09:43:37 pm by Otabo
Samurai was definetly the MVP with her Don't Move/Slow 2 barrage, limiting Zareb's turns and movement, allowing the rest of the team to continue to work together to keep each other alive and SLOWLY, but surely take down the monks and geos. And wow at all of those missed Secret Fists. The RNG - tis a cruel mistress. GG, Zareb.

On another note, I thought Neutralization would turn out to be a failure team, but it actually isn't too bad. Gonna have to find a way to add more DPS, though. Probably gonna change that squire up a bit.

Zareb

First wanna say this:  I was laughing at first when the first four or five Secret Fists missed, but after that it was pretty infuriating, to be honest.  LOL.  Besides that, it was an entertaining match.  Samurai was certainly MVP since she caused my Monks to go into debuffing loops.  Also, Oil was definitely useful!  Paladin was annoying, as well, but it was really that Samurai that put me in my place!  Blackmail was annoying, too, and damn that Slow....

Secret Fist... missed!  Secret Fist... missed!  I'm going to have nightmares about this match for quite a while now.

GG, Otabo!

Yup, you were right about the Geomancers and their lower HP... definitely didn't want the Monks to be targeted often!  It's too bad that I didn't post my newest version of the team sooner... if you liked this version of Browncoats, I think you may like my newest version even more.  Let me know what you think of the changes, and thanks for recording and sitting through that match.
Now your blood travels through the veins of our history
It bursts forth in boiling black clouds from the wrists of kings

reinoe

June 20, 2013, 03:05:28 am #2354 Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 03:26:16 am by reinoe
Quote from: The Damned on April 09, 2013, 09:09:14 pm

1. As I said in one of the videos I posted, I'm experimenting with delaying the intro songs by four seconds and expanding to the team "survey" part to 30 sconds, spending 3 seconds per unit rather than a mere 2 (unless they're filthy, filthy clones--*eyes Superboy*). I figure it's a minute change--possible pun not intended--on both parts, but I think it might make the intro less audibly jarring (on certain songs, like aforementioned "Cutting Edge") and the unit set-ups clearer respectively. Is this important?

I don't mind only 2 seconds per unit.  It's youtube.  If there's something I really need to see, I'll go back and rewatch.

Quote from: The Damned on April 09, 2013, 09:09:14 pm
2. While screwing around with Journey of the 5 last night, I discovered that I can randomly record in-game audio again for seemingly no reason after being unable to for quite some time. I still have no idea what caused it and having in-game audio seems like it will make things more difficult to edit, if only because it's more difficult to cover up my (many) fuck-ups. Still, if people want in-game audio, then I'll try to start doing that (while I can), partly because being able to hear death-cries makes it easier to tell what the hell is going on some maps or during some attacks like Lore. So, do people want in-game audio recorded for (my) videos? And if they do, do they still want music alongside it? Or in-game audio only like Dokurider's videos? (I'm still not doing commentary regardless.)

I actually don't want in-game audio.  I like it just music only.  This isn't because it detracts or attracts.  It's because each uploader has their own unique little style that varies slightly. 

Barren does music+in game audio+commentary.

Otabo does music+in-game audio+commentary+random sound effects.

CT5HOLY does pre-match/post match/during match analysis with in game audio.(and sometimes records his housemates and phonecalls)

Dokurider has extensive pre-match writeups and in-game audio

TheDamned uses music only.
My dreams can come true!

Reks

I did a match with commentary as well. That was a long while ago, though, and that particular account got lost in Youtube's stupidity.

But when I get another proper mike, and plenty of time, I can pitch in my own stuff. It won't be unique to me: I might incorporate what Doku does occasionally, do pre and post match commentary like CT5Holy. I'm never consistent with that, but that's what makes me unique compared to the others.

Anyway, i'll be leaving very, very soon. I can visit here while at sea, but i'll have no way to watch the videos (Youtube is blocked) until I get to a port, so I myself don't mind a few spoilers, since most of the time I'd rather be touring than watching vids. I'll watch my own, because i'm biased that way (just kidding, i'll watch whichever ones are recommended to me).
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

CT5Holy

CT5Holy (Poison Frog) vs Avalanche (S1)

I did the vid a bit differently; I'm curious to know what you guys think.

Dun feel like 'publishing' the team yet, though it's pretty easy to recreate since I show the unit setups + I talked about how the team works =P
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Barren

Holy crap that team looks fearsome!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Avalanche

Quote from: CT5Holy on June 21, 2013, 04:25:16 am
CT5Holy (Poison Frog) vs Avalanche (S1)

I did the vid a bit differently; I'm curious to know what you guys think.

Dun feel like 'publishing' the team yet, though it's pretty easy to recreate since I show the unit setups + I talked about how the team works =P

After seeing that my motivation to spend some time to optimate a Team for the next tournament has inceased.

Otabo

The team reminds me of my Lucky Number 108 Team; similar concept, just different approaches/setups.