• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Now Playing

Started by Cheetah, April 03, 2008, 09:31:33 am

Aquablack

December 20, 2009, 11:28:41 pm #660 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Aquablack
Fun times, I like to get 3 friends together. 4 player is awesome, especially in the fort and castle stages.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

SilvasRuin

December 21, 2009, 01:38:19 am #661 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
Quote from: "Aquablack"Fun times, I like to get 3 friends together. 4 player is awesome, especially in the fort and castle stages.
And situations like those are why they added in the function of the large A button...

That's how me and my cousin got through those parts.  He would bubble himself to get out of my way since I was better at the tough spots.

woodenbandman

December 21, 2009, 10:34:24 am #662 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by woodenbandman
My friends and I got to world 8 in a day (we took the warp cannon), I don't think I'd want to continue playing, there's not much replay valuse and the controls are dildos.

SilvasRuin

December 21, 2009, 02:16:36 pm #663 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
Nah, the controls are just as good as the old classics, if not better.  You just need to learn fast for the tilt/rotation/etc gimmicks.  Me and my cousin beat it in a day.  It was crazy and awesome at the end.  Just frustrating enough to be extremely satisfying when we won.

...World 8 was the first time I had to use any continues.  It's level designs are rather evil...  We kind of skipped the cloud world though, so who knows, that might would have been just as bad.

PX_Timefordeath

December 22, 2009, 09:05:22 pm #664 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by PX_Timefordeath
Borderlands is very damn fun. It's like the loot whoring of Blizzard combined with a fun FPS.

SolidSnakeDog

December 23, 2009, 09:39:34 am #665 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
Quote from: "SilvasRuin"Me and my cousin beat it in a day.

Too bad i dont really have a partener to add the fun.
Only thing i hate about mario games is the games are too short for me.

Playing this game with 4 people is really hard. You keep jumping on someone head by mistake and kill him by making him/her falling off a pit or throwing a turtle or other stuff like that.

Samuraiblackbelt

December 26, 2009, 12:35:42 pm #666 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Samuraiblackbelt
now playing Half Life 2. I wish I had been able to play Half Life 1, because the story is really confusing. I really like he gameplay though, it's a nice change from the normal war time FPSs.
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

Dominic NY18

December 26, 2009, 01:07:47 pm #667 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dominic NY18
I'm now playing New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles, and CoD: Modern Warfare 2.

woodenbandman

December 26, 2009, 02:51:22 pm #668 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by woodenbandman
New super mario bros Wii has terrible controls. They're unresponsive and brawlified. There is no point to incorporating all the gimmicky shitty functions, and the controller feels like ass in your hands, because it's even smaller and stupider than a fuckin NES controller. The physics are like swimming in jello, the same thing that ruined Super Smash Bros Brawl (which is why Melee will always be the superior game). Wall Jumping is ridiculously difficult without a joystick, and a joystick would've just made the game better in every way.

Furthermore the music sucks and has none of the charm of the old games. Fuck this reggae steel drum synth noise.

I just picked up Conker's BAd Fur Day and Diddy Kong Racing, those two eternal classics. I'm gonna play through Diddy kong racing first, while my sister is playing through bag fur day.

SolidSnakeDog

December 26, 2009, 02:54:22 pm #669 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
Conker bad fur Day...lol the frist time i played it i was like...wtf?  :shock:
Great variety i mush say. Lot of jokes in there too. Gameplay not....this good but the hmm...*story* make up for it greatly.

Luminar

December 27, 2009, 03:58:35 pm #670 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Luminar
Dragon Age Origins, really good game, cant believe i didnt get this asap, and Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 on the PS3 every now and then, if anyone wants to play or w/e my PSN is LuminarII.

Eternal

December 27, 2009, 04:20:06 pm #671 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Eternal248
Dragon Age is totally sucking up my time right now- but I have to admit, I can't find a character I really want to stick with.

My favorite character thus far has been my Ranger, but I find Mages to be quite fun as well.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

SilvasRuin

December 29, 2009, 04:02:33 am #672 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
QuoteWall Jumping is ridiculously difficult without a joystick
I wasn't going to dispute your statements at first thinking that you just simply didn't like the controls, but this statement right here sealed the coffin on my opinion of your statements.  To be perfectly honest, it sounds like you just suck.

Though the bits where you had to tilt the controller for those gimmicky platforms and lights were rather poor and annoying no matter how you look at it.  The only good part about them is the mayhem it causes when one player causes an end of the platform to lift when another player was only just barely going to be able to make the jump to begin with.

My PSP's display (not screen, the innards that project the image) wound up busted, so until I get it replaced I'm back on my DS.  I've been doing a sort of minmax run of FFTA2 to try and stave off boredom, making sure their speed goes up every level and I only level them up in the jobs with good growths.  ...I want my PSP fixed so much.  :cry:  I was just about to look into Vagrant Story and Dissidia too.  Why couldn't it have waited for Golden Sun DS?

PX_Timefordeath

January 03, 2010, 09:06:20 pm #673 Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 12:18:43 am by PX_Timefordeath
Whatever's in my PSP AKA:
【初音ミク Project DIVA】
らき☆すた ネットアイドル・マイスター
Holy Invasion of Privacy Badman! What Did I Do to Deserve This?
And thanks to LD, Vagrant Story

Half Minute Hero

30 seconds until the world ends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Samuraiblackbelt

now playing Assassin's creed II and Bad Company
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

woodenbandman

Quote from: "SilvasRuin"
QuoteWall Jumping is ridiculously difficult without a joystick
I wasn't going to dispute your statements at first thinking that you just simply didn't like the controls, but this statement right here sealed the coffin on my opinion of your statements.  To be perfectly honest, it sounds like you just suck.

Why did they create a system that allows you to use a perfectly operable joystick, and then create games that force you to hold their shitty wii mote in two hands? Why not let you use a Gamecube controller? Why not even use the wii classic controller?

Those tilty things fucked up absolutely everything. With a gamecube controller, it could've been way better.

Smash

Dissidia.

In consecuence, ALL internet activity will be put on hold for a few days.

Vanya

CV - Dawn of Sorrow: Julius Mode.
MM9
¯\(°_0)/¯

Nocat

MM9 is decent after the TELP patch, ive yet to complete it though.

Vanya

Actually I meant MegaMan9. ^_^
¯\(°_0)/¯