• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:57:29 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

How to Download?

Started by Arganthonius, January 22, 2010, 05:43:46 am

Arganthonius

hi everyone. i want to download this patch  but i don't know how. i tried the patches link but it doesn't show me any thing.

jimmyjw88

Sir Zozma didn't release any demo.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

DarthPaul

I have the test somewhere. Will probably keep hold on it till I hear from Zoz.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Zozma

I did not release a demo, however i see that it ended up on the downloads page somehow.

theres a problem with the new attack.out editor thar resets my scenario orders and messes up warjilis. that patch might be bugged up if that is the case. I cant confirm that anyway
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Cheetah

ZOZMAAAA!!!!!!!! Check out the map editor it is amazing and LD is getting too busy to hang out with us.
Current Projects:

Smitson

Quote from: "Zozma"I did not release a demo, however i see that it ended up on the downloads page somehow.

theres a problem with the new attack.out editor thar resets my scenario orders and messes up warjilis. that patch might be bugged up if that is the case. I cant confirm that anyway

Maybe its just me ... but I haven't seen a demo of Remix anywhere. Including the download page.

Shade

Upupupu...

Zetsubou

jimmyjw88

No demo was release, guys. There's FFT Remix project at the Patches section but no files because no demo.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Zozma

I can't download anything cheetah, I haven't had Internet for months. Only my phone. Does this map editor assist w attack.out issues as well because um I'm tired of doing that stuff w a hex editor. I'm also tired of doing event scenes lol... I'm just working on battles which are hard as hell as is. I upgraded guest agrias btw, she had cids stats but w more speed, and has short charge lv3 white Mage secondary. Best guest only unit in the game now, she's a fuckin tank and it's still not enough.

Cheetah

Well Zodiac released a pretty complete Attack.out editor for most things. The map editor just lets you change all the major stuff with the map, but the map variant stuff is still likely easier just changing in attack.out, but you could certainly do it manually with the map editor as well. I forgot about the no internet thing.
Current Projects:

BloodyBlade

Zozma! Heh Your internet off too bro? Same here. Been offline since December. So  I check my email and stuff at my parents until I move. But yea...

Zozma

cheeta the latest attack out editor is still useless to me because it resets the event orders i had changed around back to default. using it totally removes my "warjilis" battle and causes the game to loop after delita meeds ramza at the warjilis port

Xifanie

Like I asked before, what are you referring to?
I've changed the width of many events, moved events around with no problem whatsoever using the last version of attack.out + event conditions + world instructions.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Zozma

a long time ago Lasting Dawn and I rearranged some event numbers in attack out using a hex editor.

specifically, we made it so, right after the scene where you meet delita at warjilis port you enter a battle at warjilis trade city. to do this we stole the event from the fight vs quecklain "inside lionel castle" and then to make the fight vs quecklain appear normally, we stole the event at grog hill which now only has the after scene and no battle beforehand.

but upon using the attackout editor for anything and saving, once the scene with ramza and delita at warjilis port ends, instead of going to the warjilis trade city battle, it just starts a battle at warjilis port with the ramza copies that were used for that scene's event animated characters. if you win this battle it puts you back on the map but the events dont seem to connect anymore.

formerdeathcorps

Quote from: "Zozma"a long time ago Lasting Dawn and I rearranged some event numbers in attack out using a hex editor.

specifically, we made it so, right after the scene where you meet delita at warjilis port you enter a battle at warjilis trade city. to do this we stole the event from the fight vs quecklain "inside lionel castle" and then to make the fight vs quecklain appear normally, we stole the event at grog hill which now only has the after scene and no battle beforehand.

but upon using the attackout editor for anything and saving, once the scene with ramza and delita at warjilis port ends, instead of going to the warjilis trade city battle, it just starts a battle at warjilis port with the ramza copies that were used for that scene's event animated characters. if you win this battle it puts you back on the map but the events dont seem to connect anymore.

Are you sure the version of ATTACK.OUT the editor is referencing is from your patched ISO?  If the ATTACK.OUT file is from an earlier version, then naturally, it will not contain your changes.  By always downloading new versions of ATTACK.OUT with CD Mage into my editor, I've never encountered this problem.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Zozma

i always take the most current version of my ATTACK.OUT file when opening it with the editor.... making a backup, i tested it by simply opening the file, then saving it again and putting it back in, and what i mentioned above was the result of my test.

Xifanie

can you give me your attack.out so that I can check myself?
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Zozma

sure ill pm it to you once i get home after work

Xifanie

OK, I tested and this is the differences I found after messing with the files.
Lots of squad edits, which doesn't seem to be harmful. My editor is adding a flag or something by force.
And
11952: 0x02EB
Now like you said, that's a scenario number...
But why 0x02EB???? Inside Lionel is 0x00C4
0x02EB is not even a valid scenario number. The editor can't reach that value in the list, so it resets it to 0x0000; hence the buggy event.
Also why you hex edited when you can just select the value in Next Scen. is beyond me.

Zozma

this was done before your editor ever existed...

trust me it does work even if it says its not a valid scenario number...

Inside of lionel, i took that one because it had a special action in between the start and end of the event where ramza says something at half hp or something.

i used that to make it so Ignis teleports out if she lost too much hp, but i didnt get it quite right. so now ramza doesn't have that line at lionel castle