• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:19:38 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Mercenaries Weapon Sprite Production

Started by Archael, August 10, 2009, 11:27:01 am

mav

Here are mockups of the new weapon palettes. One of 'em is supposed to be bright, with some extreme contrast (the idea is that it looks fiery). The other is...messy. It looks like some kind of seaweed palette. I figured I'd post 'em, before I leave  them on my computer and forgot about 'em again...Gimme some ideas.

Oh and some of the weapons look messed up, that's because I just copied stuff over the sheets without regard to what new items went where.

jimmyjw88

Ooo..Lovely ^^
Wait, so this is that unfinish spritesheet?
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

mav

I need to copy the palettes to the WEP.bmp file and then copy the Mercenaries weapons over the sheet; then it'll be ready. I don't quite like the second palette though...the darker greens don't look right to me. I like the red one though, so I might as well copy that over soon.

jimmyjw88

Red is nice. Green may look a little dull.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Vanya

I prefer the red one. The other needs a bit of work yet. ^_^
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

mav

I looked at it and decided that I wanted to keep the yellows from the original, "incomplete" sheet, but couldn't come up with anything to go with it. I'll just have to go back to the drawing board.

Vanya

Have you gotten anywhere with the second palette yet, Mav?
If not, mind if I take a crack at it?
¯\(°_0)/¯

mav

I worked on it a bit, but didn't save my work. But please feel free to create a new palette. The more the merrier--I'm sure you'll come up with something great.

Vanya

BTW, where are we on the custom graphics side?
I still need to try to make a rifle graphic, & finish researching the possible extra graphics slots I can squeeze outta this file.
¯\(°_0)/¯

mav

I think the Bec de Corbins had a couple issues, the claws were ready, and the cards were still being tweaked. I don't remember completely though...

Vanya

I thought I finished the cards? o.O
I'll look at the crow's beak to see what it needs.
What about the whip weapons? Is that still needed?
¯\(°_0)/¯

mav

Were the cards finished? Like I said, I couldn't remember...you're probably right though. The whips definitely need some major fixing--the shape is okay right now, but they need some better shading and style. I'll look through this topic tonight and get back to you on what else (if anything) is needed.

Vanya

OK. Has LD shown up recently? I'd like to get his feedback on this.
¯\(°_0)/¯

mav

I dunno where LD is...It's been about two weeks or so since he last stopped by.

Anyways, all that needs to be added are the rifles (if possible). Both versions of the claws and the Bec de Corbins need to be tested (and if you haven't tested the cards, then those too). The whips need to be redesigned. Other than that, we're set: I attached the latest WEP.bmp a page or two back (it has both claws, the Becs, the whips, and the cards).

Vanya

I talked to him a bit last night. He's busy with college. So he'll be AWOL for a while.

Coolio. I'll mess with those tonight.
¯\(°_0)/¯

mav

Ah, many thanks for all this, Vanya: it's good to hear that LD is doing okay (busyness aside). Do you need/want any help with the other new weapon palette?

Vanya

February 02, 2010, 05:44:07 pm #96 Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 12:00:35 am by Vanya
Yeah, sure. Working together will get this done faster.
¯\(°_0)/¯

mav

Alright, well here's the palette I created. Again, I'm trying to retain the yellows left over originally, but finding nice companion shades is tough. Green, purple, yellow, and beige--is this any good? By the way, does anyone have the .PAL of the original weapon spritesheet?

SilvasRuin

I like it, but you seem to have some strange overlaps from the custom stuff and the default.  Could you remove one or the other?

jimmyjw88