• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 04:49:14 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Total Request ASM: All armor replaced by shoes

Started by pokeytax, January 02, 2011, 10:16:01 am

RavenOfRazgriz

I'd use it.  I have 1 point of Speed Growth at level 30 for all units currently but that's only because 255 doesn't prevent gaining a point from 1-50.  I'd be more than happy to tell that Speed Point to screw off.

pokeytax

March 05, 2011, 09:50:40 pm #121 Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 11:03:43 am by pokeytax
Here is an updated version of the skillset hack which hijacks Xifanie's hack to allow AI use of one and only one "Extra Slot" ability, although Defend is likely spammed as usual and has to be manually disabled by me someday.

EDIT: Boo, some graphical glitches with "Attack" with the original skillset hack.
  • Modding version: PSX

pokeytax

March 06, 2011, 10:28:20 am #122 Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 04:38:55 pm by pokeytax
This changes any growths set to zero in FFTPatcher to 65535. It's possible you could squeeze a few points of HP out 1-99 as a Lucavi or something, but it'll certainly kill speed growth.

RavenOfRazgriz

Woot, so Extra Slot is functional at last for the AI, even though it means you need to take care when combining it with double Supports. Why would it be glitching out Attack's animation though, unless this also makes replacing Attack work properly for the AI as well?

That growth hack is great.  I know a few people have been wanting to abuse ALMA far more extensively than I to make a completely different stat growth system, and to do that you really need to be able to null out growths since you still need levels to cause gear scaling.  I'll be using it to cancel out Speed Growth, of course.  I think your spoiler is meant to say "HPC/MPC/SPC/PAC/MAC of 0 produces no growth", though, since that title is incorrect and will likely mislead some genius who doesn't realize it and send them bitching back to you about it.

pokeytax

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on March 06, 2011, 06:50:46 pmWhy would it be glitching out Attack's animation though, unless this also makes replacing Attack work properly for the AI as well?

I don't know. Having an AI unit trigger the extra slot seems to leave some kind of debris that makes the player's Attack command pull up a menu with one blank option, which seems to act as Attack. It works okay, but it's not clean. In battles against, say, all monsters, there was no problem.

Although, maybe you could just get around it by permanently replacing Attack... unfortunately my understanding of how it all works is very loose, since I'm just piggybacking on Xifanie's hack.

RavenOfRazgriz

...That blank command is the <Nothing> Command at the top of the Abilities list in FFTPatcher.

Try adding skills to the Attack window using FFTPatcher's Skillsets tab and see if both the player units and AI can use the skills correctly. If that window's being called and functioning correctly, you may have just accidentally made Attack editable without the need for additional editing.

Kokojo

Quote from: pokeytax on March 03, 2011, 10:26:18 pm
This is so simple it seems implausible no one's done it yet, but it seems to work.

WORLD.BIN
0x000429EC
FD010234
0x000429F8
C6010334

The base .xml is quite outdated, I'm leaving that for later when I have a healthy % of the disables done. Haven't had a lot of time recently.

Woa wait, does this means the player can manualy choose to put these two or is it only possible in FFtpatcher and the likes?
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: Kokojo on March 07, 2011, 04:46:56 pm
Woa wait, does this means the player can manualy choose to put these two or is it only possible in FFtpatcher and the likes?

The player can manually choose to use two Movements or two Supports instead of just one and one.

pokeytax

March 07, 2011, 07:44:05 pm #128 Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 05:11:49 pm by pokeytax
This was a good reminder to post the general version of this code. Probably 90% of the time you would just want to merge Support and Movement but I can think of special cases (Reaction based on Job, three Supports?) and it's not like this is rocket science to hack.

This code changes where abilities show up to be learned and where they can be equipped. R/S/M are not fundamentally different so you can equip three Reactions or three Movements without conflict (beyond priority and occasional weird overwriting Reactions).

If I ever finish disabling the Movement abilities, this will be a lot more useful, as you can use ALMA to easily fill those slots with semi-nutritious goo.

WORLD_WORLD_BIN
AAAA - BBBB: Action Abilities (fiddling not recommended)
CCCC - DDDD: Reaction Slot
EEEE - FFFF: Support Slot
GGGG - HHHH: Movement Slot

Note that these are all half-words, with the lowest byte first. So CCCC defaults to A601 for 01A6 (A Save).

0x429B8
AAAA0334
0x429C0
BBBB0234

0x429D0
CCCC0334
0x429D8
DDDD0234

0x429E4
EEEE0334
0x429EC
FFFF0234

0x429F8
GGGG0334
0x429FC
HHHH0234

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz
Try adding skills to the Attack window using FFTPatcher's Skillsets tab and see if both the player units and AI can use the skills correctly.

Sadly it's not this easy. (For AI; for player, all you have to do is use the existing hack and design a custom skillset.)

RavenOfRazgriz

March 07, 2011, 09:07:28 pm #129 Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 09:40:21 pm by RavenOfRazgriz
Quote from: pokeytax on March 07, 2011, 07:44:05 pmThis code changes where abilities show up to be learned and where they can be equipped. R/S/M are not fundamentally different so you can equip three Reactions or three Movements without conflict (beyond priority and occasional weird overwriting Reactions).

If I ever finish disabling the Movement abilities, this will be a lot more useful, as you can use ALMA to easily fill those slots with semi-nutritious goo.

Wow, that's ridiculously simple. It's good to have on-hand too.  ALMA works nicely for me in this regard, I think I get about 4-5 Support Abilities out of it.

Quote from: pokeytax on March 07, 2011, 07:44:05 pmSadly it's not this easy. (For AI; for player, all you have to do is use the existing hack and design a custom skillset.)

I know how to make it work for player without using ALMA or your hack at all.  I just know you're calling the Attack Action Window, and the top blank command is the top <Nothing> Ability in FFTP, whereas all the other <Nothing> commands in the skillset are the bottommost <Nothing> command, which you can verify with the skillset tab.  Because you're actually calling the window, I was thinking you're already partway to just outright editing Attack without doing some retarded trickery involving putting a different skillset over it (very obtuse) or using the Generic Skillset Fix to make it mime Basic Skill (less obtuse, but doesn't work for AI).

E: The export XML feature on ALMA doesn't work with OpenOffice 3 from what I can tell.  I think this is why Xifanie's spreadsheets all use a copy bar instead of trying to export XML.  Looking for a fix but it doesn't look to good currently.

E2: Added screenshot of error.

pokeytax

Unhiding the XML tab and copy-pasting the whole thing into Notepad should work okay for OpenOffice. If not, I'll work something out.

RavenOfRazgriz

March 08, 2011, 06:25:13 pm #131 Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 06:40:59 pm by RavenOfRazgriz
That workaround seemed to work.  I had intended on toying with that Attack Command error you said hijacking Xifanie's code gave you, Pokeytax, but I can't seem to reproduce the drop down error.  Huh.  

Also, this is going to sound like a strange request, but is there any way to make it so ALMA properties can be attached to a Status?  Or would the whole unit stat refreshing garbage make it require extra code to force a refresh every time a status is applied/removed?  It'd be a rather ad hoc means of making status give +/- PA/MA/SP/element properties/etc.

More importantly than that, though, this seems to need a means of auto-learning attached skillsets.  Even with all Item commands at 0 JP / 100% Learn, I seem to only have access to them randomly when attaching them to the player unit, and it's not something you can just put into an empty set and have work correctly due to the hardcoding if memory serves.

pokeytax

Quotedrop-down error

It's actually part of the main skillset routine, not the AI routine, and it's triggered by guest units, maybe? I am rewriting the code to fix bugs so don't get too attached.

QuoteALMA status

Yes, you would have to learn how to code a refresh every time a status is applied and removed. Beyond me for now.

Quoteauto-learning attached skillsets

Yeah, I'm going to have to sort this out somehow once the basic mechanic itself is hammered out.

RavenOfRazgriz

I see.  Alright.  I was just going to play with the drop down error to see if I could get further with it for editing Attack than the Generic Skillset fix, but oh well.  Stupid Attack Command AI hardcoding, else the GSF would do this by itself.  I asked FDC about it a while back but if memory serves he didn't know where to look offhand to fix that issue either. 

If it helps your code hammering though, using the GSF and editing Defend, Equip Change, Attack, etc. to carry proper skillsets results in them always being 100% learned in my experience, and the AI seems to be able to access all the skillsets sans the ones placed into Attack simultaneously due to that command's own special issues if memory serves.  Not sure if there's anything you could integrate from  that to here to make your life easier or not, though.

pokeytax

Here is the current version, without known bugs. I'm probably going to leave it a while; it provides 80-90% functionality, digging further into the AI is painful to contemplate, and there's other stuff to do (I want to release this & a good chunk of disables for ALMA 3).

You can manipulate player skillsets more or less as desired. Replace Attack, tack on Use Hand/Starry Heaven/All Swordskill.
The AI will take the last applicable Extra Slot ability. It ignores Replace Attack and other Extra Slot abilities.

I dunno what's up with the attached skillsets. I have been getting 100% learn rates, but I've been using esoteric stuff and a Ramza with everything mastered. Because I don't know where to start, I'll have to come back later.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

I need to make Parry useful for Barehanded fighters, since I can't stop Monks from using it due to stupid AI.
W-Ev (when Barehanded) = (PA * 2)
W-Ev = (PA + Speed)
W-Ev = (Either of the above) * (Current HP / Max HP) //Triggers more often the higher your HP, the idea being you're in peak condition.
W-Ev = (Either of the above) * (???) //Works more often the lower your current HP in relation to your Max HP.

Reworking many or all of the reactions so they work more often the lower your HP seems like a good idea.

Another idea: How many R/S/M abilites are duplicates?  I had a nice little list of R/S/M abilities typed up with their effects next to them, but I lost it.  I'll redo it later.  The general idea is that maybe different Reactions should utilize different stats, according to which class they come from.  Like maybe a MA-based evasion boost, and a SP-based evasion boost, ditto counters, and so on.  This sort of thing is impossible without an entire rewrite of the R/S/M portions of BATTLE.BIN.

RavenOfRazgriz

March 10, 2011, 05:28:45 pm #136 Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 05:31:07 pm by RavenOfRazgriz
I'm testing with a fresh Ramza using 06 Item fresh out of Orbonne / Gariland with the Chemist's actual skillset replaced with Sing.  And before you ask, no, the learned abilities when I tried to use the 06 Item support were not the same as those in the Sing skillset, and I had him rigged to be a Master Squire so there was no relation there either. When I give him a skillset he can access from a different Job such as 0A (?) White Magic, it does mirror what he currently knows in that class.  Basically, ALMA needs some kind of optional feature that causes forced mastery in cases where the skillset needs to be from 05-16 but isn't from an actual generic class.

...However, I also just thought of an alternative fix using the Generic Skillset Fix to point skillsets that get auto-learned to hardcoded ones like 06 Item to mimic them and see whether the player can use the skills, but I'm unsure if that'll work and don't have time to test at the moment.

(I'm pretty sure A1 Item lacks the code needed to allow a player to use the skillset.  My testing when combining that and Generic Skillset Fix was 100% learned, unusable skills, though I've not tested it with ALMA yet, as much as I expect it to get the same result.  This reminds me, for when you want to mess with the AI more for the 3.0 release, the Item Innate All 1.1 could be a nice place to look as well.)

Pickle Girl Fanboy: Just set Weapon Guard to 0% Learn, force-apply it to units you want to know Weapon Guard.  Weapon Guard's already often a pretty trashy draw off a <Random> select even if the unit actually has a weapon.  That last one you're looking for is (MaxHP-CurHP)/MaxHP, by the by.  Also, a lot of that functionality is actually slated for the Formula Hack.  Not sure about PA/MA/SP based, but a number of other toggle-able things in order to maximize customization.  We've not actually done a detailed planning of that section yet though since it's pretty far off in the scheme of things.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

QuoteWe've not actually done a detailed planning of that section yet though since it's pretty far off in the scheme of things.

Would a list of duplicates help?  And things like Any Weather can be funky, because Any Weather has two effects:
1. Allows units to move through Marsh panels during rain with no movement penalty, and
2. Negates weather-based elemental bonuses, though I'm not sure if it applies to damage received or damage dealt, or both.  If it's damage dealt or both, then it's stupid, because that punishes the player for equipping it.
And how do the sprites for enemies that have Cannot Enter Water innate behave in water when you remove it?

RavenOfRazgriz

March 10, 2011, 06:22:44 pm #138 Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 06:24:06 pm by RavenOfRazgriz
No, I mean the changing reaction triggers, not the disabling duplicated stuff.

Disabling stuff is what Pokeytax has going on here.  Sorry for the confusion.  Getting a list of duplicates would be good in general, though, especially with the water-based movement skills, since there's like four of them with almost the same goddamn name.  It'd also help people figure out exactly what they want to disable when ALMA 3 is done, since if memory serves Pokeytax is just finding ways to disable all of the S/M.

No idea on that last bit with Cannot Enter Water, never tested.