• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:21:13 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Laboratory Mayhem on Kickstarter! strategy card game by CT5Holy (and others)

Started by CT5Holy, October 12, 2015, 06:30:54 pm

CT5Holy

Hi everyone! I know I'm not around too much / not super involved in anything other than Arena, but I wanted to share with you guys the game I've been working on these last two years!

Four of my friends and I formed a small game design partnership here in California, Lixivium Games. After years of work, we are launching our first game, Laboratory Mayhem, and it's now on Kickstarter! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/821972236/laboratory-mayhem-an-alchemical-strategy-card-game

We've got some more art since this post was first made, and a proper how-to-play video, too.

If you're at all curious about the hundreds of hours that went into the game, please visit the Kickstarter page. Follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook.

Thanks for reading, and I'll be available to answer any questions you guys have!
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Kaijyuu

Looks pretty neat! Card games aren't really my thing so I can't comment much. I can see a lot of effort went into everything though, so praise be to ye for that.
  • Modding version: PSX

Jumza

This does look pretty sweet :o I'm definitely looking into this. Congratulations on making an entire game CT5 :)
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Angel

I have friends who are huge into card games, and I have pointed them your way. Congratulations, and hope you get lots more traffic!
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Eternal

Congrats, CT5! You've got FFH's support! Maybe it'll be the next MtG! ;)
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

3lric

Great job man! I don't really have time to play, but I'll definately buy them to support you guys. How much do the packs run on average?

CT5Holy

Thanks for the enthusiasm and support guys! :D

Elric - packs are at stupidly high $5 (plus shipping) because that's the lowest The Game Crafter will let us sell the packs. =/

3lric

Damn, shit sure has gotten more expensive than when I was playing Pokemon and Magic as a kid (15-17 years ago)

No worries, I'll pickup a couple packs on payday.

CT5Holy

I'd recommend getting one of the starter deck products, honestly - it comes with two decks ready to go, so all you need is a friend if you ever find time to try it out :)
It's also fairly priced (before shipping), unlike the packs =P

3lric

The 17.99 ones? That's not bad. I'll pick one up and try to find some time to play it with my brother.

CT5Holy

Whoa, wtf, it is not supposed to be $18. Hang on, hopefully we can put it back to where it should be.

EDIT: And back to $13. Phew.

3lric

Haha. Yeah my post originally said 12.99 but I thought I made a typo when I got home so I changed it to 17.99 lol

reinoe

My dreams can come true!

CT5Holy

reinoe - there already is a demo / how-to-play video! Silly me for not mentioning it (though we're hoping to do a better version soon).

CT5Holy

Laboratory Mayhem is coming to Seattle! Members of the team will be there from January 2 - January 11, including for OrcaCon. I'll personally be there from the 6th to the 11th. We're planning to demo the game at various game stores in the area - for those in the Seattle area, let us know if any game stores stand out. And obviously, if you want to meet up and hang out that'd be pretty cool too.

More info about planned appearances on our FB event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1638896906372809/

CT5Holy

Huge update - we're now on Kickstarter! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/821972236/laboratory-mayhem-an-alchemical-strategy-card-game

Even if you're not personally interested in playing, spreading the word here and there would be much appreciated!

3lric

Looking at the Staff section, can't help but wonder which one you are?

CT5Holy

I'm Andrew, co-director of development. I'm the Asian guy in the Kickstarter video.

CT5Holy

For the game designers out there, we have a new tier for our Kickstarter where you get to work with us to create a card for the game! The tier also includes four copies of Lab Mayhem: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/821972236/laboratory-mayhem-an-alchemical-strategy-card-game ("Repair the Doomsday Machine! tier")