• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Barren

A tribute gauntlet sounds really good. I appreciate that. You can use whatever team you guys want. Should be interesting as to see what happens.

Some of my teams are old and I'm not sure how they will hold up.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

dw6561

Well you got your payback...it looks like everyone's happy. Lol the map selection just didn't work out too well for me and that scholar's stick is deadly even without the sleep. All the statuses didn't help either. Also of course I only get the high cover fire roles when my archer is charmed. GG and best of luck Barren.

Why did the thief use solution on the first turn? AI quirkiness rears its head again.
  • Modding version: PSX
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

Barren

January 23, 2016, 06:14:58 pm #4743 Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 08:54:10 pm by Barren
Thank you TrueLight for the gauntlet video. Your work as much appreciated as anything else you've ever did so far. Big thumps up to you sir! And thanks everyone for your support. You guys are great as always!

Round 1 charm helped me out quite a bit including landing some timely talk skill from my thief. Perhaps maybe if I were to do an undead thief with the most protection possible I could do equip shield and give her genji shield since undeads can still die to consecration. Though unyielding is still a great choice too for damage. I'll have to think about that whenever I decide to edit the team. Round 2 I got obliterated by GC. Nuff said. Round 3 was a good back and forth. Charm clinched it in the end. Counter also helped put an end to hereobal. GG Heroebal. Your team is nothing to laugh at for sure.

Both rounds were decided once the geos went down. But round 2 it was a lot tougher for me to do it this time because of the duo tornados. Thankfully my scholar really couldn't be touched unless a random armor break occurred. The sandbag loop held on long enough for me to make a comeback there. GG Epic. While I do like your team's concept, you do lack in resurrection quite a bit aside from reraise which doesn't always save the day. Still your offense was strong.

The early on stop procs did me in early. Then again, this team wasn't meant to be taken seriously considering that its mostly a fun team. Charm did land but wasn't enough, too much geomancy damage to handle. This would really make people consider bringing magic defend up and/or auto shell to the mix. GG CT5Holy, its probably one of the more stronger teams you created.

the silence song in round 1 had me on the back foot since your lancer can deal so much damage. I'm glad my archer acted intelligent and got rid of the silence proc though maybe I should consider lowering the team's speed a little in favor for a bit more protection. I still want to maintain speed though emphasizing speed advantage with haste/slow. I can most likely come up with something when the new patch comes out. And for the large maps it was easy for my team to pick off Dol's units. GG Dol, I'm sure you'll be able to get your groove again

At least my team got to pull off some reflect stuff but for a gimmick team it was really little to no match for a more serious competitive team. Since my team was too dedicated to reflect it couldn't muster any serious offense whatsoever. GG silenkaster. Your team is actually really good. Its no wonder you made it to the final three last season.

Round 1 was a close one, your magic hit pretty hard and I wasn't sure if I was going to come back from that. My ninja was MVP here dodging spells at least half the time and scored some timely kills. Round 2 was a much easier encounter for my team after that early on seal evil. GG corosar. Your soul squad put up a really good fight. I'm sure your team will do fine in later encounters

My ninja going down early had me worried for a moment since your gunners are great and picking opponents off from range and that they are 100% (aside from projectile guard). The status sleep and zombie combos finally kicked in for me to capitalize. I was a bit surprised your chemist decided to attack more than heal. Oh AI. GG Reks, your team for a gimmick team was cool to see in action

I knew the risks involved using cursed ring and it back fired on me a lot especially in round 2. Those cover fires are pretty scary to go up against. I was steamrolled in both rounds, one of them just happened to prolong my defeat. Plus the RNG wasn't on my side at all here. Especially when the undeads didn't get back up for me. GG Shintroy, I wouldn't be surprised if you enter season 5 with that exact team

Indeed I do get payback. The status really helped out in the long run and my scholar was as deadly as ever. I was surprised that I got a hurricane proc kill considering how low the odds were. Hopefully 1.4 will give the windslash bow a bit of a buff in terms of proc chances. Having reraise is nice too when you can heal yourself immediately. GG dw. It's always fun battling you in the name of AI. And to answer your question, I dunno (or Audino). But I gave my thief talk skill and solution for the purpose of lowering the chances of raise 1/2 hitting me should my speed be high enough to attempt to use solution. I know how good short charge is. Maybe magic ruin may have been better. We'll see next chance I get editting it.

Round 1 made me want to rip my hair out of my head for how insanely lucky you got. Your thief hit every single charm and stop proc. Round 2 same thing only somehow I managed to conquer the RNG wanting me dead (apparently) and finally it was a blow out in round 3 with so much AoE, your team just got squished! GG SweetCherryBoyJP. Your thief was MVP despite it driving me crazy. But of course my team was slower so it made sense for it to happen.

As far as when I do decide to come back it all depends on how my schedule is in terms of working on the new youtube channel I want to do and work since I'm trying to get more hours in and taking time off from college. It also depends on when the new FFT Arena patch comes out. Hopefully FFMaster will rise from the grave and make some much needed changes to make it feel fresh. Or maybe someone will take his place in doing it. We'll see what happens when summer hits. Whenever you guys got season 5 planned, count me in. I don't know if I'll host but I'll definitely participate when I can come up with something good. Until then, once again thank you for the 5 plus years I put into making the FFT Arena videos and tourneys for you to watch them and be entertained. It's great being part of a community with all of you guys in it

Reks

Despite my ambivalence lately to recording and playing games, I'd be happy to help host another tourney.

I probably wouldn't offer commentary, but doing matches quickly isn't too bad.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Corosar

Quote from: TrueLight on January 22, 2016, 10:41:39 pm
FFT Arena 1.39C - Barren Edition

Great going away gift for Barren. i wish the best for him with his channel! and definately hope to see him around a bit every so often.

Great first round on my end... not sure how i could improve that unless i add a way to give MP to my priest... i think that is what finally ended it for me.. my soul (ehh? ehh?) source of MP was downed and he ran dry... ahh well..

As for round two.... wow i got my butt rocked hard... definately deserving of the win barren... i guess the team was just perfectly suited to counter mine. alot of ranged when this team is meant to be more an anti-melee team... ahh well GG barren!
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

Heroebal

Your distraction unit was a much much better distraction this time around. My units spent too many turns trying to deal with her and succumbing to her charm and the opposing unit's offense. Apparently, my paladin isn't as holy as I hired him for :). I may have to give one of the undead archers basic skill set up I think.

Reks

I have the day off (overnight, of course), so I could record a non-commentary match or two.

Anyone have a request?
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Barren

if you want try out my two new teams Reks, go for it

dw6561

January 25, 2016, 06:54:57 pm #4749 Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 07:12:16 pm by dw6561
Sorry I know Reks volunteered to do a match or two, but I wanted to do commentary on Void's team (welcome to FFT Arena by the way!). I don't mean to swipe the opportunity from anyone or anything, so please let me know if you want me to ask first next time. Also I think I kind of botched it a little...not gonna rerecord the fight though.

Void (Dream Eaters) vs. Barren (Way of the Dance):
https://youtu.be/KnRxDtW_V8k

Barren

Welcome to FFT Arena with a victory. My team better functions on large maps for multiple dances and when they are spread apart. Plus i got unlucky with talk skill so that didn't help either. There will be another time for this team to show what it can do. GG Void. Good debut for you

Negative-void07

I beat Barren?woah!
i honestly thought that all of those witch hunts would completely destroy my team but the lucky RNG helped me GG Barren!
A proud member of the corpse brigade/death corps!

silentkaster

Yay! Good job on commentary DW.

Scary wizard was scary. Void, make sure to give your Lancer a shield because that'll come in handy and if nothing else, can give him immunity to dead or +1 speed or something. Plus, even a tiny amount of evasion can turn a match around sometimes. Barren, I think your Mime needs to lose DS and pick up some more disruptive talk skills because the AI will spam DS and your team is a stall team for the most part. Just my opinion though.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Barren

Quote from: silentkaster on January 26, 2016, 10:07:49 am
Yay! Good job on commentary DW.

Scary wizard was scary. Void, make sure to give your Lancer a shield because that'll come in handy and if nothing else, can give him immunity to dead or +1 speed or something. Plus, even a tiny amount of evasion can turn a match around sometimes. Barren, I think your Mime needs to lose DS and pick up some more disruptive talk skills because the AI will spam DS and your team is a stall team for the most part. Just my opinion though.

I was contemplating if back and forth if I want death sentence or refute. After that battle I may just use Refute and while demi does get more range I'm not sure if I should go with short charge anymore because I was trying to get spells off quicker while taking damage well. I'll probably just use Magic Defend UP on my priest for future battles

CT5Holy

Good stuff dw! Commentary was totally fine. My one critique would be to lower the in-game sounds to about 80% of their current volume.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

CT5Holy

Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Heroebal

GG Barren, Barren's team was pretty tanky to take down especially that scholar and lancer combo. I was hoping kagesougi would null opposing mages with silence but it seems like it was just getting in the way of my gameplan. As far as I can tell on the AI using mp restoring item. To me it seems they like to use it on allies especially if it's needed to complete a spell, but they don't like to use the mp item on themselves unless they're's nothing better to do (even there just going for a staff whack >.<).

The battle that almost never ends!!! Luckily your team had bizen boat to end it, GG. *switches move-hp up to move-mp up...* I tested MimesMania against Rouroni's BanHammers that was even worse I had to shut it off. Rouroni was eventually going to win but it might have broke my emulator before it happened.

Heroebal

dw6561(Randumbness) vs Mudvayne (Cover Me)

^^Towards the end of the first round I opted to speed it up and OBS couldn't keep up the recording with the increased framerate speed so it froze and I didn't realize it did that until I watched the recording, so I cut that part out. I'll have to figure out how to fix that or get around that issue for future videos.

CT5Holy (Quick Run) vs Shintroy (Mime Ranged 1)

P.S. I have a new headset, it seems to be working better than the old one.

Barren

You can try other recording software Heroebal that might be a bit better for you. For starters there's fraps or cam studio both of which are free (at least I know cam studio is). So if OBS is still giving you issues try out some of those if you can

dw6561

Those monks are fast...15 effective speed with haste. As a result, my wizard going for spells instead of instant stuff hurt immensely, so cutting down on her spells a little might help. Maybe I should go for just the level 1 spells and maybe the nethers, and get stuff like armor break instead. The monks taking out my DPS units right off the bat (wizard/geo) and not being able to spread out to avoid cover fire assault wasn't the best either. Either way my team was really an experimental team so it obviously needs some improvements. GG.